PDA

View Full Version : MK II button config

Potato King
3rd September 2006, 11:36 PM
Iím having probs assigning player 1 buttons for MK II, when I come to button 4 & press left alt it registers as "left alt right alt" (see pic), so in game play you would have to press both left alt & right alt for the one button to work (I've tried this). Iíve tried configing other games with the alt key & no probs. WTF's going on?

First correct answer receives a chocolate coated potato.

Potato King
5th September 2006, 02:36 PM
Sorted

Foot
5th September 2006, 03:18 PM
Give yourself a Chocolate Potato!!:D :D

Foot

elvis
5th September 2006, 04:26 PM
WTF's going on?
You pressed buttons too quick. MAME allows multiple physical inputs per virtual button. If you assign a key binding and then mash a whole bunch of keys, they'll all come up as the binding.

Easiest way to sort it is to delete the cfg file that gets created in the /cfg/ folder under your MAME install, and re-assign the key. But you probably figured that bit out, so I'm just saying it for public interest.

Potato King
5th September 2006, 11:50 PM
Give yourself a Chocolate Potato!!:D :D

Foot

No thankx Im still sucking on this one...:)

Worked out it was because I had the game paused when I was in menu mode, try it & see... I vaguely remember once reading somewhere the game shouldn't be paused when configing. Also had the brain wave of editing the CFG file in note pad & removing the offending text, this worked also.

Ill be sending a pre-sucked chocie potato to you both thou.