PDA

View Full Version : Advise on mini-socket set for pinball repairs

cejay
30th April 2009, 03:50 PM
Hi,

I'd like to get a mini-socket set for dealing with annoyingly located nuts etc when trying to disassemble playfields. Mainly those pesky post nuts that are in awkward spots.

Is there a neat mini-socket set which deals with the common sized post nuts etc. Looking for a small wrench but with a long narrow shaft (no jokes pls) that can fit into tight gaps (again, no jokes pls <_<) as I am sick of messing about with shitty small spanners etc.

Thanks

Chris

Beast
30th April 2009, 04:48 PM
I got a Stanley socket set that works well for me....has 3/16" to 1/2" size sockets and a short and long extra shaft that gets into those tight spaces.

Makes it sound so sexy :lol

Gav
30th April 2009, 04:59 PM
Bunnings have an Extendable length screwdriver with a 2-way lockable ratchet and magnet tip for $30. It's what I use and find really handy as the extention allows you to get to tight spots and the ratchet means that you don't have to keep trying to find the bloody nut or scew head heaps of times.:)

Talby
30th April 2009, 05:33 PM
I've got a Sidchrome socket set with both metric (4mm-13mm) and A/F (3/16"-1/2") sockets. It also has two different length extensions.

It has paid for itself over and over just in the amount of time it has saved me working on the machines.

Add a double open ended spanner 1/4" one end and 5/16" the other end and you have almost everything you will need to work on the machines. Can't remember off the top of my head what the other size spanner is.

Can't go wrong with the Sidchrome stuff IMHO.

Beast
30th April 2009, 06:08 PM
Can't go wrong with the Sidchrome stuff IMHO.

Cannothandamanagranderspanner.....:laugh:

Talby
30th April 2009, 06:26 PM
Cannothandamanagranderspanner.....:laugh:

luv it.

Probably made in the same factory as your Stanley stuff but it would make my old man happy buying Sidchrome. :cry

terry007
30th April 2009, 06:29 PM
You need a nutdriver set. Im sure someone on here was selling them a (long) while back.

Just like this:
http://www.pinrestore.com/Tools.html