PDA

View Full Version : Video Display problems

Tripguy789
8th June 2009, 12:25 AM
Hi guys
I guess you could call me a newbie so bear with me if im not up with all the tech speak. I recently bought a standup arcade 1069 in 1 which works fine except when i try to change the display setting from NTSC to VGA the screen flickers like crazy. I contacted the supplier and they said i need a VGA control Board and it will cost $380...
Does anyone know where to purchase one of these boards? and maybe somewhere a bit cheaper?

Any help would be appreciated
Shan

narf_
8th June 2009, 12:55 AM
http://www.arcadeparts.com.au/shop/index.php/21/128_CGA_To_VGA_Converter

this converts your arcade signal to vga

any reason you are changing it. have your installed a vga monitor :unsure

AskJacob
8th June 2009, 01:20 AM
A standard arcade CRT will not accept VGA signals, so this may be your problem. Like Narf says, is there a reason you are wanting to change the setting?

Cheers
Jacob

Tripguy789
10th June 2009, 05:14 PM
The reason why i thought of changing it is because there seems to be differences of colour on the sides of the screen. If you see the photo its red on one side and green on the other. I thought a vga card would fix these problems.
Is the monitor the problem?
Shan:confused:

Arcade King
10th June 2009, 05:16 PM
you need a degaussing wand to correct that colour problem. Most of our commercial sellers sell them cheap.

Tripguy789
13th June 2009, 11:56 AM
K thanks for that AK any seller you would recommend?:cool:

narf_
13th June 2009, 12:59 PM
gamedude
jomac
in2amusements all stock them in the commercial section :)

RetroGame
13th June 2009, 07:05 PM
you need a degaussing wand to correct that colour problem. Most of our commercial sellers sell them cheap.

Or if there is a de-gauss button on the monitor controls - press it.