PDA

View Full Version : Shipping pinball - legs on or legs off?

silverbak
9th September 2006, 10:49 AM
I'm shipping a pinball from Brisbane to Sydney. The company doing the transporting (who have experience with pinballs) feel the legs should stay on. I feel they should come off (although its a hassle for all involved)

Am I being over careful? I have always transported them myself with the legs off to avoid cabinet damage

jumpydoctor
9th September 2006, 12:55 PM
IMO legs off, balls out, headbox down, up on it's rear end. Probably other ways but for long distance I think this is the best way. Someone else here has probably had heaps of experience with pinnies I'm sure someone will have the answer.

DJS
9th September 2006, 01:23 PM
this has been discussed before - with mixed views.

My view is if it is easy enough to do then Legs should come off - especially for any long distance trips.

I have shipped and received many pins and also moved my collection more then i would like to have had to - always with legs off. If you have a pinball trolley its piss easy or otherwise you need 3 ppl which is easy enough as well.

Neway Tpt have shipped some of mine and they will pickup then pack and ship legs off to the destination - you will still need a few ppl to give u a hand when it arrives to get it up off the pallet - and the driver will usually help - as they will probably want the pallet back.....

cheers

terry007
9th September 2006, 01:43 PM
Previously I have shipped "legs off". Just received a pin from Highway (to Adel), "legs on". Each to their own I spose.

markc
9th September 2006, 02:26 PM
cehck out my web site and we have pictures of how we pack them
always with legs off and head down

mark

mrwolf
9th September 2006, 06:39 PM
Hi.
I had my pinball shipped from Highway in NSW to Melbourne with the legs on via Cope Transport and had no problems.

Cheers
Matt

DevoDave
10th September 2006, 12:41 AM
I have received a few pins from Adelaide (to Melbourne) with legs on.

When I transport them around the state, I leave the legs on as it's easier for me to load and unload.

If it was MY machine.. I would take the legs off, balls out, and ship it vertically.

pinsanity
10th September 2006, 01:23 AM
When I have bought interstate....

1. Cope transport (Brisbane to Adelaide)- legs on, backbox down, well wrapped (by seller) as Cope charge extra for wrapping and no problems when received.

2. McDermids (Dermotts?:unsure ) Transport via MarkC (ChildAmusements) (Melbourne to Adelaide)- legs off, backbox down, balls removed from machine, wrapped up better than Boris Karloff from the Mummy! (thanks Mark:) ) and again no problems when received.

To each his own, I guess.

markc
10th September 2006, 09:42 AM
we use dutts but the SA office is Mc Dermonts

mark

GEE
10th September 2006, 06:55 PM
Legs off, head down, wrapped in bubble wrap and then plastic.