PDA

View Full Version : WH2O topper arrives

Mr Pubstuff
27th January 2010, 09:54 PM
i finally got an original topper for my WH2O (as the one i bought was in oh so good nick, but didnt have a topper but the price was right), so after scouring high and low for ages without luck and getting told i just wont find one anywhere, i got lucky from a guy in the USA that saw my wanted post on rec.games.pinball (his mate had one) and after being a little concerned sending money overseas without much hope of getting it back if it went ass up, it arrived today. i even managed to fluke the right day when the dollar was just on 93c i think it was :cool:

it did have a crack underneath on the left as you can see, but i wasnt concerned too much about it cos i didnt fancy my chances of finding another anytime soon and after some good glue primer and superglue today, it aint moving again and wont be seen when installed. not a great photo tho but it cleaned up really nice also.

new domes for my fishtales and WH2O arrive tomorrow with some other goodies from MarkC (who has them on an amazing special at present for less than 60bux each and he is sooo easy to deal with), so this weekend will see it finally complete and how it should be. if i can, i'll also get one of the raft mods before the weekend also.

ready the beers sando, the time neareth! :lol

http://www.pubstuff.com.au/arcade/Wh2o topper.jpg

Red Series 3
27th January 2010, 10:07 PM
congrats

Crafty
27th January 2010, 10:21 PM
Very Nice...

Fish Tales
28th January 2010, 05:50 AM
having the topper is a must

Talby
28th January 2010, 06:15 AM
Good pick up and well worth it. The artwork on it is spot on.

stuba
28th January 2010, 07:24 AM
the topper is an amazing piece of functional art for it's time - great score. :)

Mr Pubstuff
28th January 2010, 04:22 PM
thanks guys, i wont disclose what i paid for it (it wasnt cheap) but there are guys in the states that have been chasing them for many months on a couple of forums and rec.games.pinball, so i think i may have got lucky even at the price paid cos there are 2 guys in the usa offering up to US$500 (yes, US$500 :o) for a topper in good nick. the price difference of machines with and without toppers seems to be 500-700 from what i can see also, so despite the cost, im happy cos its now complete as it should be. :D

Fish Tales
28th January 2010, 04:35 PM
hey I agree, the topper adds at least 500 bucks to the pin

el_timbo86
28th January 2010, 04:41 PM
I havent actually seen this topper when its cascading...If anyone has a youtube link (with decent quality footage), could you post it here - i couldnt find one..!?

Great find too!

bwodie
28th January 2010, 05:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcOp1vSdU1U

kinda gotta see it irl

Red Series 3
28th January 2010, 05:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsioseuXYAk

There's good footage of the waterfall working on the promo vid around the beginning and also at the end... their one doesn't seem to have the crease in the middle like most i have seen in real life.

I always enjoyed this game and watched the promo before. I reckon this is a really good game it wasn't really that appreciated even 12 months ago but it has been in the top 10 on ipdb for some time now. Definitely a fav in my books.

Darksoul
29th January 2010, 08:29 AM
Nice score Pubstuff. I agree, WH2O without a topper just does not cut it.

Mr Pubstuff
29th January 2010, 09:25 AM
your right brad. i was lucky the lights and boards were all there intact and working (as i had already read about the cost and issues getting them back in and working right) and was lucky that markc had the domes just unpacked last weekend and on special under 60 (everywhere else was 90-120) so hopefully it will be painless to make look as it should (and better once i get a raft hehe) and im thinking also the neon rope that wotto has used on his. not everyons cup of tea i guess and i may just use it on the waterfall ramp, but that will be later down the track i guess.