PDA

View Full Version : High Scores - Phantom of the Opera

pistolpete78
2nd August 2009, 09:17 PM
Pin Name: Phantom of the Opera
Abbreviation: POTO
Manufacturer: Data East
Year of Release: 1990
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3-Ball High Scores

Current High Score: 14,000,000
Member: lentildude
Date Scored/Advised: 16-Feb-10 (Advised)
Game Notes: not a default setting score, but it's all we've got!

5-Ball High Scores

Current High Score: 52,865,230
Member: wingtipvortex
Date Scored/Advised: 2-Aug-09 (Advised)
Game Notes: Factory default

Let Me Know Guys!!!!

lentildude
16th February 2010, 05:14 PM
High Score;

Occasionally 2 balls come out on this machine, seems to be a common bug
with this machine. So may affect score a little.:p

wingtipvortex
16th February 2010, 05:29 PM
High Score;

Occasionally 2 balls come out on this machine, seems to be a common bug
with this machine. So may affect score a little.:p
3 ball or 5 ball? Mine had the same problem with ejecting a second ball, Dkong fixed it so ill ask him what he did. 14 mil is a respectable score on this pin:)

lentildude
16th February 2010, 07:29 PM
its a 3 ball. Yes please let me know what the fix is, been living with extra ball pop out issue for years.

One thing I would love to do to this machine is change the midi sound to the more
authentic Andrew Lyod Webber phantom of the opera musical main theme. I guess they couldnt afford the huge royaly fee they would have to pay if they did use phantom music. I plan getting an eprom reader and searching through the roms for music data then try to hack that section of code.

wingtipvortex
17th February 2010, 06:03 AM
One thing I would love to do to this machine is change the midi sound to the more
authentic Andrew Lyod Webber phantom of the opera musical main theme. I guess they couldnt afford the huge royaly fee they would have to pay if they did use phantom music.
Just remember, this machine is not based on ALW's play, its based on the Gaston Leroux novel. Thats why the Webber music was not used.
I wouldn't change anything about the music and sounds it has, as i think it would take away the whole concept of the game, just my opinion though:)

What happens when you dont shoot the ball and let it sit idle? Does it pop a second ball into the shooter lane after a short amount of time?

lentildude
17th February 2010, 09:04 AM
I think it ejects a 2nd ball after a few seconds and if you ignore it and lose main ball in play machine does the searching for stuck ball routine, ie open organ etc to try to release a possibly stuck ball. I was trying to find a Data East service bulletin but no luck.

pistolpete78
17th February 2010, 09:43 PM
lentildude, I've merged your thread into the existing high scores thread for this title:)

Until you get your unruly ball issue sorted out it wouldn't be fair to the other guys on the list if I add your score. Oh, wait. Maybe they'll be ok with it;)

wingtipvortex
17th February 2010, 10:02 PM
DK.....can you remember what fixed this ball search issue with mine? It was after the GI molex was done if i remember, an overheating board possibly??

DKong
17th February 2010, 10:14 PM
DK.....can you remember what fixed this ball search issue with mine? It was after the GI molex was done if i remember, an overheating board possibly??

Was trying to remember when I saw the post, THe PS board (Top left corner in the back box) had heaps of issues and from memory replacing the molex connector plugs and the board ones solved the issue.

One of two top right ( or maybe third) molex plugs, you will see heat damage there most likely , for some reason I traced it back to that and it fixed it, nothing to do with switches or chips, BTW did I say I hate working on DE games :p like my Williams stuff :rolleyes gets so confusing when swapping around different manufacturers , like working on different cars.

Hey Andy you should look in your game and see which plugs I fixed, could of even been the main input PS ( square plug) that goes to that board.

Now from memory the traces underneath were burnt too, so remove the board and check underneath ( New boards are available I think for around $100.00)

Blktgr74
13th April 2015, 10:10 AM
Just got 17524760 and missed the second shot to double my score. Tough game. 5 ball factory settings

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2