PDA

View Full Version : Partytime Jukebox not finding all my songs

Dannymh
16th June 2009, 04:28 PM
Hi,

I know this isnt the ideal place, but their forums are down and I cant find this anywhere else.

Basically I know that winamp is the backing for partytime, and partytime is pretty much spot on for what i am looking for in my touch screen jukebox.

The problem is of over 400 albums it is only finding 45 of them. I have installed all of the m4a and mp4, ogg etc plugins for winamp and can play songs and albums in winamp that are not being found in partytime.

For the life of me I can not get partytime to find the albums.

Does anyone have any ideas on what may be the issue?
Does anyone have any suggestions to an alternative that looks basically like partytime but perhaps functions better?

cheers
Dan

Burra749
16th June 2009, 06:37 PM
Are all of the songs tagged properly.

I have just spent 10 days solid sorting out my music library, tagging them & resizing all of the pics correctly & Im still only up to 'T'.
I have 2800 albums.

I run freebox so Im not familiar with partytime, but I know if there not tagged correctly freebox wont pick them up.

Dannymh
17th June 2009, 09:58 AM
arrrgh what a pain. If only iTunes was touch screen friendly :)

I think I am going to concentrate mainly on what I want and bring that across. I then have someone with 10,000 songs on offer I am going to take up.

has anyone found a way to get Deezer.com playing through a juke and a touch friendly app?

Nidzdotnet
19th June 2009, 01:04 PM
Ok... Parytime Jukebox won't find Mp3's in folders with no image present.. so make sure you got a .JPG file in the folder.

I arranged the folders like the following:

C:\Mp3\A
C:\Mp3\B
C:\Mp3\C

etc.. One folder for each letter of the aphabet and 0 for albums that start in a Number like the artist 311 for example. Then under each letter i have for example:

ACDC - Black in Black

then within that folder I have the mp3s and 1 Image of the front cover.

I tell Partyime to look at the MP3 folder and It will scan through it all and create it's own playlist database. Once it loads up all 1600+ albums it will then put them all up.

Partytime is a ripper.. The only limitation is that you can only have like a maximum of like 1800 albums or so with 12 albums per line.. Also when I have lots of people queing up songs, Sometimes it cracks the sads and freezes up..

Dannymh
19th June 2009, 01:12 PM
Ok... Parytime Jukebox won't find Mp3's in folders with no image present.. so make sure you got a .JPG file in the folder.

I arranged the folders like the following:

C:\Mp3\A
C:\Mp3\B
C:\Mp3\C

etc.. One folder for each letter of the aphabet and 0 for albums that start in a Number like the artist 311 for example. Then under each letter i have for example:

ACDC - Black in Black

then within that folder I have the mp3s and 1 Image of the front cover.

I tell Partyime to look at the MP3 folder and It will scan through it all and create it's own playlist database. Once it loads up all 1600+ albums it will then put them all up.

That sounds like a lot of work, but I understand the reasoning. I would love to see the iPhone iTunes on PC and would be jumping on that as my Jukebox as I don't exactly need a classic jukebox look for the software. E-Touch seems to be doing the job now and I think I may end up sticking with that.

Cheers for the info though I am going to kull a lot of my music before taking it to the juke and may as well re-arrange it from the iTunes way as I do it, but I have plenty of time for that

Brad
19th June 2009, 01:33 PM
I reckon your mad if you don't have your music sorted correctly. Sure it's a lot of work initially but once done so much easier to manage and you can then throw any software at it

Brad

Dannymh
22nd June 2009, 10:34 AM
I reckon your mad if you don't have your music sorted correctly. Sure it's a lot of work initially but once done so much easier to manage and you can then throw any software at it

Brad

I agree in principle. In time wise, its a different story.

Though I just inherited 500GB of music sorted via iTunes and that seems to be working nicely as they have spent the time sorting it. I am thinking of going with Ultimate Jukebox though as that can use the iTunes sorting etc and that makes me a happy camper

Nidzdotnet
23rd June 2009, 10:28 AM
It is a lot of work sorting all your music directories but one it's sorted you can easily update it and add new albums with no worries at all. Keeps it all nice and neat. That's how my jukebox is sorted. Imagine saving album covers for 1800+ albums :)