PDA

View Full Version : Electromechanical coin counter

@lien_Zed
2nd September 2006, 11:24 AM
On the inside of one of the cabinets there is a electromechanical coin counter that looks like a odometer from a car speedo.when coins are registered to cash box, the increments the counter.Its black and about 1.5 inches wide, and about 2 inches deep and counts to 999999 and has 2 wires to it.
Where do i get these from?
Im chasing 2 of them

Davefjedi
2nd September 2006, 11:40 AM
On the inside of one of the cabinets there is a electromechanical coin counter that looks like a odometer from a car speedo.when coins are registered to cash box, the increments the counter.Its black and about 1.5 inches wide, and about 2 inches deep and counts to 999999 and has 2 wires to it.
Where do i get these from?
Im chasing 2 of them
pm me your addy i got 2 you can have they are not at 00000 thouth

jumpydoctor
2nd September 2006, 01:56 PM
I have to ask..why do you want to put one in ? Pretty redundant in a home cab

@lien_Zed
2nd September 2006, 07:36 PM
i want to put them back in cos im going to make the cabs take 20cent pieces, just like they did when i was a kid.

my kids dont believe me i used to pay 20 cent a game, they are used to seeing their pocket money disappear after 3 games playing at 2bucks a game at the arcade.

also makes for an interesting piggybank the mame cabinet.

Thank you davefjedi i will pm you now

Ric
5th September 2006, 08:17 AM
just be careful with these Dez - I had one in my cocktail and it had shorted - and with it i blew up two power supplies - they are essentially a solenoid stepper that increments the counter when you insert the coin - whilst I appreicate they add some authenticity to a game they can also cause costly problems for your game

DevoDave
5th September 2006, 09:31 AM
Whack an IN4007 diode across the coil to eliminate back emf and you should be fine. Do you intend on driving it from your PC (via an interface!) or does your coinmech have a drive line?