PDA

View Full Version : Bally Bazaar 1966

millsy56
26th January 2010, 08:36 PM
Here we go Stu :D

Mango
26th January 2010, 09:03 PM
Nice pin, when does the restoration start?

Nah just kidding, looks very sweet great work

Arcade King
26th January 2010, 09:07 PM
Simply amazing work! How about a bit of history on the machine?

Pinball Warehouse
26th January 2010, 09:12 PM
Truly firstclass effort, what a great looking machine. This motivates me to achieve a higher standard.

Railways
26th January 2010, 09:13 PM
Hah Millsy, nice work even after the tight squeeze getting it home. Thumbs up.Jeff

millsy56
26th January 2010, 09:17 PM
Simply amazing work! How about a bit of history on the machine?

Machine history or Restore history?

Arcade King
26th January 2010, 09:18 PM
well now you mention it... both :D

shansta
26th January 2010, 09:19 PM
Mate I didn't even bother clicking the thumbnails! (It's shiny enough to see it anyway)

Nice - damn nice! :cool:

Foot
26th January 2010, 09:57 PM
Great job, looks like a lot of time and effort went into it

millsy56
26th January 2010, 10:34 PM
well now you mention it... both :D

Just a quick history of the Bazaar.
Bazaar was the last machine to use zipper flippers. I love playing this machine as it is very fast for a 60' EM - Probably because 50v coils were used.
Bought machine about a year ago off ebay & drove to Newcastle to pickup from Slevbro. Repaired all mechanical faults, Repaired and repainted cab and backbox (Used a paint roller) Repainted Coin door and replaced all light sockets, bulbs & pop bumpers, Apron was redone with waterslide decals,the original apron cards were redone using photoshop, managed to get a excellant playfield later in the year (Thanks Stu)
This was my first resto, the second being a Jumping Jack which I have recently sold.
I am presently restoring a 63 Gottlieb Sweet Hearts.

More picts

dezbaz
26th January 2010, 10:50 PM
Excellent effort
Love it!

Fair Dinkum Dan
26th January 2010, 11:47 PM
Absolutely first class job there millsy. :023: Looks like new. Sits nicely next to Jumping Jack. Thanks for posting those pictures too.

I look forward to seeing the photos when you do your magic on Sweet Hearts next.

Cheers,

Dan

slevbro
26th January 2010, 11:51 PM
That came up very nicely.
Well Done

chris

Fish Tales
27th January 2010, 06:34 AM
Love the art on these older EMs, and a sweet resto :cool:

stuba
27th January 2010, 11:09 AM
Cheers Kev!

You do great work and you should be very proud of it. I plan on playing it this year if I can make it down to Tony's meet. Hope to see what you do with that sweet hearts as well. Its really great to see the EM resto section starting to fill up with some of the great work that local collectors put into these old beauties :)

illawarra_steelers
27th January 2010, 11:40 AM
Have had the pleasure of playing this game - she looks better than the photos show and plays like a new game :)

Also nice to see you back on AA Kev :) :)

gordo
20th February 2010, 06:45 PM
Looks great. How did you get the playfield to shine so much?

A credit to you.

Gordo...........

Dice275o
24th February 2010, 11:42 AM
I must admit when I saw the first post I though "wow, that's really nice". Then I saw the before shots and I said "HOLY SHEEP BALLS, it started like THAT!!" :o

Looks like a massive job but well worth it. I really admire your hard work. Well done.

What's the easiest way to repaint the artwork?

jyebow
24th February 2010, 09:51 PM
Wow Kev, What a resto !!
Well done & it's great to see these EM's getting saved.
Awesome job.
cheers Steve.

millsy56
24th February 2010, 09:54 PM
Depending on your budget,probably the quickest and easiest way is Stencils and spraying.
As I was on a tight budget, I traced all art and applied using waterbased enamel applied by a roller. This was my first machine i had done, then i did a Jumping Jack which I think turned out even better. The hardest part is if the artwork has a lot of curves, straight line art is a lot easier and less time consuming. I am presently doing my sweethearts which is mostly straight art.