PDA

View Full Version : MGL - T9 Game 5: Donkey Kong (US Set 1)

DKong
24th August 2009, 07:57 PM
Game 5: Donkey Kong
Rom: US Set 1 (dkong)

Randomly selected from the MGL 9 game list (http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=25399)

http://www.klov.com/images/11/1181242103207.jpg

http://www.klov.com/images/11/1181242103213.png

Current HiScore held by wingtipvortex 262,700

Manufacturer: Nintendo
Year: 1981
Class: Wide Release
Genre: Platform
Type: Videogame
Monitor:

Orientation: Vertical
Type: Raster: Standard Resolution
CRT: Color
Conversion Class: Nintendo Classic
Number of Simultaneous Players: 1
Maximum number of Players: 2
Gameplay: Alternating
Control Panel Layout: Single Player
Controls:
Joystick: 4-way (up, down, left, right)
Buttons: 1
Sound: Unamplified Mono (requires one-channel amp)

Donkey Kong Description

Jumpman -- known today as Mario -- must traverse levels (structures) to save his girlfriend, Pauline, from Donkey Kong before time runs out. The levels include Girders, Rivets, Elevators, and Conveyor Belts. Mario must avoid flames, barrels, and bouncing rivets to reach his goal.

(http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=7610l)

Games are picked through a random generator from the list compiled in the MGL 9 thread. To have your games included in the pick you need to submit a score. You can add to this list at any time.
Remember to make your score valid you need to post your score in the subject line and don't forget your screen shot, any troubles let me know.
Mid week bonus of 10 MGL points are awarded to the highest submitted score as at Midnight Wednesday. The highest submitted score at the end of the MGL week will receive 100 MGL points.
Your scores need to be in by next Monday 31st of August BY 8PM (NSW daylight savings time).
DKong

shabu
24th August 2009, 08:29 PM
Epic game.

When the dust settles - who'll be Aussie Arcade's

http://www.personal.psu.edu/cjs5005/blogs/sterblog/billy.jpg

and

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2164/1579441642_bbad7e50fe.jpg?v=0

wingtipvortex
25th August 2009, 05:01 AM
Love this game....big arcade memories for me, even though it was Crazy Kong i played in the 80's, it was still Donkey Kong!

fringert
25th August 2009, 08:48 AM
Love this game....big arcade memories for me, even though it was Crazy Kong i played in the 80's, it was still Donkey Kong!

Ditto!

Jed
25th August 2009, 09:01 AM
Ditto +2, it was Crazy Kong machines I also played, which has the more logical progression of levels. Were the US set machines ever even in Australia ? Perhaps it was a septic who nominated the US set ? :laugh:

fringert
25th August 2009, 09:11 PM
And there off!:redface my mistake us 1 it is!

kane
25th August 2009, 09:20 PM
My 3rd highest score ever, off to a good start. I had another good game going, was at 120k when the power went off from the storms here, BAH!

Also, fringert, you're using the wrong set, the US Set 1 only has 3 letter initial highscore entries, thats probably the japan set. The difficulty varies alot between sets for this game, so everyone make sure.

DKong
26th August 2009, 01:47 AM
Ditto +2, it was Crazy Kong machines I also played, which has the more logical progression of levels. Were the US set machines ever even in Australia ? Perhaps it was a septic who nominated the US set ? :laugh:

I only did the US Set 1, as it's the official King of Kong set, and Donkey Kong was nominated not Crazy Kong ( unless we do the Jap set I think which does the levels in order ), maybe when people nominate they can say the rom set to stop hysteria :p
I wouldn't mind doing the Crazy Kong but I don't think anyone nominated it, I love Crazy Kong
Seems again we had a lot of nominations from players who are not even participating, next time only nominated games from players who played at least 5 games in the last MGL will be included in the next MGL.
Will save this fury of game nominations from the outsiders :p

Then the outsiders can work there way in to nominate there games :p

Just a thought, anyone want to add or disagree feel free:)

And remember its all about fun

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2164/1579441642_bbad7e50fe.jpg?v=0

Jed
26th August 2009, 10:06 AM
Yeah Crazy was indeed nominated :p

I'm really enjoying playing the US set for a change though, it's way more of a challenge from the word go, and the weirdo level order is pretty interesting though sometimes I still have no idea what's coming next.. which is a good thing!

Much harder to get a decent score though and it's taken me quite a few goes to get this far, which isn't that far at all :redface

Massive high score on this one wingtip, oh my :cool:

EDIT: Score update, starting to Grok the US set a little more.

sairuk
26th August 2009, 12:31 PM
Donkey Kong, i'll attempt to get out of the bottom three this week. Don't like my chances though. I watch King of Kong for some inspiration last night, didnt help much :lol

I hit the Rivets level last night (yes second screen) I don't believe I've ever actually played that level before! I've now mamed my cab and set my MCAs to 4way, which as we can probably appreciate, is a much better way to play in this comp.

I've managed to improve from 800 to 18,000+ in 4 games so not all bad, Extremely fun game when the 8way isn't cutting out on you every other second.

wingtipvortex
26th August 2009, 05:22 PM
:)

fringert
26th August 2009, 07:51 PM
I've never played this before in any arcade! It's much harder than crazy kong and whats with the random levels? Very strange:blink:

Nearly half way! Fireballs on fourth level are getting hard to predict!

wingtipvortex
26th August 2009, 08:06 PM
Levels are as follows...

L1 1-4

L2 1-3-4

L3 1-2-3-4.

L4 1-2-1-3-4

L5 1-2-1-3-1-4

L6 through L21 all remain the same as L5

L22 1 (Kill screen).

Great score Fringert! You have now beaten my high:cool: Whats your strategy for the elevator levels from 4 onwards? Ive tried 3 or 4 different ways, but cant come up with an answer. Please tell:)

fringert
26th August 2009, 09:38 PM
Levels are as follows...

L1 1-4

L2 1-3-4

L3 1-2-3-4.

L4 1-2-1-3-4

L5 1-2-1-3-1-4

L6 through L21 all remain the same as L5

L22 1 (Kill screen).

Great score Fringert! You have now beaten my high:cool: Whats your strategy for the elevator levels from 4 onwards? Ive tried 3 or 4 different ways, but cant come up with an answer. Please tell:)

Its all in the video! Listen to Billy, "somebody wants to become an Aussie Arcade World Champion,what do they do? Forget it!You don't become a world champion, it's in your DNA!:lol:lol
YouTube - Billy Mitchell - MTV Interview - The King of Kong

wingtipvortex
26th August 2009, 10:23 PM
:lol Now give me the real answer:laugh:

fringert
26th August 2009, 11:14 PM
:lol Now give me the real answer:laugh:

Ok! I'll tell you at 8.01pm Monday:lol

DKong
27th August 2009, 10:09 AM
fringert takes out midweek points with a whopping 369, 500 :o
Nice score!

Rat
27th August 2009, 07:56 PM
Like everyone has said this is way harder than Crazy Kong, but I do prefer the US set, it feels real :)

I'm sure I have played the US set in the arcades in OZ in the day.

This is not my highest ever, I think I have got over 120k on US DK in the past.

Some great scores here :)

The trick to the bouncing girders is..................

On level 4 they come in groups of three or four then a slightly larger gap. They also drop in a different area of the screen. Watch and count.........then move.......but it's still difficult, I died there this time, but have made it in the past.

wingtipvortex
27th August 2009, 10:27 PM
Good advice Rat, i think ive found a sweet spot. When a spring hits a few mm to the right of the right ladder, thats when i go.
As you said though, it is hard, and its seems to be random sometimes(if youv'e lost a life or not).

Is anyone point pressing? or just trying to get through the level?

MamePatrol
28th August 2009, 04:30 PM
Man i blow at this game...

After many games i just cracked 10,000...... <_<

Mikie
28th August 2009, 11:12 PM
you're the man fingert, can't get to L04 , yet !

wingtipvortex
28th August 2009, 11:30 PM
you're the man fingert, can't get to L04 , yet !
See where you died there, you dont need to go down that road man, when in the middle section jump on the elevator and then jump on to the second girder down....almost straight away. That takes away 2 efforts of dodging the springs:cool:

DKong
28th August 2009, 11:48 PM
I've never played this before in any arcade! It's much harder than crazy kong and whats with the random levels? Very strange:blink:

Nearly half way! Fireballs on fourth level are getting hard to predict!

FFS you are now pulling off 350,000+ scores and you have never played it before this week, look OK the Galaga Hiscore I can deal with but consecutive weeks with massive Highscores on games you have never played before, come on, think you are ****ing up the MGL for everyone else.
Not calling cheat (close)_ but noone ever in the MGL has been that good on consecutive games, unless you are the RAINMAN of video games I feel we need some proof of your scores of another member here to validate it with sight.

Sorry man I just don't buy it, prove me otherwise

wingtipvortex
29th August 2009, 12:25 AM
FFS you are now pulling off 350,000+ scores and you have never played it before this week, look OK the Galaga Hiscore I can deal with but consecutive weeks with massive Highscores on games you have never played before, come on, think you are ****ing up the MGL for everyone else.
Not calling cheat (close)_ but noone ever in the MGL has been that good on consecutive games, unless you are the RAINMAN of video games I feel we need some proof of your scores of another member here to validate it with sight.

Sorry man I just don't buy it, prove me otherwise
To be fair to DK, i have been suspicious of this score and have had discussions with him about it. I have mentioned to DK that this score may not be plausible through conventional methods.

If you have indeed scored this through proper means Fringert, i will apologise now. But i have reason to belive this is not the case.

To obtain a score of 369,500 at level 10 would mean you are playing at the level of Weibie and Mitchel, hence, on every level that is possible you would be point pressing where applicable...... I personaly dont think that this can be achived after 1 day of Donkey Kongs(us set1) learning curve( seeing you stated you have never played this version before)

Steve and Billy have been playing for 20 years.

The only other solution i came up with was that you may have unlimited lives set for a period.

I set my rom set to "unlimited lives" to do a comparison to your score, to see how close it would be with your score and mine in the end. I lost 22 lives to reach level 10!
Your score---369,500
Mine---368,500

I have repeated this test 3 times and come within 5000 points of your score, this to me eliminates random factors.

I really hope i have made a major miscalculation with this, but, i dont belive i have. As DK says, maybe another form of varification is in order........

DKong
29th August 2009, 12:35 AM
And because of this the MGL will be on hold from now till this is clarified.
The current game will stand till the current dilemma is sorted so keep playing until we can verify this situation. This will make it fair for everyone and future games ;)

DKong
29th August 2009, 02:13 AM
And as I have no proof of these scores they will stand, sorry for being paranoid fringirt, you know in your heart and soul that you did it properly :)

Back on like Donkey Kong :D

Your regular MGL starts here .......................>>>>:030:

fringert
29th August 2009, 02:31 AM
YouTube - Donkey Kong Strategy vid by Richie Knucklez #3
YouTube - How To Beat The Third Elevator Stage On Donkey Kong
YouTube - Donkey Kong rivet level strategy video

DKong
29th August 2009, 02:52 AM
gives me a headache

need

YouTube - The Ramones - I wanna be sedated
:p

fringert
29th August 2009, 02:57 AM
gives me a headache

need

YouTube - The Ramones - I wanna be sedated (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMD7Ezp3gWc)
:p

you asked! hope this helps everyone,just not to much ok:lol

DKong
29th August 2009, 03:18 AM
you asked! hope this helps everyone,just not to much ok:lol

A couple of things.

1. How old are you

2. What is your passion in life

kane
29th August 2009, 08:26 AM
Regrding "YouTube - How To Beat The Third Elevator Stage On Donkey Kong".
Unfortunatley this vid leaves out one important factor, yes you do "go" when the spring lands on the rivet, but thats not all, if the following spring lands on the rivet aswell you will get hit.
You have to have one land on the rivet and the following one left of the rivet in order to make it. I also disagree with the previous statement that the springs come in groups of 3 or 4, I reckon they're constant on US Set 1.

What I do is wait for one to land on the rivet, then start running as soon that spring is over my head, when I get to the base of the ladder, I flick my eyes back to see where the next spring is landing, if it is on the rivet I run back to the starting point and repeat, if it is left of the rivet I climb up the ladder to victory! Keep in mind this all happens in less than a second.

Mikie
29th August 2009, 09:43 AM
See where you died there, you dont need to go down that road man, when in the middle section jump on the elevator and then jump on to the second girder down....almost straight away. That takes away 2 efforts of dodging the springs:cool:

ah! thanks wingtipvortex, i always wondered whether i could reach that but now i have, bit of a skill jump though a bit like manic miner :) Mikie , still haven't made it to level 04! , I'm going to have a look at fingert's youtube postings

Jed
29th August 2009, 09:50 AM
To be fair to DK, i have been suspicious of this score and have had discussions with him about it. I have mentioned to DK that this score may not be plausible through conventional methods.

If you have indeed scored this through proper means Fringert, i will apologise now. But i have reason to belive this is not the case.

To obtain a score of 369,500 at level 10 would mean you are playing at the level of Weibie and Mitchel, hence, on every level that is possible you would be point pressing where applicable...... I personaly dont think that this can be achived after 1 day of Donkey Kongs(us set1) learning curve( seeing you stated you have never played this version before)

Steve and Billy have been playing for 20 years.

The only other solution i came up with was that you may have unlimited lives set for a period.

I set my rom set to "unlimited lives" to do a comparison to your score, to see how close it would be with your score and mine in the end. I lost 22 lives to reach level 10!
Your score---369,500
Mine---368,500

I have repeated this test 3 times and come within 5000 points of your score, this to me eliminates random factors.

I really hope i have made a major miscalculation with this, but, i dont belive i have. As DK says, maybe another form of varification is in order........

Wingtip I completely agree with this analysis of the score.

Never played before and 350k+ simply is not possible. You cant do this on a game like DK. Fringert has not addressed the points anyone has raised about the score or people's concerns, except to post youtube videos. wtf ?

Even studying many howto's, startegy guides, videos, could not possibly help you to such a score in such a short time, having never played the game, really you have to have played hundreds and hundreds perhaps thousands of games of donkey kong to be getting to that level.

Not convinced. But happy to be proved wrong Fringert. As mentioned, don't think anyone bar a Twin Galaxies LEGEND could score 1.2 million on Galaga and follow it up with 369k on DK us set.

MamePatrol
29th August 2009, 10:02 AM
Hey, i've never really played this before and i got 41700............

Does this mean i'm still cool...? :D

http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx238/mamepatrol/High%20Scores/0003-1.png

Rat
29th August 2009, 10:22 AM
Verification is easy, mame can record the full game play, this file can then be zipped and emailed to a moderator. The game can then be scrutinised for cheating, and watch the initials put in after.

This is the way games are verified at MARP, and anyone can download and view the game play.

mamejay
29th August 2009, 10:56 AM
Definitely something wrong here. I watched a 1million+ game on DK last night from the MARP site. It is true that some insane points pressing would need to be done to get to 360+ thousand by level 10 and to have just started playing DK I find it hard to believe. Its possible but not probable

If anyone wants to see an insane DK game check this
http://replay.marpirc.net/r/dkong
Just a tip. Hit the F10 key to play it fast if you wanna see the kill screen.
Should be a rule that the woldmame is use and the game recorded and submitted. I agree with RAT. I have submitted a score to TG before like this. No question of the games authenticity.

fringert
29th August 2009, 12:06 PM
Quote: "I was shit stirring! Of course I've played this version I was surprised no one said anything about me not playing the game before! And yes point pressing is the answer which you would have found out at 8.01pm Monday.If that is considered not playing within the spirit of the game I'll pull out,let me know?"
I,ve obviously been playing for years! In particular galaga,donkey kong & pacman

wingtipvortex
29th August 2009, 12:56 PM
Re: WTF!
Quote:Originally Posted by wingtipvortex
Quote:Originally Posted by fringert

I can't believe you guys are serious! ****, cheating at video games. I have played this and galaga & many others games to the point of lunacy. I looked up some strategies years ago to push it a bit further than 200K here they are
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2YLu...eature=related
YouTube - How To Beat The Third Elevator Stage On Donkey Kong
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnc-P...eature=related
Level 2 gives me the most trouble as it seems very random but the others have patterns EG the 3rd level I would consider the easiest level of all, leave when the spring hits yellow,not rocket science!
Check out my scores in asteroids,bank panic
I play for fun,some games I can kick arse & some (a lot) kick mine. If you want to send Walter Day over,by all means or if you don't believe me I'll pull out. It's up to you

309,500 Do we need to send Walter to your place maybe

Fringert, if you would like an ini file, id be happy to provide one. My question is this, for someone who claimed to have never played this rom set before, and it is completely different from the Japan set and crazy kong, to achive such high scores so instantly?

In the same instant, you claim to have looked up "some stratigies" years ago. Stratigies to what? The game you have never played before? Unless you have a photographic memory( and you may do) this is not a game you can learn in one night. Progressing past level 4 elevators is not the issue here, i know what needs to happen. As i said, your score is equal to a point pressing game at the "top" level, or, multiple lives.

Regarding having a photographic memory, it would make little difference in this game, it is random in many different ways. As i said before, i really hope im wrong in saying this to you, as you seem to be a productive AA member. But it really just doesn't add up.
I hope we can resolve this Fringert.
Andy.

I was shit stirring! Of course I've played this version I was surprised no one said anything about me not playing the game before! And yes point pressing is the answer which you would have found out at 8.01pm Monday.If that is considered not playing within the spirit of the game I'll pull out,let me know?

I thought it better to post the whole conversation, for clarity reasons.
Ok, so youv'e played DK for years, fair enough. But what was with playing a Jap set first of all, cracking 100K(on an easier board), then asking why the levels are out of sequence? You would have know this, correct?

sairuk
29th August 2009, 01:24 PM
FUN

The spirit of..... there is no proper verification in place for this comp, there never has been apart from a screenshot. These rules were clear enough at the beginning of the comp; everyone asking for additional verification because fingert wiped his ass with our scores in an impossible amount of time will kill ..... the MGL

The options of using Wolfmame and proper score verification was discussed well before the first MGL. We've had 8 successful seasons since without (afaik) anyone having to defend their scores because it may seem suss. Seems to me, he's fulfilled all requirements as stated at the beginning of the season to have the score verified and accepted. There is no ruling on requiring additional verification.

It seems as stated in private discussion the text along with the score was tongue in cheek.

btw I'm rocking @ 20k, damn springs

fringert
29th August 2009, 01:28 PM
Re: WTF!
Quote:Originally Posted by wingtipvortex

I can't believe you guys are serious! ****, cheating at video games. I have played this and galaga & many others games to the point of lunacy. I looked up some strategies years ago to push it a bit further than 200K here they are
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2YLu...eature=related
YouTube - How To Beat The Third Elevator Stage On Donkey Kong (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aVQrBQvgJM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnc-P...eature=related
Level 2 gives me the most trouble as it seems very random but the others have patterns EG the 3rd level I would consider the easiest level of all, leave when the spring hits yellow,not rocket science!
Check out my scores in asteroids,bank panic
I play for fun,some games I can kick arse & some (a lot) kick mine. If you want to send Walter Day over,by all means or if you don't believe me I'll pull out. It's up to you

309,500 Do we need to send Walter to your place maybe

Fringert, if you would like an ini file, id be happy to provide one. My question is this, for someone who claimed to have never played this rom set before, and it is completely different from the Japan set and crazy kong, to achive such high scores so instantly?

In the same instant, you claim to have looked up "some stratigies" years ago. Stratigies to what? The game you have never played before? Unless you have a photographic memory( and you may do) this is not a game you can learn in one night. Progressing past level 4 elevators is not the issue here, i know what needs to happen. As i said, your score is equal to a point pressing game at the "top" level, or, multiple lives.

Regarding having a photographic memory, it would make little difference in this game, it is random in many different ways. As i said before, i really hope im wrong in saying this to you, as you seem to be a productive AA member. But it really just doesn't add up.
I hope we can resolve this Fringert.
Andy.

I was shit stirring! Of course I've played this version I was surprised no one said anything about me not playing the game before! And yes point pressing is the answer which you would have found out at 8.01pm Monday.If that is considered not playing within the spirit of the game I'll pull out,let me know?

I thought it better to post the whole conversation, for clarity reasons.
Ok, so youv'e played DK for years, fair enough. But what was with playing a Jap set first of all, cracking 100K(on an easier board), then asking why the levels are out of sequence? You would have know this, correct?

theatrics! You know,the whole billy mitchell has a plan.
YouTube - Todd Rogers in the King of Kong (2007)
I had any idea of how much attention this would grab. Just a bit of fun:) I thought it more interesting than hi I,ve played the arse of this thing!

Mikie
29th August 2009, 03:23 PM
I made it to level 04! horray ! jumping off the wall to grab the hammer saves a bit of time, still not keen on the elevator short cut

learnt a new phrase "points leeching" - lol - just don't have the patience for that

horseyboy69
29th August 2009, 04:20 PM
I'm not sure what you guys are on about but I certainly want to hand over the wooden spoon. Anyone want it? :D

Jed
30th August 2009, 10:04 AM
FUN

The spirit of..... there is no proper verification in place for this comp, there never has been apart from a screenshot. These rules were clear enough at the beginning of the comp; everyone asking for additional verification because fingert wiped his ass with our scores in an impossible amount of time will kill ..... the MGL

That's a bit dramatic. Yes it's all about FUN, but it's also a competition, and the nature of a competition is, it's competitive. It's probably a little bit more about just fun alone, for those that are less competitive in the score arena, I would speculate. And anyway, what's wrong with a bit of controversy once in a while to spice things up?

Seems to me that Fringert has come though - put forward the reason that all of this came about was the bullshit he threw around at the start - under the guise of 'theatrics' or whatever you want to call it, Fringert. It's a weird thing to do, but Take that BS how you will, I suppose.

It's great that a game as old and classic as this can inspire such stirring up of hornets nests still. Go Mario! :D

Foot
30th August 2009, 11:41 AM
Score: 70400

I tried all friggin morning to beat my score from last time and can't get close. I seem to get so far without dying and Bam, I'm gooone

The MGL is built on trust, so I assume that all scores are submitted are real and leave it at that.

We're not playing for sheep stations around here.

Mind you, anyone that has finished Wardner must be on Speed, and unfortunately the rules allow playing under the influence :D

sairuk
30th August 2009, 12:06 PM
That's a bit dramatic.

Of course, its in line with the rest of the thread :lol

cracked 30k, then my cab died ... wooo, seems the fuse holder on the powerline is shagged so its off too jaycar today.

Jed
30th August 2009, 04:19 PM
Level 4 Elevators be damned, what's the @$^&#$^% trick to the level 5 elevators ? I just made it to L5 without losing a friggin single mario, then lost $#@!^%#$@^%#@^@#$^@#% ALL my remaining men on the elevator level, up the top, waiting for a gap to climb to victory.

Stayed there the whole remaining bonus on one of the lives trying to figure out the pattern - you know close, far far, close, when to run, etc etc but I just can't see it.

Still, first time I cracked 100k on US Set so quite happy anyways :)

kane
30th August 2009, 05:07 PM
what's the @$^&#$^% trick to the level 5 elevators ?

L04 elevators and beyond are the same.

Jed
30th August 2009, 05:19 PM
What the... maybe I was imagining it then. For some reason they seemed way harder, or maybe I was just too excited by making L5 :)

prktkljokr
30th August 2009, 05:21 PM
This is my high score, I did it in Microsoft paint, took me all of 5 minutes
http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l461/prktkljokr/dkon0002.jpg http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l461/prktkljokr/dkon0003.jpg

My second high score was the easiest

ocdcsv
30th August 2009, 08:43 PM
Took most of the week to hone the skills again.

Bloody elevators got me good.
The inability to fall a short distance keeps screwing me over.

Fingers and eyes hurt so no more donkey kong....

Mikie
30th August 2009, 09:27 PM
well i can't do any better, noticed in elevator can just jump the higher ladder L03 , i think fingert will take it ! I was sooo close

also noticed i cannot reproduce the points leech next to kong on 4 - maybe that's a different rom set.

this was so much fun, will have to makeup a t-shift

SectionZ
30th August 2009, 10:14 PM
Got stuck at around 30k, finally got through to level 4.

kane
31st August 2009, 06:09 AM
also noticed i cannot reproduce the points leech next to kong on 4

It works in MAME, you just have to get your positioning and jump timing perfect which is quite hard.

sairuk
31st August 2009, 07:41 PM
doubt i'll be seeing anymore tonight

DKong
31st August 2009, 07:43 PM
Nearly forgot to post a score :redface, been so so caught up in getting Pinbot finished, look out this week :p

DKong
31st August 2009, 09:03 PM
Well done fringert again , you have the touch, certainly setting a new standard here ;) for winning this game with a score of 369,500 and a new high for the AA MGL

MGL - T9
Game 5 Results

Game 5 is officially over

Thanks to those who participated and submitted scores

Results for Game 5: Donkey (US set 1)

fringert now has the Highscore for this game with a score of 369,500

1. fringert 369,500
110 points includes midweek bonus

2. wingtipvortex 309,500
84 points

3. kane 135,200
37 points (

4. ocdcsv 125,000
34 points

5. Jammasized 110,300
30 points

6. Rat 92,700
25 points

7. Foot 70,400
19 points

8. DKong 68,700
18 points

9. SectionZ 62,100
17 points

10. Mikie 59,500
16 points

11. horseyboy69 43,100
12 points

12. MamePatrol 41,700
11 points

13. Sairuk 35,600
10 points

Leaderboard (http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?p=317848#post317848) as been updated.

Scoreboard (http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=13631) has been updated

DKong
31st August 2009, 09:54 PM
I will say this game of Donkey Kong had all the heat ;) Nothing like a bit of king of kong to hit the nerves :laugh:
The passion is alive :p
Anyway like I have said before if I have left a score out out, or miscalculated let me know.

Good to see the heart felt warmth on these classics ;)

Shock_And_Awe
4th September 2009, 08:24 PM
Ok I know I'm a bit late here but I've been getting back into arcade gaming the past couple of weeks after spending most of my spare time on my pinnies. This is a really cool game that surprisingly enough I have never really played much of. I can only remember seeing this game on location once before - I think it was just a couple of years before my time.

I've watched that King of Kong vid (really cool :) ) and want to give this game some time. My hs so far is only 49k or so on level 3 and I want to know how you can manipulate the barrels to fall down ladders. In the movie they say you can control the barrels to fall or something like that - it looks like you face the ladder and it will drop down it?? The spring stage is my favourite!
I'll be back when I crack 369k :D

As far as cheating in an MGL goes....I personally can't possibly imagine how or why someone would do it - how could anyone get any enjoyment or satisfaction if they were cheating?? With that in mind and the great bunch of blokes that play the MGL we've never had any issues during times that I've been around.

There was once on a classic shoot em up that someone posted a dodgy score but that was a while back now :rolleyes I know it happened :o

I'm thinking we should be getting together and try hitting some Twin Galaxies scores to see if us guys can get some world records. We spend this time competing against each other when maybe we could be bringing home some world records to AA.

If someone could help me out with those barrels it would be appreciated :D

SectionZ
6th September 2009, 05:01 PM
Another thread (http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=26545)recently posted a DK guide.

You can always play pins when it's not MGL :p

We must be due for a real platformer soon!

Shock_And_Awe
6th September 2009, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the link - I'll be doing some reading now.

I'm up to 125k now :D