PDA

View Full Version : 5.1 surround on Lowboy

@lien_Zed
31st August 2006, 05:42 PM
I have a cabinet im going to put 5.1 speakers to.
I have made 3 holes below the marquee to fit the centre and left right channels.

the other two for rear im not sure about.
contemplating making holes just below the control panel and above the door to fit them inside the cabinet...

or...

make a pyramid and stick one each side down the front of the machine and point them upwars at the player...

feedback anyone??

feeras
31st August 2006, 06:09 PM
isn't surround sound for movies?

@lien_Zed
31st August 2006, 07:29 PM
and arcade cabinets that play games, and also have a jubebox function as well

there is a few arcade cabinets around with 5.1 surround if you go googling.

one in particular i saw was made of plastic and had glowing lights in side and had speakers stuck to the top of the cabinet like an after thought...looked bloody ugly in my books

Viper
31st August 2006, 09:20 PM
Doesn't matter where you put them it'll make no difference with them all so close together. 2.1 is all you need in an arcade cab, sure wire up multiple speakers but left and right is all you need. Front and rear won't make any difference if they are in the cab.

Actually on many cabs you don't even get any advantage from stereo (hence JAMMA is mono). Although with a juke you gotta have stereo!

ZXR
1st September 2006, 12:01 PM
Unless you're building a cockpit style cab, it doesn't really make any difference using 5.1 over 2.1.
ROCK ON though! :)

-ZXR

Viper
1st September 2006, 08:56 PM
Unless you're building a cockpit style cab, it doesn't really make any difference using 5.1 over 2.1.
ROCK ON though! :)

-ZXR
Well there is that!