PDA

View Full Version : Best linux jukebox software?

longreach
24th July 2009, 07:23 AM
Hi all,

I can't find anything on the forum and only bits and pieces online, does anyone have any favourite applications they use for running a jukebox in linux? I'm new to linux (Ubuntu) but I am loving it so far. I hope to make a stand alone jukebox out of some old pc parts I have lying around and I have plenty of large bits of mdf. This 'to-do' list keeps getting things added to it faster than anything gets done. :realmad: Thanks!

MetalSkin
24th July 2009, 08:01 AM
Hmm, interesting question, I'm looking forward to the answer to this question!

In addition to the above, when talking about jukebox software for linux, does this include video playback and any karaoke integration etc?

@lien_Zed
24th July 2009, 08:10 AM
Elvis would be the best bet to answer this question

as for karaoke there is a karaoke program that is similar to singstar available for linux

sairuk
24th July 2009, 12:38 PM
some options here http://www.gnomefiles.org/search.php?search=jukebox, i only run xbmc on my linux box because its not a dedicated machine. Intergrates nicely with my xboxs/windows machine all running xbmc throughout the house

longreach
24th July 2009, 02:54 PM
some options here http://www.gnomefiles.org/search.php?search=jukebox, i only run xbmc on my linux box because its not a dedicated machine. Intergrates nicely with my xboxs/windows machine all running xbmc throughout the house

Thanks for that sairuk. I have done some searching and found a few possibilities but most seem to be just media players, I am more after software for a dedicated mp3 jukebox.

Rather than trudging through all of them I was hoping to get it narrowed down to a small bunch of programs people have found good for the task. So I can try them and see what fits best for me.

Dannymh
24th July 2009, 03:37 PM
Songbird seems like a decent option especially since it is fairly easily themeable you could quite easily theme it into a touch screen style view.