PDA

View Full Version : putting life back into a playboy

sparkaruss
2nd June 2009, 10:58 PM
i bought this a couple of years ago,not going and a home made paint job.i put in many hours,days and weeks to fully restore it to its former glory.i bought a stencil kit from the states to do the graphics.this was the second playboy ive done with the first getting a 2inch by 3 inch picture of the artwork and taking it to officeworks got it blown up in to the right size which was done with about 50 a4 sheets i had to puzzle together.they were glad when i left! this one had a great playfield but the backglass had leopard spots? i bought a new cpu board and installed many nos parts.it turned out great and sold it for desent money although the buyer said it was to cheap.

stuba
3rd June 2009, 06:08 AM
wow nice job. playfield looks to be in great condition, leave that mylar where it is i think. i have that leopard spots thing in my backglass as well (which was cleverly concealed by the seller in his photos to me doh!).

CPR are doing playfields soon, i hope they do the backglasses as well.

sparkaruss
3rd June 2009, 07:32 AM
yeah that sucks,i sold mine on ebay and made it quite clear the backglass was not 100 percent. oh and the final picture is a bit pisculated it was actually very neat.

Skybeaux
3rd June 2009, 08:27 AM
Very nice job , i think it looks great!

I'll have to get around to painting the cabinet on mine one of these days....i'll be happy if it turns out as good as yours:cool:

rod71
3rd June 2009, 09:28 AM
wow nice job. playfield looks to be in great condition, leave that mylar where it is i think. i have that leopard spots thing in my backglass as well (which was cleverly concealed by the seller in his photos to me doh!).

CPR are doing playfields soon, i hope they do the backglasses as well.

The leopard spots are from the ink lifting off the glass AFAIK.

Would the glad wrap/triple thick method used to seal the glass get rid of the spots?.

fridgejam
17th May 2010, 08:51 AM
i bought this a couple of years ago,not going and a home made paint job.i put in many hours,days and weeks to fully restore it to its former glory.i bought a stencil kit from the states to do the graphics.this was the second playboy ive done with the first getting a 2inch by 3 inch picture of the artwork and taking it to officeworks got it blown up in to the right size which was done with about 50 a4 sheets i had to puzzle together.they were glad when i left! this one had a great playfield but the backglass had leopard spots? i bought a new cpu board and installed many nos parts.it turned out great and sold it for desent money although the buyer said it was to cheap.

Hi Sparkaruss,

Can you tell me what paint brand and colors you used on the Playboy cabinet (especially for the purple/pink color) . I am thinking about undergoing this exercise soon with a Playboy stencil kit, and any info and advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

dezbaz
17th May 2010, 09:11 AM
Nice work

Great machine, one of my favourites :)