PDA

View Full Version : Building Cabs

Two Dads
1st December 2005, 03:02 AM
hey all, not really a restoration as want to build cabs from scratch as not liking my chances of finding some of the orig ones I would like..

Anyone have any info or sites they know that have plans for orig cabinets so I can get stuck into having a crack at making some..

Thanks..Pete

Wotto
1st December 2005, 06:36 AM
If you go to www.BYOAC.com you will see an "examples" page and can find plenty there- some have plans.

Otherwise - I have plans for Defender and Pacman replica cabs and the artwork OR I have plans for the ultimate cabinet from 1upArcade - PM me if you want them and I will email the plans to you nect week-

Wotto:D

elvis
1st December 2005, 01:23 PM
What style do you want? 99% of cabs are LuSiD-based cabs (mine included). Otherwise you can have a go at drwaing something up in CAD that resembles a particular style you want to try and replicate.

www.klov.com and similar sites have thousands of cabinet images. Look at them and BYOAC for inspiration. I settled on LuSiD plans because I liked the style, and it gave me heaps of room inside to play with.

RetroBorg
1st December 2005, 06:51 PM
I think you'll find these links usefull:

http://www.jakobud.com/

http://arcadecontrols.com/arcade_cabinet_plans.shtml

Let us know what style you end up going for.

Good luck.

Retro

Two Dads
2nd December 2005, 03:08 AM
Thanks fellas, why is there so many choices..lol
Want to do as close as possible to a ghosts & gobs and a hyper O and if I can manage to do alright then will do a commandos one...or I just take up a hobby that involves less chance of me cutting bits of me off in the process..

Thanks..Pete

hamish_nz
6th December 2005, 08:11 AM
I built a cocktail from plans off the net. It was a lot more work than I thought but it turned out Great. I got Galaga artwork from Localarcade and had it printed at a local printer, I also
got an original coin door from the USA. I will take some pics when I am back in NZ.

Two Dads
6th December 2005, 08:35 AM
Cool, look forward to seeing pics.. I got an empty table here I have to do up as well(thanks to Jumpydoctor for giving it to me) just not sure what game to throw in it.. As it will be a perm setup want to make sure I put a game in that wont bore me after a week..Bet I still manage that but.

buzzbox
7th December 2005, 06:35 PM
Hi td

What cab have you decided on building ...maybe we can share a few ideas on building ??

MadMikeAU
7th December 2005, 07:28 PM
After reading this thread, I am toying with the idea of having a go at this one...
http://arcadecontrols.com/arcade_cabinet_plans.shtml#Kyle_PacMan
...looks cool enough for a MAME vertical shooter cab.

Two Dads
7th December 2005, 07:29 PM
Not a hundred percent sure yet dude, Have a few I would like to do from the games I have, so was looking at either commandos, ghost & goblins, hyper olympics, pacman, or galaga ( if I end up with one that might be up for sale) so would prefer one of those. But keen to try any.
Pete

Vertical shooter...I still using poxy ass keyboard for mame at moment...:cry