PDA

View Full Version : MAME getting minimized in Windows

Viper
26th August 2006, 10:14 PM
Has anyone had issues with MAME being minimized by Windows when you run a game? I've just plugged my MAME cab PC back in after a year or so and when I launch a game from MAMEWah the game minimizes and I have to ALT/TAB to bring it up. It then plays fine but I find it rather wierd. Any ideas?

I'm running Win98SE with MAME .70 or something like that. I'm probably going to build another hard drive for the machine with TinyXP and a different frontend but just wondered if anyone had an idea.

It never did it before and the only thing that's happened since it was last in a cab running is I removed and sold the old ArcadeVGA card and have just put in a new one (with updated drivers etc.).

Personally I think the Windows install is ****ed but just wanted some opinions (that aren't related to why Windows sucks and I should go with Linux).

elvis
26th August 2006, 10:55 PM
Are you able to post your mame.ini and mamewah.ini files?

Sounds to me like a funky config variable somewhere.

Maverick
26th August 2006, 11:42 PM
yeah i had the problem once..... hmmm i think it has something to do with safelaunch, i'll get back to that one shortly

kramer
27th August 2006, 06:24 PM
two suggestions...
alt + enter, and check your launch settings for launching the program e.g. under executable's properties.

Viper
27th August 2006, 08:23 PM
Bah, bloddy thing is intermittent! I'll just put up with it till I get my new DVD's of the latest ROMS and rebuild my new drive with TinyXP.

Thanks anyway guys.

The Pinny Parlour
27th August 2006, 08:37 PM
Bah, bloddy thing is intermittent! I'll just put up with it till I get my new DVD's of the latest ROMS and rebuild my new drive with TinyXP.

Thanks anyway guys.

What front-end are you going to run on TinyXP?

Viper
27th August 2006, 08:48 PM
What front-end are you going to run on TinyXP?
Dunno yet. I want to try a few on this old drive to see how I like them before doing a clean install with the one I choose on the new drive.