PDA

View Full Version : Batman TDK vs LOTR

wingtipvortex
10th May 2010, 08:51 PM
While in sunny Qland i had the opportunity to play both of these pins. I have never played either one before, so i was pretty exited to be able to have a crack on both.

I only had time to have a couple of games on each, so i cant be 100% on my brief description, but i'll try to be as accurate as i can.

TDK- I'm a huge fan of Batman and anything related, so i was pumped to see one ready for action. Put my 2 DOLLARS FOR 3 BALLS IN!!!!!!, and started to play. I had no idea what to shoot for and i'm not really a rule reader. I'd rather learn for myself and have a bit of a free-ball around, thats part of the fun right. So i hit a few targets, shot a few ramps and lit some modes, all good fun. BUT, it just seemed a little.......plain. There was a " kinda" nice flow to it, but nothing really stood out for me.

The sound volume did not help as it was like a low grade fart in the middle of the night, when you are half asleep volume( i like to hear the pinny ). Too low!

Overall, TDK is not a bad pin to play, nice art/theme and its Batman. But bang for buck, it fails for me.

LOTR - Not a particular favorite theme for me. I put another 2 DOLLARS FOR 3 BALLS IN, and started to play. Well.......from get go this pin had me hooked! Smooth ball flow, excellent features and a general great pinball flow:) Ramps were exiting to hit, features were nice to achive( with results ), and just generally an old skool feel to this pin. I enjoyed this 100% more than TDK, although the sound was too low as well.

So if i had a choice of buying or playing either, it would defiantly be the LOTR.

For me on a scale of 1/10
LOTR=8.5
TDK=6.0

I still think old skool pins kik way more ass than most newer one's i have played.
Just my thoughts, as i'm sure everyone thinks differently:)

Fish Tales
10th May 2010, 08:54 PM
I very much like LOTR, almost as much as afm/mm.

ANT68
10th May 2010, 09:06 PM
I very much like LOTR, almost as much as afm/mm.

+1 to that ,but I would vote for SM for been up there .:rolleyes

Audioenslaved
10th May 2010, 09:12 PM
I love LOTR every time I play her. Its got me wanting one to add to the collection mayb in a couple of years... First a Frank and a White water oh the list... :'(

BrissyGuy
10th May 2010, 09:32 PM
I very much like LOTR, almost as much as FT.

No surprise there.

Mr Tilt
10th May 2010, 09:54 PM
lotr le is on par with my mm, gor for it!

sleazius
10th May 2010, 10:02 PM
I love both these pins, love both the themes, own a LOTR, and wouldn't mind adding a BDK.

However I see LOTR as a top 10 pin, BDK is probably top 50 or so. Only one man's opinion of course :)

bwodie
10th May 2010, 10:15 PM
i quite enjoyed TDK but yah it seemed a bit repetitive for me
love lotr

Railways
10th May 2010, 10:36 PM
Played a BDK a bit over a year ago at a collectors place - it had less than 50 games on it and I ahd no idea what the hell I was doing. Went and played an Elvis and that was fun. LOTR is still my fav. Stern but I'm biased as I had 1 golden ball on one once:lol

GEE
11th May 2010, 01:23 AM
I've played both and enjoyed both.

But of the two, I only wanted to own a LOTR ... Stern's finest moment.

GIBO
11th May 2010, 01:38 AM
Just finished playing a Batman TDK with the lastest software released this week 2.9 and it changes the game completely,more multiballs ,more sounds a few issues fixed and more modes,well worth another shot if you played it awhile ago

Fish Tales
11th May 2010, 06:25 AM
No surprise there.

playing silly buggas huh :p

knight76
11th May 2010, 12:55 PM
I love my LOTR it is just a great pin to play. Clear goals to get one of the three movie multiballs going. Good toys with the Balrog and the ring though not a fan of bash the balrog mode.

Fantastic sound.

I have not played a BDK yet.

shootar75
11th May 2010, 01:09 PM
i walked away from tdk with credits in it.

necroscope
15th May 2010, 09:31 AM
Played the dark night in sydney at galaxy world and i found it a very enjoyable game only managed to score 98,000,000 on it and never got to the batmobile but it was a fun game the current high score was 308,000,000.anyway would probably love to own one one day but it's no-where near as good as LOTR however in my opinion it's a much smoother player than the simpsons pinball party and i would rather TDK over TSPP anyday.