PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hacked the code on a 48 in 1 ?

Prof
24th April 2009, 01:55 PM
Anyone hacked the code or know what it's running and how to run another program on one.

A couple of them would work well if i can program them

Brad
24th April 2009, 01:59 PM
Aren't they supported in Mame now. Open up the rom and have a look? :unsure

Brad

AskJacob
24th April 2009, 03:04 PM
They are kinda supported in mame... It looks like there is more to "just the roms" in the eeprom... It is packed solid with data - I'm guessing not only is the data compressed (hence the boot-time for the board) but the roms themselves have been hacked at to work on the pcb...

Wish I knew more about mame and the 48-in-1 processor to get my head around it...

Cheers
Jacob

Brad
24th April 2009, 03:22 PM
Grab Mame Source and have a look at the driver for it. The source code is pretty easy to read actually. I used to compile a lot of mods and hacks in a few years back.

Brad

AskJacob
24th April 2009, 03:58 PM
Grab Mame Source and have a look at the driver for it. The source code is pretty easy to read actually. I used to compile a lot of mods and hacks in a few years back.

Brad

Yeah, I have found the source is good - perhaps I should have added ".. and the time to fiddle with it" :lol

The driver is still pretty prelim - I think the processor is an ARM of some kind which is not implemented fully just yet...

Cheers
Jacob

Brad
24th April 2009, 04:04 PM
LOL. Isn't the 48-1 though a form of emulation? So really we're emulating and emulator.

Brad

AskJacob
24th April 2009, 04:26 PM
LOL. Isn't the 48-1 though a form of emulation? So really we're emulating and emulator.

Brad

Yeah, but understanding the beast is key to being able to change what games are on it!

Cheers
Jacob

Prof
24th April 2009, 06:41 PM
bugger the games, i want to run other stuff

DKong
24th April 2009, 06:51 PM
bugger the games, i want to run other stuff

That has me curious , what other stuff would you want to run on a Jamma PCB:unsure

Prof
24th April 2009, 07:15 PM
robotics

and a few other things

AskJacob
25th April 2009, 01:23 PM
Hmmm much better platforms for that though aren't there?

Lots of open source platforms, and probably at a comparable price... And the bonus of having flash onboard for code rather than having to erase/burn an eprom...

Cheers
JAcob