PDA

View Full Version : xxxx-in-1 KE review

hbk_life
20th August 2009, 11:17 AM
hey guys

im looking at picking one of these up pretty soon and just wanted to get some advice/input from members regarding their experience with the board? im mainly getting it for street fighter and some other fighting games. I am wanting to put on nba jam and Mortal kombat as well, the guide was pretty intense for me on xxxx-in 1 website, but other wise looks really good.

thoughts?

hbk_life
21st August 2009, 01:00 AM
Also,

where is the best place to buy this from? jammaboards.com or should i try and advertise my expression of interest here on the boards and see if i can get it for a bit cheaper??

cheers

Davefjedi
21st August 2009, 07:18 AM
There are few commercial sellers on her that sell these boards check out the commercial section

con
21st August 2009, 11:15 AM
why bother with ke. :unsure
Just buy a standard games family and mod it.
There was a guide on this forum on how to add more games etc

hbk_life
22nd August 2009, 05:20 PM
yeah easier said than done sadly con, im such a noob at all this arcade stuff, unless someone wants to either create me a board with like my games list, about 50 games, i think i will just get the KE one and hope that it all works out and magically nba jam is on there.... a boy can dream

narf_
22nd August 2009, 05:24 PM
nba jam is cheap from the states atm :cool:

hbk_life
22nd August 2009, 05:27 PM
the jamma board??

i really dont wanna have to keep choppping and changing boards, to much time and effort spesh when drunk

narf_
22nd August 2009, 05:46 PM
yeah your looking at about 150ish landed

it is easy to mod up a family games as said. there is dedicated forums with plenty of how to info

hbk_life
22nd August 2009, 05:51 PM
yeah i had a look b4 and saw those on ebay but they very dodgy, saying that they either dont work or presumably are dead.

I know there is a dedicated forum and stuff on how to mod your chip, but would it be better/cheaper for me to try and find someone who can create me a board with the selected games I want on it? or try my luck with the xxxx-1??

narf_
22nd August 2009, 06:02 PM
end of the day just easier to buy a 1066 KE if that is what you want

problem with upgrading for people is covering your arse since when something dies generally your the one that gets kicked :(

hbk_life
22nd August 2009, 06:06 PM
yeah thats understandable, I just sometimes feel silly for forking out around 500-600 dollars for the board, when im only going to be playing at most 5-10% of the games on there:(:( thats why i was wondering if someone would be able to create me a board with the specific games on it for a cheaper price or not?

narf_
22nd August 2009, 06:10 PM
can always search for a second hand one