PDA

View Full Version : Adelaide Anyone with large scanner (or good camera) for Translight?

Homepin
17th April 2010, 01:15 PM
There is a member in Adelaide that is happy to assist me by scanning his translight so that I can have one printed to replace the horribly faded one on my machine.

Does anyone have a large scanner (or know of a company that does) that would be able to scan the translight even in a couple of sections would be OK as I can get them stitched together.

The printing I can get done easily but obviously I need the artwork first.

I am happy to pay any fair price to have it done.

Cheers,

Mike

dezbaz
17th April 2010, 01:29 PM
I tried to scan a Marquee on the Lunar Lander, and it turned out quite dull, as the light goes straight through

I took a pic using a high res camera, zooming in from about 4ft away, to prevent bending / bulging, with better results

Just my 20c that's all :)

Homepin
17th April 2010, 01:41 PM
I tried to scan a Marquee on the Lunar Lander, and it turned out quite dull, as the light goes straight through

I took a pic using a high res camera, zooming in from about 4ft away, to prevent bending / bulging, with better results

I'm happy to try anything really to get the artwork???

pinbot
14th June 2010, 11:14 AM
Is the company "Arque" still going? I used to get Full Size Posters scanned/reproduced a few years ago.. At the time they were the only company in Adelaide that had a Scanner big enough to scan large posters..

They were opposite the Fire Station in the CBD..

GEMINI
14th June 2010, 11:17 AM

Would it help to put white paper or cardboard behind it?
then remove the white by editing?
just a thought

xygt
14th June 2010, 03:46 PM
I can do this for you, but would need a couple of weeks first as the mrs is flat out with studies at the moment (which makes me busier too).

I have a HP 4670 scanner, so it would be in pieces that you can get stitched together.

tnpshow
14th June 2010, 08:53 PM
The last Officeworks catalog I saw said they were offering A0 Scanning for $35 :unsure

Haven't had the time to investigate yet...

daics3522
14th June 2010, 09:04 PM
The last Officeworks catalog I saw said they were offering A0 Scanning for $35 :unsure
Haven't had the time to investigate yet...

Watch out for the "translite police" ............. :lol:lol

Homepin
14th June 2010, 09:19 PM
Watch out for the "translite police" ............. :lol:lol

it's alright - this is a DE - the 'translite police' can get stuffed! :lol:lol:lol:lol

narf_
14th June 2010, 09:50 PM
its not a translite its a poster *waves hand*

all in the jedi my friends

RocK-Ozla
14th June 2010, 11:19 PM
Is the company "Arque" still going? I used to get Full Size Posters scanned/reproduced a few years ago.. At the time they were the only company in Adelaide that had a Scanner big enough to scan large posters..

They were opposite the Fire Station in the CBD..

i think there in Findon now.. they sell the scaners, but may be able to give you a lead on where to get it done..

Yep.. officeworks can also do it.. well i think, as i've only had A0 size B/W drawings done.. but they may be able to do color..

EDIT :- 86 that last bit of info as i can do better...
was unable to sleep, as i was thinking of a jukebox i need to do a large copy for once they arive from the USA & remembered about 18 months ago i had a large pic' copied & laminated for another juke i restored..
the company is in Lonsdale.. i'll try & get the info over the next few days & post it here..

cheers

xygt
15th June 2010, 11:40 AM
i think there in Findon now.. they sell the scaners, but may be able to give you a lead on where to get it done..

Yep.. officeworks can also do it.. well i think, as i've only had A0 size B/W drawings done.. but they may be able to do color..

EDIT :- 86 that last bit of info as i can do better...
was unable to sleep, as i was thinking of a jukebox i need to do a large copy for once they arive from the USA & remembered about 18 months ago i had a large pic' copied & laminated for another juke i restored..
the company is in Lonsdale.. i'll try & get the info over the next few days & post it here..

cheers

I'm going to guess it is Allbiz in Lonsdale.
I get all my arcade related printing done there, with excellent results.
I like their online ordering system, which saves stacks of time.
Best of all, the prices are very reasonable.

Contact Us
allBIZ Supplies
125 O'Sullivan Beach Road
Lonsdale SA 5160

PH:(08) 8326 2899 | FAX: (08) 8382 5532

HOURS
8:00 - 6:00 M-F
9:00 - 12:00 SAT

print@allbizsupplies.biz

http://www.allbizsupplies.biz/documents/allbiz_pricelist_complete_web160310.pdf

tnpshow
15th June 2010, 01:53 PM
Wow awesome stuff! Cheers

RocK-Ozla
15th June 2010, 02:32 PM

Contact Us
allBIZ Supplies
Lonsdale SA 5160

HOURS

print@allbizsupplies.biz

"YEP" these are the people i used.. very good work... very happy...

& i'll be using them again..

cheers.

Mr Pubstuff
15th June 2010, 06:30 PM
geez, bloody lonsdale is a fair trot from up in the hills...

mike, im happy to get good pics for you. my camera is 8 or 11mp, cant remember, but it takes ok photos. i can also get it to an officeworks at a pinch, but i just wont have time to get it lonsdale anytime soon sorry (thats around 1 1/2 from here i guess not counting to go get the translite first) but if you are happy to wait a couple of weekends i may be able to do it for you, altho im guessing being a commercial business they wont be open on saturdays and i wouldnt be able to get there in work hours.

if i can get it to any of the other guys that are closer, then im happy to do so as the translite isnt far from here in the scheme of things (uraidla if i remember right?)

Homepin
15th June 2010, 06:50 PM
I'm currently battling for one from the States so let's see how that goes - I'm unsure if the one in Adelaide is still available to copy anyway as the guy was selling the machine :unsurebut thank's for the offer.

RocK-Ozla
15th June 2010, 06:56 PM
remember this is a translite.. not glass..

roll it up, put it in a post pack poster tube & post it to them.. they will do the job & send it back...
while your at it get them to load it to a USB stick & have it for next time..

as for stuff from the USA.. well that can be easy.. i get stuff sent from the USA every month from my suppliers...

cheers.

Homepin
15th June 2010, 07:25 PM
remember this is a translite.. not glass..

roll it up, put it in a post pack poster tube & post it to them.. they will do the job & send it back...
while your at it get them to load it to a USB stick & have it for next time..

as for stuff from the USA.. well that can be easy.. i get stuff sent from the USA every month from my suppliers...

cheers.

Yeah - except this person REFUSES to roll it and will ONLY ship it flat - Hmmmm.....

xygt
15th June 2010, 07:38 PM
Well, I live 1km from this Allbiz place in Lonsdale if that helps :unsure

Hoopstar
15th June 2010, 08:42 PM

Contact Us
allBIZ Supplies
Lonsdale SA 5160

HOURS

print@allbizsupplies.biz

Great news there.. I work 1 minute from there, so it's always handy to find somewhere close by that does reputable work..

Hoops