PDA

View Full Version : High Score Database - It Begins!!

pistolpete78
24th July 2009, 09:07 PM
As Travis mentioned, I'll help keep an up to date list of high scores here and some general info about the game.

This will take some time to get off the ground, so bear with me;)

Any suggestions about info to be included or corrections to any errors I make about game details will be happily accepted.:)

As suggested, photographic evidence would be ideal, and a bit of info about the settings the game had when you got the score - difficulty, no. balls in play, etc, so we can all get a feel for who's doing what.

I'll start a thread for each game as they are suggested and update the first post with current high score. Maybe keep the top 5??

Remember - we're not playing for sheep stations and it's all for a bit of fun. No need to make up a score or anything like that.

Will be a great resource once it's up and running.

Have fun with it.

Pete

knight76
24th July 2009, 11:20 PM
Good work Pete, glad this is getting off the ground.

It should be fun shooting for high scores.

We should set blanket rules for games, Ie, 3 balls, difficulty set to medium or something similar, no buy ins etc :unsure

Anyway, thanks for taking this on. ;)

pistolpete78
24th July 2009, 11:27 PM
Thanks mate - a shaky start so far. But we'll get there.

Got an RS score to add?

Oh, and ToM?

knight76
24th July 2009, 11:33 PM
At the moment I suck at ToM.

My RS high score is 1.9billion but that is on 5 balls, not 3 which is the classic version I guess.

I got 1 billion of that on the first ball.

MrMaloo
25th July 2009, 09:57 AM
I think this is a great idea Pete and Travis . Perhaps though you could have 2 sections for each pin ( a 3 ball game and a 5 ball game) as some members will have their pins set on either 3 or 5 ball games .

knight76
25th July 2009, 11:08 AM
I think this is a great idea Pete and Travis . Perhaps though you could have 2 sections for each pin ( a 3 ball game and a 5 ball game) as some members will have their pins set on either 3 or 5 ball games .

If there is going to be one thread for each pin, then broken down in to 3 balls and 5 balls high scores I think this would get out of hand and be a big job to manage.

How about just a 3 ball rule. If you want to shoot for a high score, you have 3 balls to set your score. It is easy enough to change the pins to 3 ball.

spacies
25th July 2009, 11:39 AM
Nah, factory default or nothing. Keeps it nice and simple.

3 sections: DMD, SS and EM.

acejas
25th July 2009, 04:45 PM
good job pete and thanks for your effort. Looks good so far. Anything can be changed and refined if needed

MrMaloo
26th July 2009, 09:33 PM
Nah, factory default or nothing. Keeps it nice and simple.

3 sections: DMD, SS and EM.

Yeah I have to agree . I have my DMD set to factory / arcade settings ( ie. 3 balls per game ) so I think that those who want to post a score who have their pins set to 5 balls should change them back .

EM's and SS's however were generally set up for 5 balls per game on-site and as such should be set to that.

Probably easier to draw the line in the sand so to speak and govern the criteria for each pin category and then people must set their pins to meet this if they want to record their scores.

knight76
26th July 2009, 09:39 PM
This is probably a stupid idea. But worth putting out there.

Factory defaults is a great rule of thumb, but on the number of balls issue maybe display the score as an average points per ball. That way everyone can play as many balls as they like and post a score.

No doubt this would complicate the score keeping and probably more trouble than it is worth.

But it would be interesting, take 3 quick balls and try to post a great average, or play a 7 ball marathon and try to keep each ball high scoring.

acejas
27th July 2009, 08:24 AM
gotta disagree on that one mate...especially if your by yourself...when youre in the zone the last thing you want to look at is what your score is with that ball. My strategy is always to get the extra ball feature. I can have up to 10 balls in a game !! Nothing is stupid, and its great to get different ideas. It might work with a few guys for a get together

pistolpete78
27th July 2009, 08:49 PM
I'm gonna close this thread guys as I don't want good ideas getting missed between this thread and the stickied one that Trav started (my bad).

Will post up some generally agreed ideas (i.e. rules) on there.

Cheers,

Pete