PDA

View Full Version : Installing new Jamma wiring harness

Roxbury
16th December 2005, 09:55 PM
Hi Everybody,

I bought new buttons, joysticks and a Jamma wiring harness from Ozstick to replace the old stuff I already have in one of my cabs. This is the first time for me installing a new wiring harness. I can probably figure it out, but does anybody have any handy hints to help make the installation of the wiring harness go smoothly?

Cheers, Damian

Berty
16th December 2005, 10:21 PM
Take photos of it before you rip the wiring out, paying close attention to how the RGB wire is connected to the chasis.

OzStick
17th December 2005, 01:57 PM
Hi Damian,

I agree with Berty - a picture will save you heaps of hassles if you aren't 100% certain as to where everything goes.

The RGB wires are on their own 5 pin plug with a key way in it, but make sure it is the same as what is already connected to the monitor's chassis. The last thing you want is to screw that up!

Cheers,
Chris

dezbaz
3rd November 2007, 01:23 AM
Hi there, The first time I renewed the harness I only replaced the jamma socket, and cut and spliced each wire 1 at a time. I staggered the joiners so it didnt get bulky. I relaced the switches the same way. It was a major job, so many wires, and I suggest you raise the cab up to avoid a very sore back, as you will be there for a while. I you must replace the whole harness coz of cracked insulation etc, I suggest following a diagram, like the one here
http://www.jammaboards.com/images/JAMMA_Functional_Connections.gif
Good Luck! :-)
Dezbaz