PDA

View Full Version : My Bombjack restore

Davefjedi
13th September 2006, 11:06 AM
Well i have all but finished my bombjack restore in a 20 inch hankin coctail
when i got the cab it was a bit of a mess well I have probably spent to much $$ all up to get it in the condition it is in there is just 1 thing left to do that is put a strip of angle aliminum on the bottom of each side to stop the peeling of the overlay and protect it from future bumps a big thanks to Travis (Arcade King) for the fix of the background images on the pcb
1 tip i did pickup when i was restoreing was to spray the woodgrain sides with some canola cooking oil in the yellow spray cans leave it for 30 mins and rub with a clean dry soft cloth what a diffrence it was all faded and looked crap i had tryed vinal reviver with no luck so good tip there:D if your cabs are faded
Now its on to the pole position,Full resto/rewire to jamma on another Hankin fix my galaxian coctail mow the lawns clean the guttering bath the kids .......................................

bwodie
13th September 2006, 11:23 AM
looks really awesome man
very impressive

elvis
13th September 2006, 11:33 AM
bath the kids .......................................
Bah. They can wait. :lol

Crafty
13th September 2006, 11:59 AM
bath the kids .......................................

Man you will be lucky to get them away from the machine....

The Pinny Parlour
13th September 2006, 12:51 PM
Very nicely done. congrats :D

DKong
13th September 2006, 04:56 PM
Restored Hankin! Top Stuff! :)

@lien_Zed
14th September 2006, 09:37 PM
1 tip i did pickup when i was restoreing was to spray the woodgrain sides with some canola cooking oil in the yellow spray cans leave it for 30 mins and rub with a clean dry soft cloth what a diffrence it was all faded and looked crap i had tryed vinal reviver with no luck so good tip there:D if your cabs are faded

Does this also work with Laminated surfaces as well?:unsure

Davefjedi
14th September 2006, 10:32 PM
Does this also work with Laminated surfaces as well?:unsure
yeah its the laminated woodgrain stuff

@lien_Zed
15th September 2006, 07:51 AM
cool.i will try it one my low boy cabs i aquired.they are a bit dull looking.i estimate they are at least 10 years old and need shine up

Davefjedi
15th September 2006, 05:56 PM
cool.i will try it one my low boy cabs i aquired.they are a bit dull looking.i estimate they are at least 10 years old and need shine up
let me know what you think:p

listerofsmeg
20th September 2006, 08:22 AM
Very Nice.

A Good Looking Restore!