PDA

View Full Version : MAMEwah probs

atadich
7th September 2006, 10:04 PM
Hi guys

Im trying to setup mamewah and am running into a problem. I have downloaded the latest version of command line mame. I have downloaded an earlier version (0.97) of mamewah, since the nice little utility program, "MAMEwah Setup", will only work with this version. Now, in trying to setup MAMEwah to run MAME, i select the executable file "mame.exe", and then i get an error window telling me, quote:

"
16 Bit MS-DOS subsystem
C:\windows\system32\command.com
C:\Windows\system32\Autoexec.NT. The system is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows Applications. Choose Close to terminate the application
"

Need to know: is this a problem due to me using "MAMEwah Setup", or is it because im using an old versoin of MAMEwah with a newer MAME???

I am able to install and run other emus (Gens, ZSNES etc...) using MAMEwah setup. Just not MAME! Help!!

Smit
7th September 2006, 10:30 PM
Hi atadich,
What type of setup you running?
Is in Windows or DOS, etc? Is it reasonably new hardware?
I use mamewah and mamewah setup and have never seen that type of error (ot that i'm an expert). Look in your mamewah log file (mamewah.log). That might help ya. Even post it here if there is anything of interest in it.
Hope I helped, gimme a yel if ya still tuck.

Smit

Virgil Tracy
8th September 2006, 06:21 AM
Atomicfe is your friend, a lot easier than mamewah

atadich
8th September 2006, 10:32 AM
Hey yeh im using Windows XP SP2, 1.4GHZ, qiute a new PC. Its a laptop, but im using it to learn about mamewah for my own cab project. Ill have a look at the log files and get back to you!

Thanks!

elvis
8th September 2006, 10:44 AM
Atomicfe is your friend, a lot easier than mamewah
I find people MAKE mamewah setups too hard.

Download and unzip mamewah. Jump into the .ini file, and tell it where MAME is, and where your roms and screenshots are. No point and click - simply type in the directories.

Start MAMEWah, tell it to check for ROMs, and play.

Using all these third party setup programs breaks things all the time. MAMEWah is pretty simple to get running unless you make it hard on yourself. If you can type in "c:\mame\roms" into a plain text file, you can configure mamewah. There's no more stuffing around needed.

Viper
8th September 2006, 10:51 AM
If you put mame and the roms into the default folders c:\mame & c:\mame\roms you don't even need to do that. It looks there anyway (or at least mine did).

atadich
8th September 2006, 12:14 PM
I think I will...i just find copying and pasting file paths from windows into the text file a pain in the ass!!! I guess just some more patience and i will reap the rewards!! thanks guys!