PDA

View Full Version : XXXX in one losing configuration randomly!

bboy_h
19th August 2009, 09:46 PM
Hi All,

I recently moved my cabinet from the shed to inside the house, and as such have been having a few issues with my system! The main issue is that I seem to keep losing my HDD configuration - but not of everything!

I have set up and saved some game configurations with button configurations and free play mode , and have also set the video configuration to "PAL". These settings are then saved via the XXXX in one manual procedure, and retains the settings for a little while. Eventually however, I switch my cabinet on only to be frustrated and realise my settings have been returned to standard! Whats even weirder is that my games list settings and games remain untouched!

I posted this on the XXXX in one forums, but thought I'd post it here for more exposure! It's bloody frustrating as you can imagine! Can anyone shed some ideas as to what might be going on? Any help appreciated!

AskJacob
19th August 2009, 11:06 PM
Hi All,

I recently moved my cabinet from the shed to inside the house, and as such have been having a few issues with my system! The main issue is that I seem to keep losing my HDD configuration - but not of everything!

I have set up and saved some game configurations with button configurations and free play mode , and have also set the video configuration to "PAL". These settings are then saved via the XXXX in one manual procedure, and retains the settings for a little while. Eventually however, I switch my cabinet on only to be frustrated and realise my settings have been returned to standard! Whats even weirder is that my games list settings and games remain untouched!

I posted this on the XXXX in one forums, but thought I'd post it here for more exposure! It's bloody frustrating as you can imagine! Can anyone shed some ideas as to what might be going on? Any help appreciated!

I'm just tyre kicking here - but is it flash based or HDD based?

Cheers
Jacob

bboy_h
20th August 2009, 07:13 AM
HDD based...

(rubs AskJacob's head and hope for interesting and insightful information...)

AskJacob
20th August 2009, 08:52 AM
Hmm the only thing I was going to put out there was if it was flash based then the flash (which is notoriously flakey in those xxx-in-1 units) could be on the way out.

HDD based - well, unfortunately I don't know where to start with that. Considering these are running on top of a chinese win-xp, perhaps it is some windows tomfoolery [like a system restore being triggered for some reason]. I'm not going to be any help though :(

Cheers
Jacob