PDA

View Full Version : 5mm cuphead bolts where to get

@lien_Zed
27th October 2006, 02:38 PM
Where do i get something like this.
imperial would do also.
I have tried bunnings, conventry fasteners, mitre 10, townsville fasteners, supa cheap auto, bolt masters, ajax fastners, boating camping fishing, blackwoods...

id like nuts to suit as well.

elvis
27th October 2006, 02:49 PM
I just spent 6 days searching the whole of Brisbane for some 6mm metric bolts to attach a router to a routing table. I went through the complete list that you mentioned there, and finally found these guys:

Bolts & Industrial Supplies Pty Ltd
* 145 Evans Rd Salisbury 4107
* (07) 3277 6944

Hopefully they can sort you out. You'd think living in a METRIC country finding METRIC bolts would be easy, but bloody hell was it difficult. Hope you find what you're after.

@lien_Zed
27th October 2006, 02:56 PM
6mm metric bolts, how many do you want????
every bloke and his dog has them up here on the shelf!!!
i will try the guys you suggested.
Thanks

Bolts & Industrial Supplies Pty Ltd
* 145 Evans Rd Salisbury 4107
* (07) 3277 6944

I just rang these dudes. They have 6mm but thats the smallest they go to...
i have heard that story all day :cry
not having much joy with google either:cry :cry

elvis
27th October 2006, 03:14 PM
6mm metric bolts, how many do you want????
every bloke and his dog has them up here on the shelf!!!
Shit. Maybe it's some supid Brisbane thing. Everyone stocks these shit Zenith bolts and nothing else. Anyways it's all good - I've the 6mm ones I need.

I just rang these dudes. They have 6mm but thats the smallest they go to...
i have heard that story all day :cry
Shit, sorry man. Last time I went to Bunnings they definitely had 5mm bolts, but only those weird ones that you need a hex/allen-key to bolt down. No cup-heads.

@lien_Zed
27th October 2006, 08:00 PM
Well, i finally i gave up. i tried every mitre 10 store in town and out of sheer desperation i went to home hardware and next door was bbq galore.they sell furniture as well here so i had a chat to them and they let me hunt thru the piles of spare screw thay had at the back of the shop and still nothing...

*sigh*

so i got some counter sunk screws instead with nuts. Zenith type mitre 10.20 of them for $3.50...

it does the job, but i really wanted button type or caphead bolts...:cry

the hex/allen head ones are called "socket head cap screws"
or it is a very small hex head in a cap type it is called a "button head" bolt...
clear as mud???:unsure good!:)