PDA

View Full Version : Name your top 2 !!

gottman
23rd December 2005, 07:02 PM
HI guys,

There's a lot of talk on the other side and i would like to know peoples top 2 pinballs considering every aspect of the game.. Artwork,gameplay and design.

To me theres a difference between having a soft spot and deciphering quality..

1. Black Hole

2. Haunted House ( In my opinion 2 of the best games ever designed and made to date. )

Cheers Gottman

rottenpig
24th December 2005, 07:20 PM
i am one of those few here that havn't played many old pinballs :( so my opinion is way biased towards the new stuff.

my top one would be medieval madness. the whole machine is well designed, it looks awesome, and the features are plentifull and very trick, i never get tired of playing it.

i am a keen south park fan so my second vote goes to the southpark pinball even if it doesn't make most peoples top 100. this is one of the 1st pinballs i really enjoyed (after dr who and lethal weapon 3 which were also cool). the artwork is as expected, but the sounds and gameplay are sweet. the characters voices really make the game and i used to play this for hours and piss myself laughing. i havn't found one around for a few years now so if anyone knows of one to play let me know.

1. medieval madness
2. southpark

MadMikeAU
24th December 2005, 08:23 PM
Dunno about top 2 favs, but top 2 most hated...

1) Any pinny where the flippers dont work...arrrgggghhh how frustrating is that?

2) Any pinny where the ball gets stuck and you have to tilt the machine to continue.

RetroBorg
27th December 2005, 12:19 AM
1) Centaur

2) Indiana Jones

gottman
27th December 2005, 10:41 AM
Hi retroborg,

gathering by the info left behind i'm guessing you don't mind a little star trek.. I am a massive fan of ST. Its a pitty that the ST machines aren't what they should be !!

Cheers Gottman

Prof
28th December 2005, 10:41 PM
Meteor is my number one, love the sound when the rockets are almost to the top :)

Haunted House would have to be number two, with the 4 layer table to boot:o

btw, IF anyone has a Meteor (dead or alive, just as long as it's complete)that they want to get rid of, lmk

Cheers

DJS
29th December 2005, 11:05 AM
Well my first post "finally"............

I think it is hard to chose 2 - so i will split it into New "90'S" and Old "70s" - i didnt play much in the 80'S.

The Old ones would have to be

1st Gorgar

2nd Flash - Kiss a close 3rd "prob only coz im a big fan - didnt play that well"

Late Stuff

1st - Indy "thats an easy one as i had one a few years ago and sold it, ended up having to buy another one

2nd - Adams "great sound and plays well without being to complicated for non players".

Cheers
Darren

CampKrusty
29th December 2005, 11:34 AM
Twilight Zone

Medevil Madness

rottenpig
1st January 2006, 09:22 PM
just saw this on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SOUTHPARK-PINBALL-MACHINE-fully-reconditioned_W0QQitemZ6241077023QQcategoryZ3945QQ rdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i would kill for that machine - please ask me to kill for it. :068:

seriously though, is it worth that much?
i was looking at getting an old pinball in good nick for around $1500. i havn't played any pre 94-ish pinballs so i wpouldn't have a clue about which ones are better than others - any info you guys could lend would be sweet.

Arcade King
2nd January 2006, 08:09 AM
Well my first post "finally"............

Better late than never.

Welcome Darren

Wotto
4th January 2006, 02:43 PM
Hi all,

Ok - you all know I love Williams -

1) Flash

2) Gorgar

:D

gottman
4th January 2006, 07:01 PM
i am one of those few here that havn't played many old pinballs :( so my opinion is way biased towards the new stuff.

my top one would be medieval madness. the whole machine is well designed, it looks awesome, and the features are plentifull and very trick, i never get tired of playing it.

i am a keen south park fan so my second vote goes to the southpark pinball even if it doesn't make most peoples top 100. this is one of the 1st pinballs i really enjoyed (after dr who and lethal weapon 3 which were also cool). the artwork is as expected, but the sounds and gameplay are sweet. the characters voices really make the game and i used to play this for hours and piss myself laughing. i havn't found one around for a few years now so if anyone knows of one to play let me know.

1. medieval madness
2. southpark

Hi rottenpig,

I too love the gameplay and speech on South park !!

Great choice !!

Cheers Gottman

gottman
4th January 2006, 07:16 PM
just saw this on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SOUTHPARK-PINBALL-MACHINE-fully-reconditioned_W0QQitemZ6241077023QQcategoryZ3945QQ rdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i would kill for that machine - please ask me to kill for it. :068:

seriously though, is it worth that much?
i was looking at getting an old pinball in good nick for around $1500. i havn't played any pre 94-ish pinballs so i wpouldn't have a clue about which ones are better than others - any info you guys could lend would be sweet.

Hi it's me again Gottman,

I love system 80 gottlieb games ( from 1980 to 1984ish ) fantastic well design playable games but with a few minor flaws ( simply to fix for techs ) if they are not fixed, they will work and from time to time can be a little unreliable.

Now to the climax, i picked up a 1979 stern Magic in immaculate condition ( and i mean immaculate )

I have had this pinny now for two years and it has never let me down. I must admit i service it from time to time. ( common stuff, very fussy with my pinnys )

Anyway sometimes the older machines in great condition are a better source to purchase as it is less complex to repair and maintain.

I hope i have helped in someway,

Cheers Gottman

rottenpig
4th January 2006, 09:00 PM
finally, someone alse who likes the gameplay on the southpark pinny. rock on! thanks for the info, your pinny sounds cool, my main gripe with some of the oldies is getting sick of em after a while as they don't have all the sweet features of the newer ones, but it seems that they are just as long lasting judging by how much you like yours - what a score. that's what i want. an old good 1 that needs a little fixing.

gottman
5th January 2006, 08:21 AM
finally, someone alse who likes the gameplay on the southpark pinny. rock on! thanks for the info, your pinny sounds cool, my main gripe with some of the oldies is getting sick of em after a while as they don't have all the sweet features of the newer ones, but it seems that they are just as long lasting judging by how much you like yours - what a score. that's what i want. an old good 1 that needs a little fixing.

I grew up with 90"s pinnies. My 1979 Stern gets more gameplay from me than my JP. I find the simplier the layout e.g. hit targets, load up score etc is more rewarding. i undarstand that once completed what has needed to be done you restart the process again, but see thats the fun, how many times CAN it be done and how high will your score be !!!!!

I guess iam old skool... :lol

Cheers Gottman

pigsie
5th January 2006, 05:35 PM
I can't choose 2 so I'm going to pick 1 from each era (or there abouts)

EM : 1975 Gottlieb Soccer
(this pinny has been played the latest into the night with mates having a few brews - two player EM, chimes, spinners, with the bonus red balls in the animated backglass just makes it so much more of a contest)

SS : 1979 Williams Time Warp
(wotto I was so dissappointed that it didn't make your list, but it's hard to keep it to 2, love the graphics, the old solid state sounds, drop targets and 10x bonus, let alone those crazy banana flippers)

DMD : 1993 Williams Indiana Jones
(I spent soooo much money on this machine I should have bought shares in Williams, the video modes, the challenges, the great sound, love it and still want one if only the prices would return to realistic)

Sorry its not 2, but "such is life".

Regards
Pigsie

ACE FREHLEY
5th January 2006, 05:38 PM
1/ Kiss
2/ Guns n roses

I would like a Playboy too, but I won't mention that, cause I can only pick too.......doh!!

NMD
8th January 2006, 11:17 AM
1] WCS
2] The Shadow

On my wishlist: Hankins Howzat!

Wotto
8th January 2006, 08:36 PM
On my wishlist: Hankins Howzat!

I had an email from a guy in Mittagong today asking me if I knew how to fix a Howzat-( it is not going completely through the start up sequence apparently) maybe he is that pissed that it doesnt work that he might sell it?
( people get like that with pinnies ).

If you were REALLY serious about a Howzat - PM me.

wotto