PDA

View Full Version : Setting game to free play

Spuddy_J
16th August 2006, 04:58 PM
Hey people,
I've just come into posession of a CPS1 Warriors of Fate PCB. Unfortunately as I do not have a coin mech on my cab and the game is not set to free play, I've been unable to play it as yet. Could anyone offer any advice to set the game to free play?
I figure it has something to do with the dipswitches on the credit board but I am hesitant to alter them as free play is working fine on my 1 Slot NEOGEO pcb.

Spuddy_J
16th August 2006, 05:29 PM
Problem solved. Woo-hoo!

Davefjedi
16th August 2006, 06:24 PM
an explanation as to how you solved may help others in future if they have a similar issue :D

Spuddy_J
16th August 2006, 06:44 PM
heh, fair enough.
By wiring in a service button I was able to change all manner of options including the coin-setting.

Mickey Juice
16th August 2006, 06:49 PM
Are there some Jamma boards that can't be set to 'Free-play'?
I have a Double Dragon 2 board, but there doesn't seem to be a free play setting.... I just set it to 1 coin = 9 credits :) or similar

Berty
16th August 2006, 06:56 PM
Are there some Jamma boards that can't be set to 'Free-play'?
I have a Double Dragon 2 board, but there doesn't seem to be a free play setting.... I just set it to 1 coin = 9 credits :) or similar

Yeah, alot of the euro and asian cps2 stuff cant be set to free play. Im sure that there are alot of boards out there that cant be set.

bwodie
16th August 2006, 07:08 PM
there are a fair few jamma boards that cant be set to free play, especially older ones. I just wire a button to the coin up and click that

GameDude
19th August 2006, 08:35 AM
If you do not have a manual for the game then the best bet is to look at dip switch bank one.
usually its either 3 then 3 or 4 then 4 in regards to coin #1 and Coin #2 (8dip)
examble
123 off-off-off or
1234 off-off-off-off

will result in 1 coin 1 play
123 on-on-on or
1234 on-on-on-on

will usually result in freeplay.

456 and
5678 on the dip usually are a mirror of coin 1 for coin 2

most coin tables for most games are the same.

Hope thats not to confusing:D

sneek
19th August 2006, 10:18 AM
The Qsound boards were the first to have a proper configuration menu replacing the dipswitches :)

Warriors of Fate is cool... ive been enjoying mine :D

feeras
19th August 2006, 10:58 AM
I believe my Forgotten Worlds pcb can't be set to free play. Annoying as hell as I have to either get a coin mech or wire a button etc.