PDA

View Full Version : bride of pinbot resto

narf_
5th July 2009, 11:37 AM
picked up a nice project bride of pinbot from the shed boys morrieman and gibo

cabs in good shape with some bumps and thumps (as expected)

atm giving it all a good clean over and seeing what i need to install (globes,rubbers,ramp protectors so far)

PF is diamond coated and all inserts are smick (even have what appears to be mylar over some)

only damge on the PF parts were a crack on the ramp switch on the shuttle ramp (loctite fixed that) and the right entrances of both ramps have been chipped but cliffys will fix that problem

pics shortly once i get one pc to work to transfer them to this one

Fish Tales
5th July 2009, 11:44 AM
Cool Narf, fun game as well.

DKong
5th July 2009, 11:51 AM
Good one! I am just about to go and pick up a Pinbot:D

narf_
5th July 2009, 11:55 AM
pics

i gotta hand it to the boys. They sold it to me as being a working project machine in the meantime it had CPU errors so they sent it to joey. Joey did his magic and they didnt alter the price

they even said it had a cpu error appear and would take a bit longer to collect. Its hard to find honest people sadly these days like this

love the diamond coat PF.

gotta buy a plug to swap it over shortly and get it fired up and talking dirty to me :laugh:

atm having a fix of the coin door as the italian ops have pop riveted around the coin chutes so doing some mini bog ups with supermetal and she will be ready to paint

wingtipvortex
5th July 2009, 12:46 PM
BOP is a fav pin of mine, id like to own one one day. Yours looks to be in very reasonable condition:cool: Nice pickup.

narf_
5th July 2009, 12:55 PM
cheers

gotta clean the PF as its dirty as a pig. the bumps and scraps are mostly confined to one side of the headbox

plus around the legs there is the usual where but that is fixed by leg protectors

im happy with the price i got it for

the fun begins making a list and shopping now

daics3522
5th July 2009, 12:56 PM
cheers

gotta clean the PF as its dirty as a pig. the bumps and scraps are mostly confined to one side of the headbox

plus around the legs there is the usual where but that is fixed by leg protectors

im happy with the price i got it for

the fun begins making a list and shopping now

Good work narfie.... Cant wait for the restored pics.......

narf_
5th July 2009, 12:59 PM
cheers mate

theres alot to get my head around on this one. Need a few odds and sods before i play a proper game but i can live with that

daics3522
5th July 2009, 01:10 PM
cheers mate

theres alot to get my head around on this one. Need a few odds and sods before i play a proper game but i can live with that

Make sure the balls are shmicko before letting anyone use it.......

narf_
5th July 2009, 01:48 PM
old balls have been removed mate

cant play if they aint there :cool:

atm got half of one side stripped cleaning as i go. my plastics polish is removing heaps of gunge so the pf is coming up nice shame most the areas ive cleaned you cant see

narf_
5th July 2009, 07:16 PM
well its cleaned up until the shuttle ramp and around the bumpers i need to magic erase as the gunk has stuck in good

had enough for tonite. funny thing is ill have to take it all apart again replace globes and rubbers but at least i got the scunge out of the hard to get places

the brillianize polish worked a treat

flipper bats ive got to try and replace tonite but one of the pawls isnt agreeing so will wait till i get a flipper kit

atm im away from home due to some personal stuff that has arisen. ive got 2 seacontainers of tools which is handy but most the gear i need i left at home :redface

narf_
9th July 2009, 06:50 PM
update not much but no camera or supplies yet

come to visit the kids at my place and a big package of stuff from greg at RTBB has arrived :)

PF is all cleaned ready for novus and waxing atm. going thru replacing some globes with others i had on hand in hard to reach places has been done and working

only issue i have atm is the lower right corner of the translite globes dont seem to be working but ive got some new globes to replace and then try again

all switches are working bumpers testing fine. 90% of rubbers been replaced only problem i had was 3 rubbers short (on the mini PF thank goodness)

what a mission cleaning was but ive done it cleaned every part i could all inserts globe covers ect

tonite im rebuilding the flippers getting that part ready,polish the wire forms and replace globes. then polish and wax and let there be noise

also

gibo nice messages mate :lol

shansta
9th July 2009, 06:56 PM
Looks very nice narf! And yes, I am jealous! :cry

narf_
9th July 2009, 07:01 PM
cheers mate

ill upload some new pics of it clean when i can claim a camera

sux living away from home atm

daics3522
9th July 2009, 07:03 PM
cheers mate

ill upload some new pics of it clean when i can claim a camera

sux living away from home atm

Mobile phone camera????

DKong
9th July 2009, 07:11 PM
Hey Narf, since you have a Bride of Pinbot now does this make you my Bitch:lol

Seriously though sounds like your making some progress, looking forward to some pics. Mine is going to take a lot longer, whats this "brillianize polish" you talk of?

daics3522
9th July 2009, 07:13 PM
Hey Narf, since you have a Bride of Pinbot now does this make you my Bitch:lol

Seriously though sounds like your making some progress, looking forward to some pics. Mine is going to take a lot longer, whats this "brillianize polish" you talk of?

I thought it was a WA based secret narf??

narf_
9th July 2009, 09:29 PM
camera phone mate

NFI how to transfer photos with my shit box phone. ive got a camera so ill shoot some pics tommorow

its hard atm as net is limited up there.

brillianze is similar to novus 1 i get it from the local plastics shop.

i can be your bitch mate cheap rates for you :lol

GIBO
10th July 2009, 01:25 AM
gibo nice messages mate :lol

Argh yes the fun you can have with custom messages when selling to mates

narf_
10th July 2009, 01:42 AM
yeah

the gibo was here gave it away :lol

atm tonite so no progress but tommorow night shiny new flippers underneath :cool:

DKong
10th July 2009, 03:05 AM
I thought it was a WA based secret narf??

Secrets out :101:

narf_
10th July 2009, 07:32 AM
lol

its made in america so its really the yanks secret

DKong
10th July 2009, 11:01 AM
lol

its made in america so its really the yanks secret

Ok found it http://www.brillianize.com/

Does it have different compounds like Novus , or is it just a finish polish:unsure

narf_
11th July 2009, 10:41 AM
no idea mate

got some pics

flippers have had a full kit thru bar the capacitor and EOS since they were fine (and couldnt be fagged last night soldering them in). need to get my williams cardboard spanner to set them to the right height and adjust them properly also

rebuilt the plunger since it was too short and turns out the new one was the same length :lol

rubbers all bar 3 are in since the kit i got had the wrong one in and 2 were missing :(

all globes replaced that needed replacing bar a few flashers since they have a different plug than the ones i ordered (not all the same)

PF will be waxed shortly and the wire frames polished

ive got a order from wayne with a few cabinet parts floating around so ill tinker around with the outside shortly as $$ permits.

will have to order more parts again next week to finish the PF (bugga)

getting there. alot quicker than my jacks so the wife should be happy hopefully

ramps are having cliffys to fix them and once they arrive ill be having a test game id rather wait till they arrive to be safe

shansta
11th July 2009, 10:46 AM
Lookin' sharp my man - it's lookin' sharp! :)

narf_
11th July 2009, 10:47 AM
cheers

ill have to start giving the cabinet love soon too. shame it isnt like the PF

solid but needs some bogging on the Headbox edges

shansta
11th July 2009, 10:56 AM
cheers

ill have to start giving the cabinet love soon too. shame it isnt like the PF

solid but needs some bogging on the Headbox edges

I was thinking Wayne's new toy might be of assistance here?

I am such an idiot! I was at Wayne's last week - forgot to ask for a look at it! Doh!

narf_
11th July 2009, 11:22 AM
yeah if he could make decals id be interested

narf_
17th July 2009, 06:24 PM
got my cliffys today so there going in tonite

1 shooter rod away from a game (in the mail somewhere ):cry

narf_
17th July 2009, 08:49 PM
found my shooter rod

cliffys are in and had a few test games

love this pinnie to bits. big thanks to gibo and morrieman for a nice machine

never played one before and its funny that i find the neon on CV very distracting and personally annoying. Now with BOP there is heaps of light action at all times so takes some getting used to

a few niggles to sort out and coil sleeves wouldnt hurt to replace but atm shes all a goer

+1 on cliffy protectors for the BOP ramps my ramps are now good again

originally the shuttle ramp had a broken switch holder on the ramp so i glued that back the cliffy also covers this so you can see where i glued it :D

so thats a pinball fixed now its time to sort out life

shansta
27th July 2009, 12:51 AM
Pics?

Are they on AP? Been too busy lately!

spriggy
27th July 2009, 01:06 AM
Nice. :cool:

narf_
27th July 2009, 08:36 AM
nah mate

no camera atm getting there with one though

narf_
29th July 2009, 08:14 PM
pinnie goes into storage on the w.e till i get some personal matters sorted but ill try to take some piccies still :cry

johnwartjr
4th August 2009, 04:38 AM
Where's the DMD in a BOP? :)

This is one game I'd like to log more hours on!

narf_
25th October 2009, 07:47 PM
updating this thread since ive put this beast aside

i should have her legged and in a new home in a few weeks ready to run. coil sleeves need replacing in a few places ive discovered during storage test runs.

its gunna live again at last. This was originally for the wife but its now being relocated to my place :cool:

dizamo
25th October 2009, 08:56 PM
Nice one Narf, good to see a restored classic up and running.

The shed boys once again prove to be top reliable blokes, couldnt thank them enough for the help they gave me:023:

And good luck with everything else. Ive been a child of divorce and alot of other crazy shit so my thoughts are with you.

narf_
25th October 2009, 09:45 PM
cheers

the guys are champs. it was a full worker when i got it and still is

just needs a few rubbers and some cosmetic love

narf_
5th March 2010, 10:52 AM
update

been a long time comming but 9:00 last night she was installed into my new lounge room

so fun begins tidying it back up. mostly the cab needs the black trimmings repainted and some bog work

need to give it quick wipe down and fix the auto launcher linkage and shes all playable.

installed new legs last night and tonite might try the new coindoor if im not afterburning my self blind :lol

so excited :)

narf_
7th March 2010, 11:31 PM
been a long time but :)

few niggles to sort but shes going well. all good bar im a shit player :lol

Bendragon
7th March 2010, 11:39 PM
Facebook, pinaball and REALLY bad shirts....so I'm not the only one hahah

narf_
7th March 2010, 11:52 PM
:lol

yeah its play a round quick chat to the new mrs in progress and back for another game

priorities :lol

shansta
9th March 2010, 09:21 PM

yeah its play a round quick chat to the new mrs in progress and back for another game

priorities :lol

Christ - don't show her that shirt! Single life is lonely you know! :lol

Seriously - nice to see it in action! AND on legs too!

narf_
9th March 2010, 09:31 PM
dam mate

took her out for a coffee date and down the park with her son wearing it :lol.

shansta
9th March 2010, 09:42 PM
dam mate

took her out for a coffee date and down the park with her son wearing it :lol.

It should be okay dude - just don't tell her about the Nana Mouskouri / Demis Rousoss (sp?) vinyl collection!

Edit: I think you might like Nana's shirt.....

narf_
9th March 2010, 09:47 PM

my dad has those lps :lol:lol:lol

nah its all good with her :cool:

narf_
28th March 2010, 10:51 PM
well tonite i decided id put some new flipper bats in i had sitting around from wayne (purple)

put them in and gave them a quick adjust and flipped over the flipper rubbers since they are getting a bit dry

well **** me i managed to get up to multiball (been playing heaps too :redface) and got the human face

its freaking trippy when the heatbeat ect starts going and all lights go of ect

shame no one around to show off too :lol

lukex
29th March 2010, 09:37 AM
Have been following this thread for the last while. Tony at PS has mine on a slow boat from somewhere and no sign of arriving as yet.

Can't wait to get it and do what you did..... have seen the metamorphosis on Youtube and it is awesome!

Cheers,

Luke

narf_
29th March 2010, 12:12 PM
not mine but to prove how dam funky it looks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R7mGddNQUM&feature=related

lukex
31st March 2010, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the thread. Looking great and it is giving me some insight about being patient!!

I spotted this ebay listing today that has some clear pics of the cab artwork. It seems to be relatively intact (except for the headbox) and unfaded. Might help if someone was looking to do some touchups.

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-MACHINE-BRIDE-OF-PINBOT-WILLIAMS-PINBALL-MACHINE_W0QQitemZ320509703009QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4a9fddf361

I have saved the pics so if it disappears and someone still wants to have a look, just pm me.

Cheers,

Luke