PDA

View Full Version : not sure its repair but a free service here

markc
17th August 2006, 10:14 PM
Hope this is ok with everyone
sorry Geoff thought it might need a new thread

Child Amusements is without a company logo and my artist abilities only stretch to the bull variety, especially when i've had a few.

Is there anyone out there that would like to try and design a logo for us so that we can display it on Aussie Arcade.

We are willing to supply a free machine service in Melbourne to the winning design but not to anyone interstate so would have to come to some arrangement if you are interstate.

If you come up with something just post it here or email it too me at geoff@childamusements.com.au.

May be we could get forum users to judge which is the best if there is more than one design.

any takers?

Thanks
Geoff (Child Amusements)

Viper
17th August 2006, 10:17 PM
Sound like a cool idea. There a few graphic arts type guys on the forum so shouldn't be too hard to find a nice design.

markc
17th August 2006, 10:36 PM
maybe as Geoff says if we get a few we can have a poll on which one people like best ?

mark

markc
16th November 2006, 09:22 AM
we have finally agreeded on a logo for now

thanks all for the pictures

mark

Mickey Juice
16th November 2006, 09:36 AM
Who made it?
Looks good

The Pinny Parlour
16th November 2006, 09:45 AM
ok I'm going to say that I like the design, but don't like it in it's currrent look and i will list my reasons.

Text font is hard to read as it is so close together and the colour makes reading it even harder.

When seeing the image, you can tell it was made using layers. The different elements that make up that image are visible to someone with little design experience. ie, the layers of the pinball, logo text and other text, are all in different resolutions, some are a little blurry and some aren't. The text that says "Pinball Sales and Service" still has visible rectangle around it because it has been layer added later. (not good) One could easily just insert text onto the working layer.

The whole images needs polishing to make it crisp to view. in it's current form it lacks that. On a whole i like the design, it just needs tweaking.

My 2 cents.

markc
16th November 2006, 10:33 AM
thanks Ian for that
I will see what we can do to change things. we have changed the colour so many times ..... guess we have to start somewhere. had to finally get something going but yes needs finishing off

it came from a poster here that has been banned well part of it and Geoff my business partner changed a few things

mark

Mickey Juice
16th November 2006, 11:07 AM
it came from a poster here that has been banned well part of it and Geoff my business partner changed a few things

Ha. So all of our designs must have sucked! :lol :D

bwodie
16th November 2006, 11:39 AM
i didnt like it either but was not going to say anything because i couldnt be as constructive as pinny.
Its just nothing special. It's not professional. Saying that, I couldn't do better

Foot
16th November 2006, 12:11 PM
New logo design looks pretty good :023: , but I thought my design wasn't too shabby..:unsure

markc
16th November 2006, 12:28 PM
Ha. So all of our designs must have sucked! :lol :D

not all sucked we used one we sent from here but the poster not here anymore

mark

Arcade King
16th November 2006, 12:37 PM
not all sucked we used one we sent from here but the poster not here anymore

mark

Hurry up and get your image on the toplist :p
I rekon if the background was black it would be fine and make the text much easier to read.

The Pinny Parlour
16th November 2006, 12:38 PM
Hurry up and get your image on the toplist :p
I rekon if the background was black it would be fine and make the text much easier to read.

Pinball would be unrecognisable though.

DKong
16th November 2006, 09:32 PM
A quick response ..half letters one side..balll in middle..other letters other side...

markc
20th November 2006, 07:35 PM
logo has been finalized we have used one that was done by ourselves, I did like the pinball ones though

hope everyone likes this one and this can be added to the toplist page please

also need to add

We were lax and hadn't informed the person about using the logo he designed which caused a little bit of a hiccup. Rather than use a logo that was not properly authorised we have decided to cease using that logo and use one that was quickly designed inhouse.

We aplogise to the person concerned and we did offer some some supplies as a prize, after the fact, and as these were refused we do not feel right using his design so have removed it entirely.

Sorry about the confusion regarding our logo...we thank everyone who attempted to design a logo for us.

child amusements