PDA

View Full Version : Marquee in WA

psychopsam
23rd August 2009, 01:47 AM
I want to get a marquee made for my lowboy. I live in Perth. The best quote I got so far was "on vinyl with a gloss laminate finish for $60" Snap wanted to charge $79. Is $60 a good price?

narf_
23rd August 2009, 01:57 AM
i get mine down 2 for $50

thats a better option for me :cool:. try member daics on here. Hes a perthie and knows a sign guy

spriggy
23rd August 2009, 08:40 AM
I want to get a marquee made for my lowboy. I live in Perth. The best quote I got so far was "on vinyl with a gloss laminate finish for $60" Snap wanted to charge $79. Is $60 a good price?

:o As usual .. a rip-off. As I've mentioned on AA numerous times .. I go to the US for my stuff unfortunately.. as I would prefer to help local business. I haven't found a printer in Perth, in a long time, that can give me better "$$ vs Quality" than Scott from Mamemarquees https://www.mamemarquees.com/ Tried and proven worldwide. I jsut did a test cart on the website using his 'Ultimate' material (which is $10us more then his Premium material)... and it works out delivered $67aus. The 'Ultimate' stuff kicks ass.

Sure ... there may be a signwriter in Perth than can do the same... but I haven't found them unfort.. not in the last 5 years anyway.

Shipping has doubled from the US for a lot of stuff since the finanicial crysis... so it was more viable 12 months ago. However, I'm still loyal because of the service and quality

Good luck

narf_
23rd August 2009, 08:45 AM
yeah i got a mate that works for a printing place

i get mine down thru him as over the years he has helped my toy collection grow :cool:

psychopsam
23rd August 2009, 09:37 AM
Cool thanks for the tips guys. I'm gonna try both. A mate of mine from work knows a guy that works here... http://tonedigital.com.au/. He's quoted $60.

The reason I'm gonna choose him is for an experiment. I'll get another marquee from the US store https://www.mamemarquees.com/ to compare the quality v location v money.

I think ToneDigital will be good perhaps provide a good place for sandgropers to buy signage in the future. I know the friend of a friend from ToneDigital also makes large "ralli-art" style decals for cars, so I"m thinking of later getting them to make side stickers for the cabinet.

I'll report back :)

narf_
23rd August 2009, 09:44 AM
np

im soon roadtesting control panel overlay material from my mate printed :cool:

daics3522
23rd August 2009, 10:28 AM
i get mine down 2 for $50
thats a better option for me :cool:. try member daics on here. Hes a perthie and knows a sign guy

These cost me around $20.00 each depending on size. These are for a standard lowboy and bigger ones can vary up to $25.00 each.............

Check them out here (http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=19617&highlight=marquees)

dezbaz
23rd August 2009, 01:08 PM
Still yet to find a definate sideart printer, may try one local and see also.

The printer who did my van only prints in 2 pieces, with a join - looks shit

Need one with a wide printer

narf_
23rd August 2009, 01:13 PM
from what my mate informed me off a while ago

I can not print white but I can print on clear in reverse and back it up in white. (my last workplace could print white but it is only usefull for printing onto glass)

Basically I run a 2.5 metre wide Seiko Colour Painter 100S solvent printer and a smaller 1.5 metre wide 64S printer.
AND a flatbed UV printer which prints direct to substrates.

side art :unsure

dezbaz
23rd August 2009, 01:28 PM
from what my mate informed me off a while ago

Basically I run a 2.5 metre wide Seiko Colour Painter 100S solvent printer and a smaller 1.5 metre wide 64S printer.
AND a flatbed UV printer which prints direct to substrates.

side art :unsure

Sideart can be printed onto white vinyl, so this may be OK???

narf_
23rd August 2009, 01:29 PM
ah ok

i guess we will find out if someone is a guinea pig

dezbaz
23rd August 2009, 01:30 PM
ah ok

i guess we will find out if someone is a guinea pig

OK, maybe I'll get the asteroids done, I have the files ready

narf_
23rd August 2009, 01:38 PM
let me know when ever you ready mate and ill pass his email across

he lives just up near the big girls college outside of perth city (go up barrack street)

dezbaz
23rd August 2009, 01:48 PM
let me know when ever you ready mate and ill pass his email across

he lives just up near the big girls college outside of perth city (go up barrack street)

OK no probs
Ready LOL!

narf_
23rd August 2009, 01:54 PM
sickstickers AT gmail.com

mention shannon mentioned about stickers and your set mate

dezbaz
23rd August 2009, 01:59 PM
sickstickers AT gmail.com

mention shannon mentioned about stickers and your set mate

Sick!
Thanks Mate

U remember his name Shannon?

narf_
23rd August 2009, 02:00 PM
np

we want piccies too :cool:

jade is his name mate. its cheaper if you get 2 done also which is easy fix since its side art lol

dezbaz
23rd August 2009, 02:05 PM
np

we want piccies too :cool:

jade is his name mate. its cheaper if you get 2 done also which is easy fix since its side art lol

Might get the marquee done too I think

I asked for a quote for left and right asteroids Sideart

AND Marquees for Battlezone and Asteroids too

Still need lunar lander LOL

narf_
23rd August 2009, 05:38 PM
good stuff

the sandex finish if he asks is the same finish as control panel overlay :cool:

spriggy
24th August 2009, 08:23 PM
I'll watch this space. Interested.

jabsy
31st August 2009, 09:30 AM
How are most of the marquee panels done?? Printed onto acrylic and then backlit???