PDA

View Full Version : MGL - T9 Game 6: Juno First

DKong
31st August 2009, 08:32 PM
Game 6: Juno First
Rom: junofrst

Randomly selected from the MGL 9 game list, game 51 on the list (http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=25399)

http://www.klov.com/images/11/1181242123293.jpg

http://www.klov.com/images/11/1181242123296.png

Current HiScore held by RetroBorg 2,090,040

Manufacturer: Konami
Year: 1983
Class: Wide Release
Genre: Shooter
Type: Videogame
Monitor:

Orientation: Vertical
Type: Raster: Standard Resolution
CRT: Color
Conversion Class: Konami Classic
Number of Simultaneous Players: 1
Maximum number of Players: 2
Gameplay: Alternating
Control Panel Layout: Single Player
Controls:
Joystick: 8-way
Buttons: 2 [Fire|Warp]
Sound: Amplified Mono (one channel)

Juno First Description

A vertical-scrolling shoot-em-up. Pilot a space fighter through waves of aliens, using warps and the "mystery" to escape danger and gain extra points. Aliens mutate into more dangerous forms the longer they survive.

(http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=8261)

Games are picked through a random generator from the list compiled in the MGL 9 thread. To have your games included in the pick you need to submit a score. You can add to this list at any time.
Remember to make your score valid you need to post your score in the subject line and don't forget your screen shot, any troubles let me know.
Mid week bonus of 10 MGL points are awarded to the highest submitted score as at Midnight Wednesday. The highest submitted score at the end of the MGL week will receive 100 MGL points.
Your scores need to be in by next Monday 7th of September BY 8PM (NSW daylight savings time).
DKong

shabu
31st August 2009, 10:31 PM
Excellent... might be time to join the tourn. ;)

SectionZ
1st September 2009, 09:16 PM
Started getting into this last time it came up, cool game.

Edit: cracked the 1mil wave 47 :) first screenshot displays 990k.

kane
1st September 2009, 09:35 PM
These 48 in 1 games are too well practised by everyone, I have the feeling we'll need a few million to win this one...

wingtipvortex
2nd September 2009, 08:13 PM
These 48 in 1 games are too well practised by everyone,
Well, not everyone:laugh:
No Walter Day needed here:redface

DKong
2nd September 2009, 10:29 PM
Started getting into this last time it came up, cool game.

You are in the Zone ;) nice score, looks like midweek points to you.
Was just having a few games, after 6 turkey cans and two home brews and couldn't crack 200,000, still on the buzz on my Pinbot :p, but did klck the mamemachine in disgust , when I got hit form behind from those heat seeking missiles.
Looks like I need to focus, no easy ride here, now Pinbot is complete I can focus on the MGL games :p
This is the Defender of Shumps, great game, now to dedicate some sober time to it.

BTW sorry again Fringert for doubting your scores, come back and be a man, you still have a place here;)

fringert
2nd September 2009, 11:06 PM
Dare I say it, I hadn't played this one in the arcades:lol for real this time! got stuck in the 80K's for a while, I think section Z is looking pretty safe:o

Thats the best I could do! Congrats SZ & DK on getting over a million

wingtipvortex
2nd September 2009, 11:23 PM
Dare I say it, I hadn't played this one in the arcades:lol for real this time! got stuck in the 80K's for a while, I think section Z is looking pretty safe:o
Ill have to call bullshit on that score Fringert!!!!:lol
Sorry, i might be pushing the friendship on that call:laugh: Jokes peoples, jokes!!

DKong
2nd September 2009, 11:48 PM

Mate you are welcome anytime at my place, for a bash on the mame and a few beers ;)

Jed
3rd September 2009, 09:15 AM
Aww, can you feel the love in the room, just don't take another one of their high scores OK Fringert :lol just kidding :laugh:

Another Juno First n00b here but enjoying it, seems to be all about the spaceman/timing to get the big runs of scoring..

Edit: Score update, really getting into this game now, fun shooter!

DKong
3rd September 2009, 09:28 AM
Midweek points go to SectionZ, Well done great score, I will be chasing that:)

SectionZ
3rd September 2009, 09:47 AM
Midweek points go to SectionZ, Well done great score, I will be chasing that:)

Cheers mate, I almost doubled my hi from the last time we played.
Happy with that, 1mil+ would be nice though :cool:

fringert
3rd September 2009, 12:45 PM
Well, not everyone:laugh:
No Walter Day needed here:redface

just shoot that circle thingy and collect whatever the hell that thing is and everything you shoot after that for say the next 10 seconds gets multiplied. :D

wingtipvortex
3rd September 2009, 12:47 PM
just shoot that circle thingy and collect whatever the hell that thing is and everything you shoot after that for say the next 10 seconds gets multiplied. :D
I was avoiding it:redface Ill try again.:lol

fringert
3rd September 2009, 12:51 PM
:lol:lol Hey it took several games to get anywhere near 100K Its a tough son of a ......! Watch out for the buggers coming from bottom of screen & crossfiring @*%"s

MamePatrol
4th September 2009, 08:11 PM
Man, you guys have gifts.....

I can't crack 40k

PLEASE.................
Next game a platformer....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jed
4th September 2009, 09:54 PM
Man, you guys have gifts.....

I can't crack 40k

PLEASE.................
Next game a platformer....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We just played the king of platformers last game?

With juno there's not much to it really, watch the timer, the planet comes in at 80sec, shoot it grab spaceman then run amok. If you miss planet it will come in again around 60 if i recall right. You can pickup pretty fat bonuses like 50k at least by timing your run and setting up the wave so you make your run just as the planet is coming in.

I actually really want to see 10 yard fight come up, ready, cisco! :)

Foot
4th September 2009, 10:04 PM
Noooooooooo! not ten yard fight, arrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

MamePatrol
5th September 2009, 12:08 PM
I'm getting there, but i think i will run out of time on this one.......

http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx238/mamepatrol/High%20Scores/Juno1.jpg

10 yard fight would be good, wonderboy would be better........... :)

Foot
6th September 2009, 04:17 PM
Score: 103260

On the keyboard, beat that :lol

horseyboy69
6th September 2009, 10:33 PM
I had 2 games of this one. 18000 and 55050. I think if I had more time I could get into this but my new TOM has been taking up my spare time this week. Anyway if I have to post a photo to prove it let me know. I didn't think I would have to if it was so pathetic. :laugh:

ocdcsv
6th September 2009, 11:19 PM
Been a while since playing this.

Some tricks.
Spacemen are really needed for high scores.

The left hand and right hand side of the screen sometimes are safety zones.
Hyperspacing(warp) helps loose those missiles.

I tend to hang back until the planet appears and then strike forward.

sairuk
6th September 2009, 11:20 PM
had a bit of a freak game after shagging the start, should've been alot more but i missed the ball thingo more times than not.

may get a few games before 8 tomorrow, see how it goes.

update: had a couple, cracked 200k so i'm happy, not played this before this week, warped at 80sec on round 12 .....stupid :lol

DKong
7th September 2009, 08:26 AM
I had 2 games of this one. 18000 and 55050. I think if I had more time I could get into this but my new TOM has been taking up my spare time this week. Anyway if I have to post a photo to prove it let me know. I didn't think I would have to if it was so pathetic. :laugh:

Yes to make your score valid you need to post a screenshot/photo:)

BTW Nice score SectionZ, 1,261,060!!!!

DKong
7th September 2009, 10:30 AM
Had the million jitters and lost a few men :laugh:
Happy to crack the million again:)

Edit : Went and had another game nearly lasted for one hour, just wanted that double million!! :), Fell short in a sweating mess :lol I need to get fitter for these marathon games :lol

horseyboy69
7th September 2009, 06:03 PM
Yes to make your score valid you need to post a screenshot/photo:)

BTW Nice score SectionZ, 1,261,060!!!!

Sorry mate, just being lazy. Here it is. :redface

SectionZ
7th September 2009, 07:34 PM

Edit : Went and had another game nearly lasted for one hour, just wanted that double million!! :), Fell short in a sweating mess :lol I need to get fitter for these marathon games :lol

Yeah I thought my arm was gunna fall off by the end of my 1mil game.

You can get a rest by waiting till there's one alien left and then keeping him at the top, be careful if it mutates though!

Great score, well done :)

Rat
7th September 2009, 07:53 PM
Bugger, stuffed up my time management and didn't leave time to have a proper go :(

Got 900k in MGL-7

Should have cracked the 1Mill this time, but this feeble effort is all I can post with seconds to spare. Only got to play 2 games, didn't even warm up. Grrrr.

DKong
7th September 2009, 08:25 PM
MGL - T9
Game 6 Results

Game 6 is officially over

Thanks to those who participated and submitted scores

Results for Game 6: Juno First

1. DKong 1,773,490
100 points

2. SectionZ 1,261,060
81 points includes 10 point midweek bonus

3. fringert 426,370
24 points

4. Jammasized 390,210
22 points

5. Rat 268,350
15 points

6. sairuk 248,920
14 points

7. ocdcsv 196,400
12 points

8. kane 178,190
10 points

9. Foot 103,260
6 points

10. MamePatrol 86,360
5 points

11. horseyboy69 55,050
3 points

12. Wingtipvortex 13,500
1 point!

Leaderboard (http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?p=317848#post317848) as been updated.

Scoreboard (http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=13631) has been updated[/QUOTE]

Jed
7th September 2009, 08:54 PM

outrageous score dkong, huge effort :cool:

sairuk
7th September 2009, 09:04 PM
DKong, i'm mentioned twice in the results post

DKong
7th September 2009, 09:07 PM
outrageous score dkong, huge effort :cool:

Hadn't given it much of a go this time around until this morning and thought I would try an early morning game instead of bleary eyed late night attempt.
And now Pinbot is finished I can concentrate on the some good vids :)
Much better :) Had the Million on the second game, back in the zone :)
Then this evening after dinner the GF was playing Rockband Beatles, and she said I was putting her off and told me to go and play my MAME games. Woo hoo
Had everyone in the house settled, and went for it, not one interruption , nearly lost everything around 1,300,000 and thought to myself if you want to get this score again you will have to play for this long again.
Second wind kicked in, was sweating like a pig, barely enough time to wipe the sweat of my face between waves. Built the extra men back up, and thought 2,000,000 here I come, basically just got fatigued with the game and thats when you die :o
Pissed off now as an extra man will come every second wave if you moon them enough:p
Was thinking Retroborgs highscore of just over 2,000,000, ah well maybe next time.

DKong, i'm mentioned twice in the results post

Whoops, carried a bit of last week scores over, thanks.

Fixed now

Jed
7th September 2009, 11:44 PM
Then this evening after dinner the GF was playing Rockband Beatles, and she said I was putting her off and told me to go and play my MAME games. Woo hoo

We have a Wii and my girlfriend really wants Rock Band Beatles, what's it like ? She knows a large chunk of the Beatles catalogue, pity she can't really sing so great tho :laugh:

I've been spending too much time playing Wii Sports Resort lately - kinda addicted to the table tennis.

DKong
8th September 2009, 12:06 AM
We have a Wii and my girlfriend really wants Rock Band Beatles, what's it like ? She knows a large chunk of the Beatles catalogue, pity she can't really sing so great tho :laugh:

I've been spending too much time playing Wii Sports Resort lately - kinda addicted to the table tennis.
:lol

We have only just discovered the fun of Guitar Hero/RockBand, Rockband Beatles is well trippy, great animations going off in the background , a bit too much sometimes :laugh:

Good fun !!

I love the Beatles Rockband , but I am only a newb to these music games, but already getting 90% on medium , damn fingers are getting sore, if you like the other rockband games and guitar hero and shge loves the beatles, you are set, heaps of time for Defender ;)

Jed
8th September 2009, 11:23 AM
I love the Beatles Rockband , but I am only a newb to these music games, but already getting 90% on medium , damn fingers are getting sore, if you like the other rockband games and guitar hero and shge loves the beatles, you are set, heaps of time for Defender ;)

Cool! I've never played any guitar hero type games, I play guitar for real so these games I've never seen much value in. But! A couple weeks back I had a crack of a Rock Band game in a DSE and thought Hey yeah! I can see this could be fun :) Rock Band AC/DC - I'd choose that over the Beatles though, for sheer guitar-heroics you can't go past Angus :D

Gonna get me on that highway to hell :laugh: