PDA

View Full Version : any NSW'ers wanna go halvies with me from marco?

bwodie
16th August 2006, 11:10 AM
Hey guys,

Not sure if any of you have purchased from www.marcospec.com before, but the one time i did, they were excellent.
The only problem is they only offer a flat rate shipping cost of $40 US up to 4 pounds. My total basket is only 1.96 pounds.
everything is so much cheaper from them. targets only $7.50, rubber kits only 13-14$ (all US of course)
If anyone wanted to go fifty fifty on the 40US shipping, they could choose up to 2 pounds worth of gear at a pretty decent price.
I have sourced the parts i need from a few different places, but obviously alot cheaper to get everything from one!

anyone keen or got any other ideas? :)

LOTR4U
16th August 2006, 11:37 AM
Im keen, I need globes and rubber kit for my Getaway pin.

bwodie
16th August 2006, 11:48 AM
excellent
will pm you this afternoon or tonight and we will sort out the details :)

edit* is it going to be worth it for you, to pay 20$ us for shipping (26-27$ aussie) for those items.

LOTR4U
16th August 2006, 12:40 PM
Yeah good point. :unsure probably not.

NMD
16th August 2006, 05:58 PM
If your just getting general items why not go airmail from pinballlife.. not only are the prices cheaper but he offers all sorts of shipping methods. You probably pay half that amount in shipping via airmail as opposed to marco's fedex style

kramer
16th August 2006, 06:05 PM
i'd also be interested. picking up a globetrotter bally pin and will need a rubber kit, a ball probably, and mayby some globes.
will get back to you about it..
definately interested.

bwodie
16th August 2006, 06:56 PM
right well hamish pm'd me this arvo and hes keen as mustard so thats, that
my apologies kramer, was at work or would of said something :)

jackpot, the prices for the parts i wanted were actually slightly more expensive from pinball life, and they didnt have stock on 2 of the items (slightly hard to find targets). they were able to get them in, but not so keen to wait lol
from marco, if you load up with 4 pounds of gear it becomes worth it, but anything other then that and your right, their fedex crap is a Rip! :)

kramer
16th August 2006, 07:57 PM
so have you placed an order?
i'll know by tomorrow what i need if you haven't and if it's still economical to go over 4 pounds.

bwodie
16th August 2006, 08:12 PM
will definatly chase that up for you kramer. might be even cheaper to go three way :)

4_ur_amusement
16th August 2006, 08:46 PM
hhhhhhhmmmmmm or maybe ask a private collector who buys in bulk hhhmmm