PDA

View Full Version : applying cabinet decals

markc
6th November 2006, 08:06 PM

Strangeways
6th November 2006, 08:58 PM
That's a really helpful description.

I guess that if you do get it wrong, it would be a very expensive stuff up, so it pays to follow the instructions of someone who has done several cabs. I think there are only a handful of pinheads that do a really top job (Christopher Hutchins spring to mind) in the USA, so I think it's excellent that we have someone local who can help out! :)

judgeboz
6th November 2006, 09:35 PM
Mark, it would be cool to record it on a digital camera and maybe have it included on Darksoul's pinball DVD.

markc
6th November 2006, 09:51 PM

NMD
6th November 2006, 09:58 PM
The first decal replacement i do im going to use this as a guide

http://www.robertwinter.com/pinball/restorations/cc/cabinet/index.html

Your method sounds good though Mark, be keen to see some before/during/after pics.

markc
6th November 2006, 10:01 PM

judgeboz
6th November 2006, 10:05 PM
mate I am going to take pictures and work on all that once I get my CC pinny
I do have a few shots of a TZ i did last week you will see for yourself when you see the pinny this week as I am sure Damien will show you with his others he has got off me

mark

Sorry I mean a movie not stills. A movie a great way for us to really understand the process and get a real feel to the effort involved.

P.S. I can't wait to see Damien's pinnies, I will be visiting him with Darksoul and hopefully getting it recorded on Darksoul's DVD.

markc
6th November 2006, 10:15 PM

NMD
6th November 2006, 10:20 PM
lol i am of course i doing the same machine with my pictures too
very much the same way also

mark
Sweet, looking forward to some pics

Pop Bumper Pete
8th November 2006, 03:58 PM
Mark, may I suggest you invest in a rubber coated Rollingpin, it might do the job a little better

markc
8th November 2006, 05:52 PM