PDA

View Full Version : trouble with x-arcade diy kit

rohtom
29th August 2006, 01:58 PM
i just got an x-arcade diy kit to put into an upright for a mame cab.
i want to keep 6 buttons on 2 players for fighting games but i want to use 8 way joysticks for same reason.....the kit is set for 4ways....i can probbably borrow 3 for each joystick from 7&8 buttons and pinball butons .....any suggestions for the one i'm short of..........??
Please help.

@lien_Zed
29th August 2006, 02:50 PM
i have an xarcade dual controller.i have not tinkered with it much yet.from memory it only has 4 joysticks in it.
i will check later tonight

Stevo
29th August 2006, 03:00 PM
8 way joysticks only use 4 switches.....

Potato King
29th August 2006, 03:02 PM
i want to keep 6 buttons on 2 players for fighting games but i want to use 8 way joysticks for same reason.....the kit is set for 4ways....i can probbably borrow 3 for each joystick from 7&8 buttons and pinball butons .....any suggestions for the one i'm short of..........??
Please help.

8way joysticks have 4 micro switches, if you moved the stick diagonal right it would push two of these switches to register you wanted to move in a diagonal direction. Was that your problem or am I missing the point?:unsure

OzStick
29th August 2006, 03:19 PM
Please help.
My suggestion is obvious, but you've already made your purchase so it is of no use to you now..........

Cheers,
Chris

Arcade King
29th August 2006, 09:44 PM
those joystick just have a thing you move to one side to switch them from 2-4-8 way?