PDA

View Full Version : MGL - T9 Game 12: Liquid Kids

DKong
12th October 2009, 08:25 PM
The Final Game, funny thing is before I hit the random generator I went and had a piss getting reading for the next game and praying to the MGL gods for one I like and so after pissing lots of liquid and generating a few bubbles we get this:lol I have never played the game before, but hear it is good.

Game 12: Liquid Kids (US)
Rom: liquidk

Randomly selected from the MGL 9 game list, game 57 on the list (http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=25399&page=4)

http://www.klov.com/images/11/1181242126246.png

http://www.klov.com/images/11/1181242126249.png

No Current Hi-Score

Manufacturer: Taito
Year: 1990
Class: Wide Release
Genre: Platform
Type: Videogame
Monitor:

Orientation: Horizontal
Type: Raster: Standard Resolution
CRT: Color
Conversion Class: JAMMA
Number of Simultaneous Players: 1
Maximum number of Players: 2
Gameplay: Alternating
Control Panel Layout: Single Player
Controls:
Joystick: 8-way
Buttons: 2 [Fire|Jump]
Sound: Amplified Mono (one channel)

Liquid Kids Description

Hipopo the Hippo must throw his magical water globes at enemies to freeze and damage them. He can then kick these immobilized enemies to destroy them.

Game Introduction

Hipopo waddles through many cute levels in search of his girlfriend. He rescues other captured hippo-like animals on the way. He throws globes full of water that gushes when it hits a wall or creature. The water attack is exactly like Taito's Bubble Bobble water attack. The game is a 4-way scroller with very large levels and lots of surprises. Many of the levels have moving platforms, collapsing floors and other obstacles.

(http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=8433)

Games are picked through a random generator from the list compiled in the MGL 9 thread. To have your games included in the pick you need to submit a score. You can add to this list at any time.
Remember to make your score valid you need to post your score in the subject line and don't forget your screen shot, any troubles let me know.
Mid week bonus of 10 MGL points are awarded to the highest submitted score as at Midnight Wednesday. The highest submitted score at the end of the MGL week will receive 100 MGL points.
Your scores need to be in by next Monday 18th of October BY 8PM (NSW daylight savings time).
DKong

Jed
13th October 2009, 04:50 PM
This game should be called 'BubbleBoy' as it looks and plays like a combination of Wonderboy and Bubble Bobble.. at first I thought it was quite naff but after a few games I'm liking it, happy to see a platformer come up anyways :)

Edit: Score update

wingtipvortex
13th October 2009, 07:25 PM
Nice pup:D

Rev
14th October 2009, 06:30 PM
So far... This game doesn't seem too hard once you learn where stuff is. I wouldn't be surprised if someone gets a long way into this one. Cheers!

EDIT: Score 61,070 -> 78,710

kane
14th October 2009, 07:28 PM
More points to come if I can just get past that damned 3-2 boss!!

lexmark
14th October 2009, 08:49 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if someone gets a long way into this one.

Are you recording this in 106 mate ...the TG wr is only 126k ..although the MARP hs is 1.2 mill.

john

fringert
14th October 2009, 10:45 PM
Kane, (got me by that much) quote get smart:lol.....for the young ones!

first, hi score by point pressing hey kane;)

second one concentrating on how far I could get

kane
15th October 2009, 05:00 AM
Kane, (got me by that much) quote get smart:lol.....for the young ones!

Cool, our screen shots are almost in an identical position too.

DKong
15th October 2009, 08:18 AM
Midweek points to kane!

DKong
15th October 2009, 09:33 PM
This game should be called 'BubbleBoy' as it looks and plays like a combination of Wonderboy and Bubble Bobble.. at first I thought it was quite naff but after a few games I'm liking it, happy to see a platformer come up anyways :)

Edit: uploaded my pooch by mistake :laugh: but she's such a goooood girl, stay..

PS really enjoying this game who nommed it ? It has all the hallmarks of a good platformer, I'm always trying to get further (but not succeeding past 2-2 at the moment)

Ha! I think it should be called BubbleWonderBro's,:p I feel a a bit of a snow bros influence in there as well

Rev
15th October 2009, 10:56 PM
Are you recording this in 106 mate ...the TG wr is only 126k ..although the MARP hs is 1.2 mill.

john

I use Wolf 106 habitually :) .... I'll probably make it to 126K but still come second last in this weekly comp :lol

Say, I came across a secret door in the water level that took me to a Bubble Bobble like screen. Don't know if it was a random thing or not. I suspect there's a few hidden bonuses in this game

DKong
15th October 2009, 11:57 PM
I use Wolf 106 habitually :) .... I'll probably make it to 126K but still come second last in this weekly comp :lol

Say, I came across a secret door in the water level that took me to a Bubble Bobble like screen. Don't know if it was a random thing or not. I suspect there's a few hidden bonuses in this game

There is always MGL 10, hopefully we can sort out some more rules, refine the system so its fairer on the players and not the spectators/nominators of games, after all it is the players that make the game.
MGL 10 will be bigger than Sydney 2000:D

I found a couple of those secret door as well, the game is pretty good

MamePatrol
16th October 2009, 01:10 PM
http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx238/mamepatrol/High%20Scores/0003-3.png

Top game, but seems to get really hard really quick. The first and second worlds are a breeze and then boom...!!!!! Spikes evrywhere.........!!!!!

SectionZ
16th October 2009, 07:00 PM
This ones not too bad, I think the slow pace lets it down a little.

I found this huge FAQ (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/turbo16/file/589019/8698) as it's the final game, thought I'd share :D

Foot
17th October 2009, 10:33 PM
Score: 60960

Not a bad game at all :D

wingtipvortex
19th October 2009, 01:33 PM
Games good, im just not:lol

fringert
19th October 2009, 06:36 PM
When I first played this last Monday,I thought this looks :gay: but after a while it grows on you. Its easy to start with then progressively gets harder the bosses first time around kick arse but once worked out ,lots of secret rooms etc. Really enjoyed playing this the most of all the games I reckon.

kane
19th October 2009, 07:13 PM
When I first played this last Monday,I thought this looks :gay: but after a while it grows on you.

Yeah, I know what you mean. A difficult game on later levels, but not as frustrating as some others we've played.

Jed
19th October 2009, 08:16 PM
Well done everyone, can't believe how high the scores went on this game. I've been on the road since last Friday on a ride to watch the MotoGP. they breed bloody big wombats down here in Victoria, glad I narrowly missed the big meaty bugger, must be all the games improving my hand/eye hehe..

No cabinet action for me lately. Tried this game on my roadie netbook while away, but just doesn't feel right without sitting on a stool in front of the cab! But I did have some fun playing 'Hang On' :laugh:

Thanks Dkong for running this comp, and well done to Fringert on taking it out easily, I think we may need to handicap him for the next tourney ? ;)

When's MGL 10 kickoff ? :D

fringert
19th October 2009, 08:19 PM
nothing to see!

wingtipvortex
19th October 2009, 08:26 PM
:lol:lol What the funk did i miss....very funny though....

DKong
19th October 2009, 08:37 PM
Well done everyone, can't believe how high the scores went on this game. I've been on the road since last Friday on a ride to watch the MotoGP. they breed bloody big wombats down here in Victoria, glad I narrowly missed the big meaty bugger, must be all the games improving my hand/eye hehe..

No cabinet action for me lately. Tried this game on my roadie netbook while away, but just doesn't feel right without sitting on a stool in front of the cab! But I did have some fun playing 'Hang On' :laugh:

Thanks Dkong for running this comp, and well done to Fringert on taking it out easily, I think we may need to handicap him for the next tourney ? ;)

When's MGL 10 kickoff ? :D

No problem, next MGL, stayed tuned :)

DKong
19th October 2009, 08:38 PM
I could hardly believe it
When I heard the news today
I had to come and get it straight from you DK
They said you were leavin':o
Someone swept you heart away
NO MORE MGL OR WINGTIPVORTEX,JAMMASIZED,SECTIONZ,KANE,RAT,FOOT,MA ME PATROL,MIKIE,SAIRUK, OCDCSV,XXJARDINEXX,SHOCK & AWE,HORSETBOY69,ADAMC,BRUMAZ & REV
From the look upon your face I see it's true:huh:
So tell me all about it, tell me 'bout the plans you're makin'
Then tell me one thing more before YOU go:safeyet:

Tell me how are we supposed to live without MGL
Now that WE’VE been playin' you so long:024:
How ARE WE supposed to live without you
How ARE WE supposed to carry on
When all that WE'VE been livin' for is gone:090:

WE didn't come here for cryin':cry
Didn't come here to breakdown:088:
It's just a dream of OURS is coming to an end:073:
An how can WE blame you
When WE built OUR world around:sm1:
The hope that someday we'd ALL be so much more than friends:o
And I don't wanna know the price WE’RE gonna pay for dreaming:015:
When even now it's more than I can take

And WE don't wanna face the price WE'RE gonna pay for dreaming
Now that your dream has come true:034:
If you didn't work it out ,it's to the accompaniment of MR MICHAEL BOLTON
l

WTF :lol:lol:lol

MGL - T9
Game 12 Results

Game 12 and MGL 9 is officially over

Thanks to those who participated and submitted scores for MGL 9, good to see some new faces as well

Results for Game 12: Liquid Kids

fringert now holds the highscore for this game 268,270 (http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=13631)

1. fringert 268,270
100 points

2. kane 171,410
74 points (includes 10 pt midweek bonus)

3. SectionZ 105,930
46 points

4. MamePatrol 91,040
34 points

5. Rev 78,710
29 points

6. Jammasized 67,660
25 points

7. Foot 60,960
23 points

8. wingtipvortex 21,750
8 points

Leaderboard (http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?p=317848#post317848) as been updated.

Scoreboard (http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=13631) has been updated

wingtipvortex
19th October 2009, 08:48 PM
wingtipvortex is the name, ya slag:lol Gimmie my 8 points:laugh:

DKong
19th October 2009, 08:56 PM
wingtipvortex is the name, ya slag:lol Gimmie my 8 points:laugh:

Done , sorry.

fringert
19th October 2009, 09:14 PM
let the fireworks begin!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2xiWnTu1rM&NR=1
They should of had Leo"s wingman on stand by

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpmyw2ZDRfo&feature=PlayList&p=D033D3BE49534F4A&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=28

wingtipvortex
19th October 2009, 09:23 PM
Done , sorry.
Thanks mate, although, it wont dent the leaderboard too much:lol

DKong
19th October 2009, 09:23 PM
let the fireworks begin!
YouTube - Fireworks gone WRONG!!! part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2xiWnTu1rM&NR=1)
YouTube - The Paul Hogan Show - Leo Wanker Gets Towed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpmyw2ZDRfo&feature=PlayList&p=D033D3BE49534F4A&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=28)

Celebrating the win mate! I think that has been one of the biggest arse kickings in the MGL.
Will have to train up for MGL 10.

MGL 10 revenge of DKong :lol

wingtipvortex
19th October 2009, 09:27 PM
Celebrating the win mate! I think that has been one of the biggest arse kickings in the MGL.
Will have to train up for MGL 10.

MGL 10 revenge of DKong :lol
Was just thinking that.......it was an arse kiking win by Fringert.....well done and congrats man, or should i say, Rainman:lol

Seriously though, well done to Fringert on a mammoth effort!!

fringert
19th October 2009, 09:33 PM
Was just thinking that.......it was an arse kiking win by Fringert.....well done and congrats man, or should i say, Rainman:lol

Seriously though, well done to Fringert on a mammoth effort!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vMCTgGjTRA

Rev
19th October 2009, 09:44 PM
Thanks for running the comp DKong, and well done Fringert! :023:

Leo Wanker! Hahahaha, now there's a blast from the past :)

henrybulldog
19th October 2009, 10:27 PM
gg wp dkong can you ask arcade king about the sponsorship of the league i put forward to him is going? havent heard back from him in a while maybe you have an avenue to get through to him that i dont. cheers.

DKong
19th October 2009, 10:40 PM
gg wp dkong can you ask arcade king about the sponsorship of the league i put forward to him is going? havent heard back from him in a while maybe you have an avenue to get through to him that i dont. cheers.

Who's AK , that pinball guy :lol (Just kidding AK :p)

Haven't heard of any sponsorship for the league, only way I can contact him is like yourself PM's.
Maybe Foot know's something as he's a regular MGL'er :unsure

Can you PM me the proposal as I was going to get the trophies this week.

MamePatrol
20th October 2009, 02:51 PM
Well done DKong.

Top comp, can't wait for the next....

Cheers...

Rat
21st October 2009, 11:42 PM
Good job DKong......I had too much on to play the last couple, it's not because i lost interest. (MTB race season has started)

And I'm buying a new PC, researching and purchasing all the parts, gunna be a beast compared to my 4.5 year old current PC.

It should run galaxians a treat, i can't wait ;) (actually my PC struggles with Mr Driller and I enjoy that game)

As far as sponsorship goes, dunno if we get enough players or exposure to warrant much.

But a warchest type money pool donated by players (voluntary) to go towards trophy costs etc would be good. It should be shared around, I would kick it off with a crayfish :)

(Not sure about access and security etc but there must be a solution)

henrybulldog
22nd October 2009, 03:44 AM
rat my sponshorship is for the league but in effect it catches the eye of anyone that lurks/posts on the forum. the site will get a little from it, the players of the elagie will get a little from and maybe/hopefully ill get a little from it. win/win/possible win not a bad way to be.