PDA

View Full Version : STREET FIGHTER 2 ROM TOP

XXX-1.8T
19th July 2010, 12:22 PM
Hi,

If i bought a SF2 Rom top would it work with my SF2 Hyper Fight Mother Board?

How would i make it work? Is it hard?

Myny
19th July 2010, 12:55 PM
It depends which one you bought, you'd need to replace the B board (looking from biggest board to smallest, A is biggest, B is the middle, C is the top small square board) for that to work. You'd then have to swap and change boards as you wanted to change games. Which game are you looking at going to - the complete boards are not that expensive, and I'd be looking more at just getting a complete set if you want others.

XXX-1.8T
19th July 2010, 02:01 PM
Im looking to buy World Warrior Rom Top and the motherboard i currently have is SF2 Hyper Fight

So boards B and C

Myny
19th July 2010, 03:55 PM
You might even just get away with a B board swap, having a bad brain day so can't remember 100% :)

danloads
19th July 2010, 04:13 PM
Ive never had a problem swapping the rom top with any cps1 motherboard, I rekon you'll be right mate :cool:

XXX-1.8T
19th July 2010, 04:16 PM
so world warrior rom top on hyper fight should be fine?

BTW how does it detach i thought it was all soldered together?

Anyone have pics of what comes off where?

con
19th July 2010, 05:04 PM
are u looking at the one on ebay?

Yeah i think it would work on your CPS1 hyper mobo.

CPS1 has 3 boards that plug into each other. generally the A board (mobo) is interchangable. Some newer games such as hyper fight have the newer smaller mobo with 12mHz clock.

MangledLeg
19th July 2010, 05:40 PM
CPS1 boards actually sit on top of each others via a couple of long connectors - just gently wiggle them apart to separate the boards (look for the long grey plastic connectors that go along the long sides of the boards, there's a couple on either side).

I swap the B & C boards between SF2/CE/HF whenever the mood hits me, the A-boards are completely interchangeable.

Internestingly, the A board is also compatible with a Final Fight B & C board combo. I have a working rom top for FF, but the A-board has gone and shat itself. All I do now is swap off my Sf2 boards, and no problem.

XXX-1.8T
19th July 2010, 10:13 PM
anyone got world warrior rom tops they can sell me?