PDA

View Full Version : So ****ING angry

Wotto
19th September 2006, 09:49 PM
:x **** :x ( massive bitch session follows ).
Anyone wanna buy my ****in pinball collection. **** I am so sick of these ****ers breaking down and being so ****ING difficult to fix !!!!:x :x :x

I have always been the first to admit that I am HOPELESS with them electronically but for ****s sake you'd think I could solder a ****in wire right !!!........wrong. I simply take of an old flipper coil assembly from my Black Knight and re-solder a new Williams assembly THE SAME ****IN WAY ( yes I followed the diode ) and it just blows fuse after fuse after fuse ( I now have no fuses left ) A SIMPLE ****IN job and I turn it into one useless broken pinball machine !! I have now tried so many ****in wiring combinations with the 4 wires that I forgot where I ****ing started. I had 2 x blokes from O'sea's email me pics of thier BK flipper assemblies and between the 3 of us they are ALL bloody different. Even if I could follow ****in schematics how the **** could anyone follow that shit !:x

So I go to play Paragon- NO ****IN flipper action there and the flipper relay on the board ( yay I know what it is but **** knows what it does ) just keeps buzzin away while the right flipper coil gets up to about a zillion degrees. And the little coil in the coin door just keeps on buzzin away to annoy the living **** out of me too !:x

So I turn on Flash - no ****in GI !!!! Oh the fuse aint blown ( thats the end of my electrical knowledge on that puppy ) but no ****in lights !!!:x

I have others that dont work too !!!:x

**** !:x

DialogPimp
19th September 2006, 09:57 PM
If you're really, really, really stuck with it I'll try to come down and sort it out (remember me - that's my old BK you've got there).

DKong
19th September 2006, 09:59 PM
I know how you feel (thought) had all my pins working right so started doing up another one ( Firepower ). Since starting it

Left GI has gone on Terminator

3 rd player score on Tomcat completly gone and other scores losing lines randomly

GI on Carnival keeps going on and off (just a conector) but Extra ball dosen't work on rollovers but does on score.

Probally not as bad problems as yours as they are all still playable

Once you get them all fixed you will be in bliss again..
Good Luck
BTW how much for your collection:badgrin

The Pinny Parlour
19th September 2006, 10:00 PM
Rrrrrrr matey. I mi-self have a silverball. Was shot off it was when I be a wee laddy. Them doctors-folk puts a silverball in it's place rrrrrrrrrrrrr. (Pirate Day).

Serious though. Glad to see you venting. :D I'm sure someone can help, I can't as I have no knowledge on the suckers and I would most likely be venting n the same way you have if something like that went wrong with mine.

Ric
19th September 2006, 10:32 PM
Hey there Wotto

I feel your pain

Tomcat - after full flipper clean and partial rebuild (all four) turn game and gives me screech and ROM errors

god only knows what will go wrong when the EM's get setup

Ric

Darksoul
19th September 2006, 10:42 PM
Wotto, can you use a multi meter on the other flipper assemblies to nut out which is ground, which is power, eos etc?

humpalot
20th September 2006, 07:16 AM
What happens to the fuse if you don't have any coil in circuit (connected) and turn the machine on? If it still blows the fault is somewhere else, just a thought.

@lien_Zed
20th September 2006, 07:53 AM
This is where it is really handy if your profile is filled out so we know where you like so we can see if you local to us and call round and help out.

If your in townsville district i will help out, and im sure other locals like Jumpydoctor and Buzzbox would as well

WOKA
20th September 2006, 08:05 AM
This is where it is really handy if your profile is filled out so we know where you like so we can see if you local to us and call round and help out.

If your in townsville district i will help out, and im sure other locals like Jumpydoctor and Buzzbox would as well

West Dapto, Nsw, Australia.. it says so on the title thingy..

elvis
20th September 2006, 09:16 AM
Threads like these make me feel ever so slightly better about not having the balls (pardon the pun) to get myself a pinny.

Pop Bumper Pete
20th September 2006, 05:39 PM
Left lower flipper coil
Diode goes from left solder tag to the right one, does not connect to center tag
Grey wire goes to tag with the diode stripe, Dark Blue with light Grey stripe to other tag, this tag also has wire that goes to the EOS switch, the return from switch goes to center tag

right lower flipper coil
Diode goes from left solder tag to the right one, does not connect to center tag
Blue wire goes to tag with the diode stripe, Dark Blue with Purple stripe to other tag, this tag also has wire that goes to the EOS switch, the return from switch goes to center tag

Would you like Photo?
Pete

catty
20th September 2006, 05:58 PM
Man your going to go totally ****ing beserk when you have to sort that shit out I did to the spacies.:D

kramer
21st September 2006, 11:35 PM
sell me the BK ultra cheap :)
i'll make it work, even if i have to remove the playfield glass and hit the flippers with my fingers muhahah!

would love one of them !

i'm in the same sort of situation with my harlem globetrotters. flipper coil wasn't wired properly and now every time i turn the machine on now it blows the fuse ( for the solenoid driver board?).

sux but i'll work it out eventually.

Wotto
22nd September 2006, 07:05 AM
Left lower flipper coil
Grey wire goes to tag with the diode stripe, Dark Blue with light Grey stripe to other tag, this tag also has wire that goes to the EOS switch, the return from switch goes to center tag

right lower flipper coil
Blue wire goes to tag with the diode stripe, Dark Blue with Purple stripe to other tag, this tag also has wire that goes to the EOS switch, the return from switch goes to center tag

Would you like Photo?
Pete

PM Sent:D

Wotto
22nd September 2006, 07:47 AM
Man your going to go totally ****ing beserk when you have to sort that shit out I did to the spacies.:D

Yeah I know - somehow I will sort that - I have a mate who can help with that one but he is just SUPER busy - will sort it eventually.

Pop Bumper Pete
22nd September 2006, 01:54 PM
Re your PM
Just shoot the damn thing
get something more modern!

I suppose I could trace the wires back to the backbox, that might be of some help (sometime over the weekend)