PDA

View Full Version : What we need Parts Suppliers to stock.

Fish Tales
15th May 2010, 10:42 AM
Seems that aussie collectors are sending alot of money overseas, and wouldnt it be great to have more of what we need here. I wouldnt expect an aussie supplier to have a range like Marco, but with the amount, and diversity of machines imported, demand may soon rise steeply for more/varied parts.

The idea of this thread is for guys to list gear they cant in australia. If we see that alot of guys are needing the same stuff not available locally, then maybe our aussie suppliers could look at expanding their range. We cant expect them to import gear that would get dusty on shelves, but it would be interesting to see if our needs are being meet for consumables in constant need/not readily available here.

I will add a poll as well, but still post what you think aussie suppliers are lacking.
If you think they are meeting most of our needs then post that opinion as well :)

brado
15th May 2010, 10:48 AM
Cheap NOS backglasses:p.

Replay
15th May 2010, 11:05 AM
Monster Bash plastics :x

gameroom
15th May 2010, 11:08 AM
This is a great thread idea, not only for suppliers but for collectors aswell.

I am always looking for items to stock, and hard to buy things in bulk if you dont know if they will move or not.

I have had a few requests from members here to stock specific items, which some are on my next order list. When buying stock you need to buy in bulk but must have some demand to proceed.

I'm sure many of the commercial members will keep their eye on this thread.

shootar75
15th May 2010, 11:35 AM
i think it would be impossible - even when ordering stuff from o/s for one order I have to get it from 2-3 suppliers as it is.

GEE
15th May 2010, 11:51 AM
WCS94 ramps (Mark C had some NOS but sold out)
WCS94 backglass
Dr Who slings
Safecracker ramps (I have my own, but lots of people are looking for them)

dezbaz
15th May 2010, 07:32 PM
Good idea :)

narf_
15th May 2010, 07:38 PM
i want them to reply back to emails :realmad:

illawarra_steelers
15th May 2010, 07:56 PM
Have always been a supporter of Aussie companies, except when it comes to pinball parts.

For guys that are into pre 1977 pins the only place (sadly) is to order from the US (IMO).

PBR gets all my cash, every month, except for Shay Arcade Group for repro backglasses and plastics. Especially with the Aussie dollar being strong.

Great to see Pinball Rescue up and running and they have parts I need coming soon, so cash stays in Oz with them.

Virgil Tracy
16th May 2010, 09:18 AM
Most of my stuff comes from Bay area amusments as I find they can help with most items. If you want some parts for your cookie cutter collection you can get them here in Australia.

For the rest of us with the less popular games, the good old USA is the only source.