PDA

View Full Version : Global VR Ultrapin Pinball 6 Games included!

markc
18th November 2006, 09:31 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Global-VR-Ultrapin-Pinball-6-Games-included_W0QQitemZ300050187963QQihZ020QQcategoryZ1 3716QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item300050187963

wonder if we will see this here ?

any thoughts ?

Savage
18th November 2006, 10:18 AM
Hmmm not sure about this.
Wish they would show pics of the actual playfield!

frs
18th November 2006, 11:09 AM
Personal opinion: real pinballs only, and PinMAME is a lot lot lot cheaper than these VR ultrapins

it would probly be worth looking at for ops out there, lower maintenance fees and easier game rotation, but would it catch on? Who knows

and i doubt that too many collectors out there would care to own one, which might make resale value after it's been sited a bit low?

TheYellowDart
18th November 2006, 11:21 AM
Here's a couple of photos of the playfield:

http://www.engadgethd.com/2006/11/12/global-vr-unveils-plasma-equipped-ultrapin-machine/
http://www.retrothing.com/2006/11/pinball_expo_20_1.html

And a short video of it in use:

YouTube - UltraPin Digital Pinball Machine

Really hard to tell from either of these what it feels like to play. Will just have to wait until I can try one out.

judgeboz
18th November 2006, 02:40 PM
Not for the die hard pinheads but for operating them in pubs would be ok. So operators don't need to put 2 or 3 pins in a pub anymore and maybe just one of these ultapins. I can see these machine introducing advertising and subliminal messages (drink more beer) while playing the game.

The sound I expect would be DCS quality the plasma screen would be very bright and colourful to play all the classics without all the space and maintenance hassle.

I think the mums and dads would love it and would keep the kids amused for a long time.

Maybe include some EMs and have the DMD simulate the old score reels clicking over.

This may also allow other software developers come up with some creative and interesting (without physically building a playfield) either a new game or a mod to an existing game. Maybe it would be quicker to develop the Crocodile Hunter pinnie this way than by Mr Pinball.

I don't think it would be long before we start seeing these appearing in pubs.

So, would I buy a Ultrapin - no. If I was an operator maybe yes.

Darksoul
18th November 2006, 04:04 PM
I can see these machine introducing advertising and subliminal messages (drink more beer) while playing the game.

I don't think it would be long before we start seeing these appearing in pubs.

So, would I buy a Ultrapin - no. If I was an operator maybe yes.

I agree.

And there is nothing wrong with drinking more beer. :badgrin

Strangeways
18th November 2006, 04:36 PM
I'm not a fan. The reason I love pinball is it is tangible...

The good - Variety of tables.

The bad - No flipper rebuilds, no re-rubbering, no mis firing solenoids... the list goes on :lol

Nah, I can't see a demand for the collector / restorer. But there could be a market for the operators.

Pop Bumper Pete
18th November 2006, 06:03 PM
Six tables now, and more tables will be avaliable to add later

I think it will be good for those who want a pinball but do not want the associated maintenance that goes with ownership

I think it will be very expensive to buy a machine in Oz

(I did mention this machine 6 week ago http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=2817)

stu
11th January 2007, 07:52 AM
Just to let you guys know i had a go on one of these a few days ago......was at a private location...an op friend of mine has just got one for his personal collection

Umm, it's actually pretty cool to play. They have got the flipper timing really acurate to the buttons so it feels good to hit the ball with the flippers as there is no horrible delay, graphically it's not the most stunning thing to look at but still it doesn't look that bad. It's hard to explain what the graphics look like.....It sounds pretty cool to!! I don't really know what else to write here......this person paid around $1100 for their machine shipped from OS :(......i would much much much prefer X machines of the real thing for that price.

Sure the ability to upgrade it is a good thing...but still. I would have to say that they have done a really good job of actually making the machine the way they did, because it has the potential to be so shit..... however no matter how good of a job you do there is no way you will get close to the real thing with a video machine like this.

It just feels like a big mame toy of some sort...when i play it i cant help but feel like i do when i play pinmame......kind of like...hey this is really cool that i can have a go at these machines on my computer....but it just isnt anything like the real thing...

my 2c

Guru-Choc
11th January 2007, 03:20 PM
It sounds pretty cool to!! I don't really know what else to write here......this person paid around $1100 for their machine shipped from OS :(......i would much much much prefer X machines of the real thing for that price.

$1100 or $11000 ?

stu
11th January 2007, 03:55 PM
Sorry that's $11000...my bad