PDA

View Full Version : lai 25 inch project cab resto

narf_
14th August 2009, 11:07 PM
atm currently not living at home with the wife so i needed something to keep me busy while i am away from home.

got this few weeks ago from gibo. The WA boys would remember it from the front door of the shed. Its all complete and came with a single slot neo. This was my neo cab plan till the day after when i got a 6 slotter :laugh:

it used to have a 25 inch monitor but the tube was dull as buggery. So quick cruise for hardwaste revealed a 21inch flatscreen vga crt.

decided to try a cga-vga adaptor and happy with the results. Monitor is nice and desbaz has kindly made me a bezel to suit the monitor

CP is bare atm to go to the powdercoaters. im thinking of forking out for a multiwilliams board for this cabinet in the future.

its a different shape than the most ive seen but quite fancy it

daics3522
14th August 2009, 11:09 PM
I remember loading that in your trailer a few weeks back narfunkle.....

narf_
14th August 2009, 11:10 PM
yeah mate

monitor was out and swapped same night. just had to get the brackets. there dodgy looking but cheap and effective

so far the cab only owes me $70 :cool:

chriscross
16th August 2009, 01:19 PM
That is one massive marquee area

Look forward to pics of the build, have a similar project but no motivation

narf_
16th August 2009, 01:21 PM
yeah it is

seems it was blackened bar around the fluro

im thinking to go hardcore and fill it up

narf_
19th August 2009, 07:41 PM
monitor bezels in

must find a dam camera as the work dez done was top notch :o

narf_
23rd August 2009, 06:59 PM
a bit of progress

CP is painted, coin mech uses the reject button to add credits :). bezel is in. now i just need to replace all the perspex and replace the sticks with some i got comming

ended up getting a 108 instead of my original idea. will cover most the 4 button games i want and cheap enough to fit the bill nicely. The marquee not sure on but im going to make it a big puppy to fill the whole area :o

you can see dez's surround im most happy. This machine will stick with the 21 inch it looks pretty good inside the cabinet IMO

dezbaz
23rd August 2009, 08:04 PM
Cool outcome Narf

Looks good

narf_
24th August 2009, 07:42 PM
yeah im really stoked with it mate

only problem is i got it in but now cant get it back out :laugh: so its definatly staying there

narf_
24th August 2009, 09:09 PM
wacked the old sticks back in and bang a micro dies on 1 button

dam you button :lol

dezbaz
24th August 2009, 09:20 PM
Gotta love them flat screens hey

I have a few left in storage

narf_
25th August 2009, 06:57 PM
yeah mate there nice

3 weeks to round 2 of hardwaste :cool:

narf_
28th August 2009, 01:13 PM
woot

blue elf came in from china in 1 day :o

machine is nearing completion :).

now time to swap out the neo single slotter

daics3522
28th August 2009, 02:02 PM
blue elf came in from china in 1 day :o

You ordered from China and didnt make an offer for us to add to it.......... :unsure:unsure

:068::068::068::070::070::067::067:

narf_
28th August 2009, 08:14 PM
sorry mate spurr of the moment

i ordered and payed same day. Current circumstances make it hard for a combined order via my place

daics3522
28th August 2009, 08:24 PM
sorry mate spurr of the moment

i ordered and payed same day. Current circumstances make it hard for a combined order via my place

Its alright mate, I have done it myself in the past as a spare of the moment order..

narf_
28th August 2009, 08:46 PM
np

must admit fark it was cheap :o

narf_
1st September 2009, 09:25 PM
well i put some firetop suzos in tonite

this might be my only cab atm so going hardcore on this one.

im going to be selling all my others atm. in between living at my parents,marriage seperation that looks like the path of divorce,my sister and her fella having issues,4wd off the road atm i need a break i reckon.

putting my marriage first atm.

i feel like im 10 again sleeping on a single bed with a empire strikes back doona cover :redface

spriggy
1st September 2009, 09:48 PM
well i put some firetop suzos in tonite

this might be my only cab atm so going hardcore on this one.

im going to be selling all my others atm. in between living at my parents,marriage seperation that looks like the path of divorce,my sister and her fella having issues,4wd off the road atm i need a break i reckon.

putting my marriage first atm.

i feel like im 10 again sleeping on a single bed with a empire strikes back doona cover :redface

All the best m8.

Let us know how the suzo firetops go. Never had or used a set.

narf_
2nd September 2009, 06:48 PM
cheers mate i needed a vent out :(

things have settled a bit but the w.e i just about went banannas on sunday

they feel ok different to MCA's since no restrictor plate

im going to road test on a few shumps and see how they go

narf_
1st October 2009, 08:15 PM
well this is hopefully off to a new home tommorow *fingers crossed*

it comes the next 2 cabs which 1 is my new coffee table for narf_cave :( the other is a restore project for the xmas sales :)

narf_
2nd October 2009, 08:49 PM
sold

guy also has a cab he wants me to repair and upgrade to a 48 and has asked do i have more since his mates will want one once he sees this one :)