PDA

View Full Version : URGENT HELP needed with arcade machine - Sydney

WOKA
29th August 2006, 04:26 PM
Hi,

Is there anyone in Sydney (Toongabbie, near Parramatta) that could call out to a blokes place to try and troubleshoot / repair an arcade machine that I just had couriered to them..

This guy won the machine from me via Ebay, I sent it on Friday and he received it today.. On powerup the screen dosen't work.. Game board etc is fine as you can hear Galaga running. Anybody with arcade expertise willing to go to this guys place so as to help me out.. I'm very happy to pay someone for this service, (money / beer / parts) etc, I just really need this issue resolved. I trust the buyer in that it is nothing that they have done, and that the problem is due to mishandling in transit..

The machine is a 20" Lowboy with Kortek chassis...!!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE HELP ME..!

Thanks,

Dylan (aka - Woka)

MadMikeAU
29th August 2006, 05:48 PM
I can help. Its not too far away from me (I am in Blacktown).

Only issue is that I dont drive, so it may be an issue me getting there and back. Having said that, there is a train station at Toongabbie. Could you PM me the address of the guy?

If its fine, I should be able to scoot out there tomorrow arvo.

kramer
29th August 2006, 06:26 PM
gee woka, that's really a fantastic service. he'd better be givin you sweet feedback!

WOKA
29th August 2006, 08:10 PM
Hi Mad,

Thanks for the kind gesture, PM sent.. Please let me know..

Kramer, thanks too... For me its all about the service. If I received a $650 dollar (plus freight) machine and it didn't work I'd really like it resolved..!

As I say.. 'Its all about the service..'

You make some, you loose some, but at the end of the day we all have to be happy.

Thanks all.

Dylan... (W)

t1ckt0ck
30th August 2006, 02:51 AM
Hi Mad,

Thanks for the kind gesture, PM sent.. Please let me know..

Kramer, thanks too... For me its all about the service. If I received a $650 dollar (plus freight) machine and it didn't work I'd really like it resolved..!

As I say.. 'Its all about the service..'

You make some, you loose some, but at the end of the day we all have to be happy.

Thanks all.

Dylan... (W)
I hope your gonna kill the freight/courier company. I would demand compensation.

MadMikeAU
1st September 2006, 05:08 PM
OK, just an update, guys...

I checked it out and the issue is either the chassis (which is getting power) or the tube. My guess the chassis has had something knocked loose. There is a part on the chassis that has thick wires coming in/out of it (near the top) that looked loose.

Unfortunatly for all involved, chassises is not my thing (especially when I didnt have a torch with me to see WTF I was doing).

If we have any chassis experts in Sydney who are willing to get involved...now is the time to put your hand up.

Come on, woka needs you

Ric
1st September 2006, 05:58 PM
that is pretty awesome what you did Mike - shows what a great community this is.

i would put my hand up however I have no idea about chassies - they scare me

good luck Dylan!

MadMikeAU
1st September 2006, 06:34 PM
that is pretty awesome what you did Mike - shows what a great community this is.

i would put my hand up however I have no idea about chassies - they scare me

good luck Dylan!

It would have been awesome if I fixed it. As it was, I forgot to take a torch and camera....and couldnt fix it. So, the effort on my part was fairly ordinary, IMO. :lol

Anyways, if there is any other way I can help, Dylan, let me know...just ask.

LOTR4U
1st September 2006, 07:03 PM
I might be able to but it would need to be next weekend. :unsure
I don't have cap/electronics knowledge but I have been stuffing around with this shit for a long time now and normally can nail the prob down. :D

WOKA
15th September 2006, 09:15 AM
Hi Fella's,

An update, but firstly a huge thanks to MADMIKE for going out of his way to help me with this. If I can ever do anything to help you or somehow repay the favour, please let me know. Much appreciated.

The buyer of the machine has since organised someone else to go and have a look (The Pinball Man) and it has been determined the the FBT on the chassis is rooted. Now this is funny because I bought a 'reconditioned chassis' from an OP up here for this machine a couple of weeks before I sold it.. Reconditioned should mean just that and not kark it after only a few hours of operation and a courier trip to Sydney. Sure, the couriers were rough, in that the cab glass had become dislodged and the CP bounced open, but I don't think this would necessarily contribute to a ROOTED CHASSIS.

I've asked for the guy to send back the chassis to me once its all been replaced, and I'll buy 'an Aussie Arcade Beer' for the first poster to correctly guess WHO'S ****ING WINDOW THIS ****ED RECONDITIONED CHASSIS IS GOING SAILING THROUGH WHEN I GET IT BACK.

Oh - and its cost me an additional $210.00 to get it fixed...

Thanks again MADMIKE - your a CHAMP..!

humpalot
15th September 2006, 09:32 AM
Would of been cheaper to get a new universal chassis from Jomac. What no famous 30 day warranty on the reco?

rottenpig
15th September 2006, 10:56 AM
take photo's of the board sailing through the window! it can be like a new banner here and we can all worship you as our new god.