PDA

View Full Version : Nice Looking Pirates for Sale on Ebay

ROWAN
18th May 2009, 10:14 PM
Hi
New to the forum and looking to buy a new pinball - there is a Pirates of the Caribbean on Ebay that looks really nice - just wondering what people think of it. I have been looking around and it seems cheap( $6000 collectors quality). Opinions would be greatly appreciated asap as the auction ends tomorrow night at around 7.30 pm
Thanks
Rowan

coolspot
18th May 2009, 10:40 PM
put the link in

bwodie
18th May 2009, 10:44 PM
Unless its coming from a dealer I think you are paying 500-1000 to much

ROWAN
18th May 2009, 11:07 PM
The ad is on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=110389097962

It looks to be in absolute mint condition and home use only the seller has an excellent record on ebay.
I haven't been able to find one for under 7000 in fact the only ones I have seen available for sale on internet here is around 7200-7300 so I would think that 6100 is an excellent price especially as it is home use only. If I can snag it for 6100 or around that I will be wrapped.Only one day to go so here's hoping.
Rowan

Mr Tilt
18th May 2009, 11:09 PM
Buy it, its a bargain!!!

rod71
18th May 2009, 11:12 PM
Have you played the game much?.

I've played a couple of games on site and found it OK i guess. But didn't really wanna keep playing it after those couple of games.

julienv
18th May 2009, 11:18 PM
Hello,
I have seen this auction & he has listed it a few times before. I don't think there is a real demand for Pirates as it is a bit of a boring game (in my opinion). After playing it a few times it just seemed like work & not fun at all. I did like the artwork though. To read what other think try the following: http://ipdb.org/search.pl?any=pirates&searchtype=quick#5163 This is the link to the Pirates entry in the Internet Pinball Database & is limited to pictures & user comments.

Read an indepth review here: http://pinballnews.com/games/potc/index6.html
This is about as unbiased a review as you will get & very informative.

ROWAN
18th May 2009, 11:18 PM
I have played it at bumper action in the city and think it is great couldn't get off it - that's why I want to get one. Had the treasure chest , boat sinking into play field , spinning disk up the top - really had a lot of fun features that I liked and the theme was great. I played other games in there but this was a stand out to me that's why I am interested.
Rowan

Thanks Julie I have looked at the sites and the overall feel is that it is a very good pinball so I think I will go for it- as far as I know the seller has only listed it once as I was watching it and they wanted 7200 this is a big drop and is now in my price range - a lot cheaper than bumper and another place that wants 7250 !!
Thanks for your advise and the links /info much appreciated

Mr Tilt
18th May 2009, 11:30 PM
Ive got a MB, TOTAN, TZ and pirates

When visitors come over, Pirates has the longest queue

rod71
18th May 2009, 11:31 PM
Just curious. Will it be your first machine?.

LOTR4U
19th May 2009, 09:28 AM
$5500 tops.

narf_
19th May 2009, 07:23 PM
welcome aboard

dont take this the wrong way but your posts look like your plugging the machine than buying

for a first time pin buyer this is quite a big leap

MrMaloo
19th May 2009, 07:42 PM
There's only 2 minutes to go and you haven't bid yet .... If you want it you better hurry up.

rod71
19th May 2009, 08:06 PM
welcome aboard

dont take this the wrong way but your posts look like your plugging the machine than buying

for a first time pin buyer this is quite a big leap

Heh. Reading over his posts again, i think you might be on to something there.

If that is the case. Thats just :lame2:

narf_
19th May 2009, 09:02 PM
well all posts only in this thread. talks of quality,end time,competitors and the auction

just comes across as generating interest

julienv
19th May 2009, 09:20 PM
well all posts only in this thread. talks of quality,end time,competitors and the auction

just comes across as generating interest

Now that I have re-read the post I think you may be right. I feel like a bit of a goose for trying to help someone :(

Pinball Warehouse
19th May 2009, 09:46 PM
Rowan was lucky he didn't bid on it, no one else did. Watch ebay next week for a new starting bid $5500.
I wonder if Rowan was really the buyer or the seller or was he both, we will never really know or will we.

ANT68
19th May 2009, 10:02 PM
I reckon $5000-$5500 is on the money :jump:

narf_
19th May 2009, 10:05 PM
http://lgnshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/pirates-xxx-000-cover-front.jpg

arrrgggg :cool:

ANT68
19th May 2009, 10:17 PM
http://lgnshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/pirates-xxx-000-cover-front.jpg

arrrgggg :cool:
:Love.thumb:

narf_
19th May 2009, 10:25 PM
id walk the plank thats for sure

now if they done a movie for that one :laugh:

ROWAN
20th May 2009, 12:40 AM
Hi
I have been privately messaged and was able to pick one up for 5800 as long as everything is ok with it, I am going out to look at it on the weekend and if all is ok then I will probably buy - havent seen any pictures yet but the seller says that everyhting is a-ok . Some people on here think that is overpriced but as I said I haven't been able to find one at any pinball website in Australia for under 7200 so I think this is good buying at 5800.
And I like to play it as I said I played it at Bumper for an hour or two and loved it. As for paying to much for a pinball first up I have been told by a mate who has had a pinball that I am better of buying a newer pinball and one that is stern because it is easier to get parts as they are still in operation, I appreciate peoples help on the forum and am only just starting to collect and appreciate peoples feedback

AskJacob
20th May 2009, 12:49 AM
I played it at Bumper for an hour or two and loved it.

....and that is all that is important. It's a personal thing - you love it, then great - especially now it seems you also have a lead on one.

Best of luck landing it and let us know how it goes...

Cheers
Jacob