PDA

View Full Version : Pinball High Scores

Arcade King
24th July 2009, 08:34 PM
Just set the section up and Pistolpete78 has offered to maintain it.

Pete will post up theads of games where you can submit your high scores.

Post the games you want added here.

bwodie
24th July 2009, 08:47 PM
lotr
tspp
i suck at my williams\bally games :)

furballx
24th July 2009, 09:32 PM
Good on you for offering this up Pete. As a suggestion, there prob needs to be a line specifying the number of balls to achieve the score.
Dave

Arcade King
24th July 2009, 09:33 PM
good point Dave.

Maybe 2 high scores 1 for 3 and 1 for 5 depending on how people have their game set up?

pistolpete78
24th July 2009, 09:40 PM
Yeah, that's one of the things I was getting at when I was talking about the settings of the game when the score was achieved.

No. balls in play and difficulty are a couple of important ones. It may then be a case of different scores for no. balls and difficulty. A matrix maybe.......

Anyone know if you can create an excel spreadsheet and import it to a thread on AA.

I love excel:cool:

Bendragon
24th July 2009, 10:33 PM
STTNG - so I've got something to reeeeeeeeach for.

pistolpete78
24th July 2009, 10:40 PM
I'm starting to think maybe a single spreadsheet, different tab for each game, or something like that (if I can have it accessible fromt he site). A different thread for each game may start to get out of hand - there's a few games out there:o

How does that sound? And if it can work - how?

knight76
24th July 2009, 11:37 PM
The only way I could see the excel sheet working is to attach it to the thread as a zip. xls isn't listed as an acceptable file format to attach.

But even then it would not be viewable from the thread directly.

bwodie
25th July 2009, 01:47 AM
just an idea pete, maybe somethin else in this section
What if you did something like they do on rgp and kinda like the mgl (except not everyone will be able to play everytime)
Look at the pinball owners list that felix maintains and choose the most popular pins that members own and see who can get the best score in a week or some shit. (that way your fluke top scores don't count :P )

spacies
25th July 2009, 06:33 AM
To keep it even and tidy they all should be set on factory default.
A top 20 (min) players ladder, not top 20 scores because one player may hold all spots.

Just my 2c

Arcade King
25th July 2009, 09:10 AM
A top 20 (min) players ladder, not top 20 scores because one player may hold all spots.

Just my 2c

yeah agree

Don't forget to attach screen shots of your high score.

knight76
25th July 2009, 11:29 AM

Just my 2c

Thats a great idea, makes it easy to set your pin up for the high score shot.

You know everyone will or should then have it set right.

Maybe get a sticky going with the high scores rules.

DKong
25th July 2009, 11:33 AM
+1 on the factory default.

Nominate T2, F14, Firepower, PinBot

Arcade King
25th July 2009, 02:29 PM
Pete I think you could just put up most of the common games. TZ, STTNG, IJ, TAF, GA.

Fellahs put your scores up even if they suck I know mine do :D lets get the ball rolling.

knight76
25th July 2009, 04:52 PM
Are we worrying about pictures as evidence for the scores or just honesty is the best policy?

pistolpete78
25th July 2009, 04:56 PM
I think pics would be good - just for interests sake if anything. But at the end of the day, I think we could all be bound by the honour system just like in Seinfeld.

I'M OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RaMpAgE
25th July 2009, 09:12 PM
May as well nominate some of my other machines and I'll get cracking on some scores for them.

Gorgar
Kiss

Foot
25th July 2009, 11:46 PM
May as well nominate some of my other machines and I'll get cracking on some scores for them.

Gorgar
Kiss

While your feeling lucky

pistolpete78
27th July 2009, 09:00 PM
Ok, following the replies to the idea so far, I think the general consensus seems to be on the following rules. I'm open to suggestions/alterations here. I don't want to make things too restrictive or unfair, s let me know if this can be improved.

1. Factory default settings applied during game - can anyone who posts a score please confirm that the default settings were in place when they got the score. I know this may rule out a few that people have sent in, but it will make it a level playing field for all involved. A bit of competition between members would be great, so if you think you're up to the challenge, go for it. I'd like to add the major default settings up the top of each score list or each game (no. balls, etc), so any help with these details for each game would be appreciated.

2. Scores list will include the top score from each player - to avoid having one person dominate all scores for a game. I am happy to list other notable scores for each player alongside the top score for that player. Sound ok?

3. Pics of high scores - it would be great if you could take a snap to include in your post. Understand it's not always possible, but we're all interested to know what's happening, and the more photos of games the better! Also, if there are 2 scores, really close, it helps being a little more exact.

4. Any other suggestions?

If everyone thinks this is cool I'll go through and tidy up the scores that have been included so far. Sorry to everyone that this may throw off the list......

I'd like to set up some sort of comps, but don't know where to start on this, so any suggestions would be great:)

We'll get there:cool:

nigelicious
27th July 2009, 09:35 PM
Great work Pete and mods... good idea :)

I think we have enough WCS owners to add that one aswell :)

knight76
27th July 2009, 10:50 PM
Sounds spot on Pete.

As for comps, maybe relax the rules a tad on the strict factory settings but still keep the 3 ball rule. Hold the comp over say, 1 month for people to post there best score.

This gives everyone a chance, those who do not own the pin can possibly head to a fellow members house, or a sited pin somewhere to get a score up and post a pic. Relaxing the factory settings rule for comps means the sited pins are allowed in the comps.

pistolpete78
28th July 2009, 10:45 PM
OK I've been through and updated the high score threads, deleting all of the ones that were not 3 starting ball games. I think of the games on the list that they were all 3 ball starters as the factory default. If not let me know.

Sorry to anyone booted off the lists. This is not about playing for sheep stations, just for some good competition, and this puts us on a level (or 6.5 degree) playing field. Just trying to get some sort of standard going.

A couple more games to be added tonight - Kiss, Gorgar and WCS.

BrissyGuy
29th July 2009, 08:31 PM
How about a thread for The Shadow, Pete ?

pistolpete78
29th July 2009, 09:30 PM
Done mate - how you going with it?

DKong
29th July 2009, 09:32 PM
Now I just need to set all my balls back to factory, wish I could do it with my own set:laugh:

BrissyGuy
29th July 2009, 09:51 PM
Done mate - how you going with it?

Still having some issue's with it. Also broke one of the main plastics last week.

Might have to get someone out to look at it.

pistolpete78
29th July 2009, 09:55 PM
[QUOTE=BrissyGuy;314186]Also broke one of the main plastics last week.

[QUOTE]

DOH!!

pinmike
2nd August 2009, 06:45 AM
hi pete, could we have threads for ....

totan

mm

GnR

family guy

D.H

black rose

getaway hs2

will see how my scores stack up lol :lol

thanks mike

wingtipvortex
2nd August 2009, 07:33 PM
Hey Pete, i know not many have them, but a high score for Phantom Of The Opera would be cool.
Just got my high of 52,865,230
Data East
POTO
2750 Approx
1990 SS
5 ball but with factory defaults set.

pistolpete78
2nd August 2009, 09:18 PM
Threads added for all games guys. Having trouble editing an original post at the moment, so bear with me.

pistolpete78
8th August 2009, 10:12 AM
A quick update - thanks to all who have been sending in their scores. Definitely some good competition with some of the games.

The photos have been great!

I have noticed that there are a lot of guys who have their machines set to 5 balls, maybe more than have them set to 3.

Perhaps we should keep 2 sets of scores - for 5 and 3 ball games.

Any thoughts/suggestions about this idea and the section in general?

Pete

Arcade King
8th August 2009, 10:15 AM
I agree Pete. I have my machines set to 5 ball with no buy in. Depends on the machine also. Games like STTNG and TZ you (I) need 5 ball to get the most out of the game.

knight76
8th August 2009, 10:29 AM
If there is going to be two sets of scores, are we able to keep them separate in the same thread, so one list with heading 3 ball, and one with heading 5 balls?

Just to keep it a bit tidy is all?

pistolpete78
8th August 2009, 10:36 AM
If there is going to be two sets of scores, are we able to keep them separate in the same thread, so one list with heading 3 ball, and one with heading 5 balls?

Just to keep it a bit tidy is all?

That's what I was thinking too. Probably all 3/5 ball scores in the same first post, under different sub-headings.

[EDIT] - Have updated all threads to include a 5-ball score record as well!

n4sa
21st August 2009, 05:12 PM
Hey pete! Could you please add Demolition Man?

pistolpete78
21st August 2009, 10:21 PM
DM added mate:)

knight76
3rd September 2009, 10:25 PM
Hey pete can we get a thread up for Party Zone as there are 8 party zones on the forum.

pistolpete78
6th September 2009, 07:30 PM
PZ added Jason (just realised I have to get a PZ - that's my initials:laugh:)

Syzlack
8th September 2009, 08:53 PM
Yo Pete,

Can you add Pirates of the carribean.

GORGAR 1
9th September 2009, 12:21 AM
Pete-pls add Time warp mate.

Thanks Heaps

Peter

pistolpete78
9th September 2009, 08:31 PM
Pirates and Time Warp added guys:)

Supremicus
24th September 2009, 05:45 PM
Pete could you do one for Doctor Who please.

pistolpete78
25th September 2009, 09:02 PM
Oky Doky:)

GORGAR 1
26th September 2009, 06:44 PM
And Twister thanks Pete..:cool:

Peter

pistolpete78
26th September 2009, 08:01 PM
Will do - has your wife got a score to add:unsure:laugh:

BrissyGuy
4th October 2009, 10:32 PM
As bad as i am at the moment, can you open a JP thread, Pete...

pistolpete78
6th October 2009, 08:25 PM
You're up Andy;)

pistolpete78
7th October 2009, 08:51 PM
Thread and score added mate:) Any chace we can get dizamo's post moved to the new thread mods?

Arcade King
21st October 2009, 08:22 PM
moved Pete only problem is it moved his post to the top of the thread :o

Please add Xenon. Best score I go so far is a shit one no doubt but I'll improve ;)

3 ball standard settings 534500

pistolpete78
21st October 2009, 08:23 PM
moved Pete only problem is it moved his post to the top of the thread :o

Please add Xenon. Best score I go so far is a shit one no doubt but I'll improve ;)

3 ball standard settings 534500

Well that just won't do!:laugh:

Will add Xenon mate. Cheers.

By request, 4 new games added:

AFM
CFTBL
Elvis
Xenon (in a couple of minutes)

Sometimes get a bit busy and don't scan the new posts as thoroughly as I'd like, so if I miss a score that you've added, just send me a PM and I'll get it sorted!

Was thinking since we're coming into the silly season and some of us will be lucky enough to have some time off, maybe it's time for a comp:unsure

My thoughts are maybe nominating 3 games - say the 3 most popular on the ownership list (haven't checked what they are yet). Scores must be on 3 ball games, factory settings. Must be verified by pics.

Prizes - anyone have any suggestions or be prepared to offer something? I'll give it some thought, but thought I'd gauge interest:unsure

Arcade King
21st October 2009, 08:26 PM
I'm sure Tony will put something up ;)

Foot
19th November 2009, 10:25 PM
Hey Pete, can we have a Black Knight 2000 thread please?

pistolpete78
21st November 2009, 08:53 AM
Hey Pete, can we have a Black Knight 2000 thread please?

Done mate:)

Paul KAZ
8th January 2010, 03:37 PM
New BATMAN machine @ Off Broadway HTL (under Broadway shopping centre)
5 ball machine.
My Grandchamp score of 108,528,840
next highest is 70,022,340

This was the 1st time i played it & should be able to to better? ;) :unsure
I will post a pic when the thread is put up in High Scores.
Cheers

pistolpete78
13th January 2010, 08:52 PM
Thread added Paul:)

shootar75
17th January 2010, 01:59 PM
heya pete,

can we get a bram stokers dracula? But I want to wait for someone else to put their scores up first :redface

pistolpete78
18th January 2010, 07:44 PM
heya pete,

can we get a bram stokers dracula? But I want to wait for someone else to put their scores up first :redface

Surely:)

shootar75
18th January 2010, 07:46 PM
Surely:)

bloody legend

prowler
22nd January 2010, 09:21 AM
Hey Pete......no Cactus Canyon mate.:unsure

pistolpete78
22nd January 2010, 09:45 AM
Will add it over the weekend mate. If there's any particular game anyone wants put up, just let me know. Will also add Hook since Genie posted about that one as well.

pistolpete78
30th January 2010, 03:28 PM
Have just gone through and added a heap of scores. Sorry it's taking a while at the moment guys - I'm trying to not spend too much time on here at night and ignoring the wife. Have to try to sneak it in at work instead;)

I'll get to the scores if you guys don't mind waiting sometimes.

NMD
5th March 2010, 04:48 PM
Pete, Can you add Safe Cracker please?

knight76
5th March 2010, 05:16 PM
Have just gone through and added a heap of scores. Sorry it's taking a while at the moment guys - I'm trying to not spend too much time on here at night and ignoring the wife. Have to try to sneak it in at work instead;)

I'll get to the scores if you guys don't mind waiting sometimes.

Hi Pete, if you need help monitoring this section and updating the scores I am happy to oblige.

pistolpete78
6th March 2010, 02:04 PM
Hi Pete, if you need help monitoring this section and updating the scores I am happy to oblige.

Thanks Jase. Think I'm back on track, but 2 heads are better than 1 (usually :laugh:).

I'll send you a PM soon......

pistolpete78
7th March 2010, 01:55 PM
Pete, Can you add Safe Cracker please?

Thread added:)

ppohlman
7th April 2010, 03:47 AM
Just set the section up and Pistolpete78 has offered to maintain it.

Pete will post up theads of games where you can submit your high scores.

Post the games you want added here.

Hey Pete, could you add a thread for Judge Dredd?

It would be nice to have a high score for both normal 3/5 ball games and the "Super Games".

Thanks.

pistolpete78
10th April 2010, 11:14 AM
Hey Pete, could you add a thread for Judge Dredd?

It would be nice to have a high score for both normal 3/5 ball games and the "Super Games".

Thanks.

Thread started mate. I was surprised that one hadn't been done yet:huh:

theintelligent1
25th April 2010, 08:29 PM
Can we have a Freddy thread?

pistolpete78
1st May 2010, 01:20 PM
Can we have a Freddy thread?

Done:)

pistolpete78
30th October 2010, 10:47 AM
Added threads for Tommy and Scared Stiff. I've moved the posts requesting these games to the threads since they had the guys' scores in them:)

Super Dave Osbourne
4th November 2010, 01:23 PM
Pete, would you please add Royal Flush to the mix. My high score on 3 ball is 183,560. Thank you for your work to maintain this high score thread.

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Please start another thread for high scores on Mars Trek, my high score on it is 1,677,100. Thank you for your hard work!

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Please add a thread for the Four Season game by Gottlieb. My high score is 8,278. Thanks to all that help here on this most time consuming effort.

pistolpete78
13th November 2010, 10:57 AM
Pete, would you please add Royal Flush to the mix. My high score on 3 ball is 183,560. Thank you for your work to maintain this high score thread.

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Please start another thread for high scores on Mars Trek, my high score on it is 1,677,100. Thank you for your hard work!

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Please add a thread for the Four Season game by Gottlieb. My high score is 8,278. Thanks to all that help here on this most time consuming effort.

Threads and scores have been added Dave. How about an intro and tell us a bit about yourself....

Sounds like an interesting collection:)

RGR
29th November 2010, 01:43 PM
Hi guys,

Sorry I posted the scores to the actual thread... Not sure if you want them edited... Do they need to be confirmed somehow??

grifter
4th December 2010, 11:08 AM
Whirlwind!

pistolpete78
3rd January 2011, 05:06 PM
Whirlwind!

Done!

acejas
3rd January 2011, 06:34 PM
Avatar 3 ball 53.6 mil standard settings

knight76
9th July 2011, 12:17 AM
Guys Pete has asked me if I would like to help out with the Pinball High Scores section as he is flat out at the moment and is finding it hard time wise to get everything done in here.

So I will be jumping in here updating the scores for a while. Pete of course is still around and is welcome to take over the reins whenever he wishes.

So feel free to PM me if I have missed anything in here, or just continue to post up new high scores and requests for new pin threads.

pistolpete78
9th July 2011, 08:24 AM
Thanks Jas for helping out with the section. I know it has slid in the last few months and I apologise that it hasn't been kept up as much as the section deserves.

Been a few changes at work which have made me a lot busier than in the past and it's likely to stay that way. Jas offered a while back to help out, and rather than let the section completely fall over, we've decided that 2 heads will be better than 1. As always, we're open to suggestions about improvements or added ideas which might bring something extra to the section.

Please continue to support the high scores. It is a nice way of having some friendly rivalry on the site. I'll continue to help out when I can.

Replay
9th July 2011, 08:18 PM
nice work on everyones behalf

Xrayspex
20th August 2012, 05:30 AM
Can you please add Whodunnit?

knight76
15th September 2013, 04:44 PM
Guys can I ask that when adding in scores you make a note if the score is 3 or 5 ball, and factory settings, or if not factory any settings changes. Also good to note if on site or any relevant information about the game, like number of jackpots etc.

Makes it easier to add them in, and gives everyone an idea of how you went in your game with the game info etc. ;)

Also, you can add an knight76 in your post if you want me to update it a bit faster.