PDA

View Full Version : XBOX 360 liteon not playing anything after ixtreme 1.5 HELP!!

mamejay
12th May 2009, 11:19 PM
Hi All,

I need help from any of you hackers and modders out there.

I have recently flashed my liteon drive with ixtreme 1.5 firmware with jungleflasher V0.1.59
I made my own serial cable and was successful in extracting the key, inquiry.bin identify.bin and dummy.bin files.
The drive was flashed following the exact steps in the jungleflasher guide.
Now when I put any disk in it fails to read the disk. This includes orginal DVDs and original xbox games.
I am sure the key is correct and I have confirmed that the drives firmware is ixtreme with the same extract key.
I hope I have not damaged the drive while I opened it.
Any of you more experienced guys have any advise?
Thanks

DevoDave
12th May 2009, 11:35 PM
Check that you haven't dislodged the small ribbon cables inside the drive, make sure both ends of the SATA and power/signal cables are connected OK and the right way around.

Open your backup BIOS file with Firmware toolbox and make sure it's not corrupted. If it's okay, flash back to original and see if the problem goes away. If the problem remains, you may have killed your drive. As long as your backup is OK you can flash it onto a replacement drive and you should be back in business.

I avoid jungleflasher and use DOS-based tools to take the complexities of windows out of the exercise... but I'm a pro.

Emohawk
13th May 2009, 08:38 AM
Hi All,

I need help from any of you hackers and modders out there.

I have recently flashed my liteon drive with ixtreme 1.5 firmware with jungleflasher V0.1.59
I made my own serial cable and was successful in extracting the key, inquiry.bin identify.bin and dummy.bin files.
The drive was flashed following the exact steps in the jungleflasher guide.
Now when I put any disk in it fails to read the disk. This includes orginal DVDs and original xbox games.
I am sure the key is correct and I have confirmed that the drives firmware is ixtreme with the same extract key.
I hope I have not damaged the drive while I opened it.
Any of you more experienced guys have any advise?
Thanks

Have you got a How-To link for the serial cable would like to know how to make one.

Scratch that found one looks like a pain might just have to spend the $60 and go order one.

DevoDave
13th May 2009, 09:04 AM
If your read of the original BIOS is bad, you are basically buggered and you'll have to buy a new XBOX360.

Have you checked your backup BIOS with Firmware toolbox?

mamejay
13th May 2009, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the advise Devo. Will give it a hit tonoght flashing it back to the OG firmware.
I hope its just a flash problem and nothing else.

DevoDave
13th May 2009, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the advise Devo. Will give it a hit tonoght flashing it back to the OG firmware.
I hope its just a flash problem and nothing else.

Check the firmware file first. You'll be wasting your time if it's not valid.

mamejay
13th May 2009, 07:11 PM
Check the firmware file first. You'll be wasting your time if it's not valid.

I downloaded Firmware Toolbox and opened the dummy and key file. I think firmware file is fine. I am not 100% sure how to check it. Devo any advise on this one?
I may have screwed the drive. It does not want to erase anymore and seems to be identifying as unknown.
Anyone know how to flash the original firmware back onto a liteon?
I will just get my hands on a new drive and spoof the key etc to it. I still have the
Anyone got a spare drive I could test it on first? Any help will be appreciated and will score you a 6 pack at least.

DevoDave
13th May 2009, 10:21 PM
I downloaded Firmware Toolbox and opened the dummy and key file. I think firmware file is fine. I am not 100% sure how to check it. Devo any advise on this one?

Sorry... Firmware toolbox may be a bit old... You can check the file in Jungleflasher itself. (Firmware Tool 32 tab... Load Source Firmware)

If you open the DUMMY.BIN file using Jungleflasher, it should indicate Vendor Lite-On, Model DG-162D2S, Revision (whatever), and a DVDkey at whatever address.

If you get an error message, I'm guessing you are screwed. If it comes up fine, you can load the key into another drive worst case.

mamejay
14th May 2009, 01:35 PM
Thats Dav. The file loads fine and I have tried reflashing the firmware back on but the drive still refused to read any disks.
I will order one from china, I can get a Samsung TS-H943 drive.
Will that drive be ok?

DevoDave
14th May 2009, 05:36 PM
Thats Dav. The file loads fine and I have tried reflashing the firmware back on but the drive still refused to read any disks.
I will order one from china, I can get a Samsung TS-H943 drive.
Will that drive be ok?

Yes, use your original key.

HDCM
16th May 2009, 10:13 AM
hey mate
howd you go with this :)

mamejay
16th May 2009, 02:38 PM
hey mate
howd you go with this :)

Hi HDCM,

Got it up and running about 1 hour ago.
Had to replace the drive with a Samsung. Thank God that my key bin files where fine.

I must of fried the liteon when I was probing it. Lesson learnt - Be careful when probing.

Thanks to everyone for there advise.