PDA

View Full Version : EM For Sale / Wanted Section

dj10555
29th July 2009, 04:11 PM
Do you think it would be a good idea to have a separate section for EM Arcade Sales or EM Arcade Wanted?

I normally post in the rec.games.pinball or pinball section as they allow EM arcade games. Ebay.com has a arcade video and non-video section so thought it may be good idea to do the same on AA.

daics3522
29th July 2009, 04:20 PM
Do you think it would be a good idea to have a separate section for EM Arcade Sales or EM Arcade Wanted?

I normally post in the rec.games.pinball or pinball section as they allow EM arcade games. Ebay.com has a arcade video and non-video section so thought it may be good idea to do the same on AA.

Whatever floats the boat ........ :lol:lol

Virgil Tracy
29th July 2009, 05:35 PM
I like the idea but how many will we see for sale?

Arcade King
29th July 2009, 05:38 PM

yeah my thoughts exactly mate.

Not too often you see EM stuff for sale on AA.

dj10555
29th July 2009, 05:59 PM
I don't think it will get alot of use but I can only hope!

Virgil Tracy
29th July 2009, 06:01 PM
Not sure how many on here own em arcade games but I think it will be a small minority

dezbaz
29th July 2009, 06:20 PM
I have only ever seen 1 EM arcade game.

It was a "killer shark" game.

We went on to find a manual and schematics on the net, and I helped the guy fix the machine

He has had the machine for 10 years and would never part with it (My guess)

He chucked backflips when it worked for the first time in 5 years.

Hard to find, hard to see, Harder to get I imagine, but good luck. (Easy to fix) LOL

http://www.dsbelec.iinet.net.au/shark1Sm.jpg (http://www.dsbelec.iinet.net.au/shark1.jpg)

Same guy I scored the battlezone from :)

Arcade King
29th July 2009, 07:07 PM
I'm an EM convert and I'm all for it as long as theres a demand. I'd also like to see more people pull their finger our and document their restores.

dezbaz
30th July 2009, 09:59 PM
I spoke to the Battlezone guy - with the EM Shark Game

He at least agreed to talk, so that's good news

He told me everything has it's price, and said his mate has 9 of the EM Games

Also said he is looking for a 1950's pinnie and would probably trade the Shark game for something like that.

Good luck Derek

If you get it, it weighs a freakin tonne (Well, much more then an Arcade game anyway)

pooyan
30th July 2009, 10:18 PM
Not sure how many on here own em arcade games but I think it will be a small minority

I'm in that minority, I think there's a fair few owners of EM games out there, but they're fairly quiet since they're not all chasing the latest 123479832918-in-1 board for their EM cabinet ;)

Virgil Tracy
31st July 2009, 07:34 AM
I'm in that minority, I think there's a fair few owners of EM games out there, but they're fairly quiet since they're not all chasing the latest 123479832918-in-1 board for their EM cabinet ;)

Help make the minority known, so we can see there is enough people to warrant a seperate section

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=25582

stuba
31st July 2009, 09:38 AM

ROFL :lol so true!

I didn't ever set out to collect EM's but fate and luck intervened and I've ended up with a swag of them. I have to say I'm constantly amazed at the pre-tranisitor engineering and it's sooo satisfying to breathe some life back into them and see them function again. they are a lot of fun but of course without the depth of modern games. they make fantastic talking pieces and I love to see other people play a game and enjoy themselves when some of features appear. they also seem to be very reliable after they have been fixed up. there will always be real estate in my games room for them. Its really great to see increased interest in them and people willing to restore them and display them with pride. :cool:

I certainly encourage ppl to give them a try as it does open up a whole other dimension to the hobby :)

narf_
31st July 2009, 01:06 PM
Dez

look in the quokka under amusement machines there is 2 there :cool: in spearwood one is in a good price range the other id say be worth its $$ there asking

boman
31st July 2009, 04:39 PM
[QUOTE=dj10555;314036]Do you think it would be a good idea to have a separate section for EM Arcade Sales or EM Arcade Wanted?

That would be great.:):) I am always on the lookout for more EM games. :):):)

dezbaz
31st July 2009, 05:40 PM
Can I ask this question:

Of those who do own an EM Arcade Machine, would you ever sell it?

AND would it go un-noticed if up for sale in the regular for sale area?

It would be snapped up in no time I am sure

Maybe a sub category for EM restores, but the list could go on forever, and get confusing

stuba
31st July 2009, 08:13 PM
they are tough to part with because you never know when you'll come across another one. if you sell your fishtales you always know you can pickup another one but with EM's its a different story. they are a fair bit more common in the US but finding them in aus is tough. its been said before but it would good if someone took advantage of the dollar and grabbed a container of them. give me dibs if you do..

dezbaz
31st July 2009, 08:23 PM
Dez

look in the quokka under amusement machines there is 2 there :cool: in spearwood one is in a good price range the other id say be worth its $$ there asking

Thanks Narf, but it's not me who's looking ATM, it's the other Derek (dj10555), hopefully you see this Derek and get a quokka mate.

StoveBolt
9th May 2012, 02:17 AM

New guy here from Michigan, I just got into collecting EMs 3 months ago and bought 5 of them so far, but I have to admit it's almost been a full time job. :)

are they hard to find in Aussie land?...SB

Fish Tales
9th May 2012, 06:57 AM
5 in 3 months seems like good going to me.

Mildflame
11th June 2012, 02:47 PM
all I know is I love seeing nice restored EM's

StoveBolt
12th June 2012, 01:30 AM
I'm new to the board but I would like to see at least an EM Discussion section.

So I started one in the Pinball section. :)

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/51635-EM-Pinball-Discussion

Fish Tales
12th June 2012, 07:12 AM
all trading should take place in the trading section.