PDA

View Full Version : Selley foaming glue is great for busted cabinets.

Willie Wolf
5th September 2006, 09:47 AM
One favour deserves another. My 1812 cabinets legs had eaten the plywouud something shocking. Instead of bog I used a fairly new glue from Selleys. It a foaming isocyanate thats brilliant. Selleys Aquadhere "DURABOND". $20 500ml.This stuff is a thick brown liquid and runs into all those little cavities, like delaminated ply, absorbs a bit of moisture and then foams up. Fills all those cavities and set rock hard. You can build it up if you apply a few coats then finish with bog. Just brilliant. WARNING...don't get it on your hand...It's like super glue. I had black hands for a week. NOTHING removes it but scrapping. As they say on ebay...Highly recomended AAAAA+++++. Edward

@lien_Zed
5th September 2006, 11:12 AM
when it sets what does it look like?
does it go foamy like 2 pack foam?

Mickey Juice
5th September 2006, 11:18 AM
when it sets what does it look like?
does it go foamy like 2 pack foam?

http://www.selleys.com.au/itemDisplay.aspx?ItemID=41

My 1812 cabinets legs had eaten the plywouud something shocking.

1812 Pinball?? Love that game :D

Willie Wolf
5th September 2006, 11:30 AM
Looks the yellow polyurethane foam but smaller bubbles and a LOT, LOT harder. Once set you can mechanically shape it.
Yes 1812 is a great players game. Shots galore and easy to maintain. Very pleased as it's my first restoration. Actually once the problems and missing bit were fixed it hasn't faulted. It gets a hammering from my kids and friends and just keeps on going.

Mickey Juice
5th September 2006, 11:37 AM
Yes 1812 is a great players game. Shots galore and easy to maintain. Very pleased as it's my first restoration. Actually once the problems and missing bit were fixed it hasn't faulted. It gets a hammering from my kids and friends and just keeps on going.

Cool. I nearlly bought one a few years back at a Bumper Amusements auction.... Will get one one day :(
Love the chicken singing during multiball!