PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a custom program for commercial use

gameroom
5th February 2010, 07:18 PM
Hi,

I'm looking for someone to design, or modify existing, jukebox software to suit my newish business, GameRoom Essentials.

Prefer video support, must be keyboard supported (not mouse), would like cdg but not essential.

Any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks

Danny
GameRoom Essentials

David_AVD
5th February 2010, 08:07 PM
Not an answer, but a related question; Who supplies the content (music)? This is usually a much bigger hassle than the software.

gameroom
6th February 2010, 08:26 AM
The jukeboxes leave here with 1 album for testing. The owner of the album lives local to me and gave me permission to use it (as it helps get his name known to the public).

All other music on the jukebox is the responcability of the new owner.

There are a few places to buy music and even video clips for jukeboxes, especially for commercial hire, etc. One company supply the music/video each month on disc and is specific to each jukebox. The software needs a key to decode the music.

The prices for music like this is much more expensive than going to K-mart, so I have left it to the new owners to put their own music on.

I did have a look at your work yesterday, no bad at all. I have been using SK Jukebox software, but Salmon King has dissapeared and I can't track him down. I was paying him for the software but his paypal is no longer active.

David_AVD
6th February 2010, 10:28 AM
Aussie Juke is something I work on as I get time.

As you say, getting involved with the music licensing side is not a trivial task.