PDA

View Full Version : Medieval Madness trolls..

Savage
25th May 2009, 04:57 PM
OK, 99% sure my fault.
I got two trolls with eyes that light up, but in the process of switching them over the troll switch assembly fell to bits, there's about 10+ pieces to these switches and dammed if I can find an exploded vie of how they go back together.
I did my best but looks like no go.
They don't pop up during the game but in the solenoid test they pop up under the test L Troll Power and R Troll Power, they both pop up and down.
Under the test L Troll Hold and R Troll Hold, nothing!

Also on power up the following errors are recorded.

Check Switch 45
L.TROLL (U/PLFD)

Check Switch 46
R.TROLL (U/PLFD)

I'm pretty sure it's the way I put back the switch assembly, so would be great if anyone has an exploded view of how they go back together!...

Cheers

Savage
25th May 2009, 06:12 PM
This is the switch, if anyone can tall me how these go together!>.http://mrpinballa.cart.net.au/details/165006.html
I done a switch test and not registering :cry

pinsanity
25th May 2009, 08:50 PM
Page 2-29 of the manual has a reasonably good exploded diagram of the troll and switch assembly.:cool:

ANT68
25th May 2009, 09:00 PM
If you need some PIC's let me know :cry

Ballypinball
25th May 2009, 09:34 PM
here you are

Savage
25th May 2009, 10:10 PM
Page 2-29 of the manual has a reasonably good exploded diagram of the troll and switch assembly.:cool:

Yeah, but not for the actual switch assembly itself, thanks anyway!

If you need some PIC's let me know :cry

Thanks for the offer

here you are

You friggin beauty, I'll check it out first thing tomorrow, totally stuffed from just finishing removing TZ decals...

BTW if you have these switches in stock I'll still take 2... THX

ANT68
26th May 2009, 06:06 AM
here you are

Nice work Wayne ,always happy to help out AA members
Thanks
Tony :039::038:

Savage
26th May 2009, 12:08 PM
Yep with thanks to the schematics from Wayne I was able to piece them back together correctly!<
Even the guy I git the modded trolls from pulled his apart and did the same thing for me, and gave more advise, amazing support!.

So now the trolls work on the switch test.
Still same error, and in game play In game play they weren't popping up! so I grabbed one and lifted up on one of the trolls (bit of force) and then bang come up by itself, did that to the other troll and again it popped up. Now no errors and they work by themselves. Maybe the solenoids are wearing?

Lloyd Olson
26th May 2009, 12:26 PM
Go into solenoid test and fire each troll and see if they work.

Easy to have problems - worn coil sleeve, troll carriage coming apart and binding.
LTG :)

Savage
26th May 2009, 01:41 PM
Go into solenoid test and fire each troll and see if they work.

Easy to have problems - worn coil sleeve, troll carriage coming apart and binding.
LTG :)

Weird thing they worked fine in the Solenoid test. But could be wear.
But could be worn coil sleeve, when I go over the whole pinball will check on these too.

Some other things to check (these were from Gary Burback, who I got the mods off)
Sounds like the plunger is getting stuck in the coil in the first little bit, it don?t take much to stop them from working. On those solenoids, make sure they work smoothly by hand. Nothing should stick. Check the plastic tube inside the coil for wear, dirt, cracks. Make sure the plunger is not getting caught on anything, like that plastic sleeve or the coil stop etc. Check the plunger for mushrooming on the end. If it is you can use a file to smooth it back down short term although you may want to get new plungers long term in that case