PDA

View Full Version : MGL-T8 Game 8: Vanguard

Amy
20th April 2009, 08:46 PM
Game 8: Vanguard

Selected from top 1000 list

http://www.klov.com/images/11/1181242184299.png

No current high score for this game

This game is a horizontal and vertical scrolling shooter with four buttons that let you shoot in four different directions. In addition to shooting enemies, you can drive your ship through an "energy" pod that energizes your ship allowing you to crash into enemies without being destroyed.(http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=7922)

Games are picked through a random generator from the list compiled in the MGL 8 thread. To have your games included in the pick you need to submit a score. You can add to this list at any time.
Remember to make your score valid you need to post your score in the subject line and don't forget your screen shot, any troubles let me know.
Mid week bonus of 25 MGL points are awarded to the highest submitted score as at Midnight Thursday. The highest submitted score at the end of the MGL week will receive 100 MGL points.
Your scores need to be in by next Monday 27th OF April BY 8PM (NSW daylight savings time).
Amz

Foot
20th April 2009, 10:15 PM
Gaunlet!!!!, ****ing stupid game.........some drunk dude with a self love interest liked playing this one, wankers.....

Edit: mmmm seems I was a tad intoxicated when I posted this

spaceballs
21st April 2009, 07:59 AM
Gaunlet!!!!, ****ing stupid game.........some drunk dude with a self love interest liked playing this one, wankers.....

....tell us what you really think :lol:lol:lol

DKong
21st April 2009, 09:50 AM

:lol thought so, its funny though because it true. Not exactly a fun one player game and not a good choice for the MGL IMO.
Suppose I will have to see how far I can go on one coin

MonoJoker
22nd April 2009, 06:55 PM

I've never played it but since I'm well on the way to being intox* too I might load it up tonight and give it a go.

But then I said similar about Wonderboy too and look what happened :laugh:

Cheers
LT.

DKong
22nd April 2009, 07:29 PM
Really is a boring game, in 1P mode, is anyone playing:unsure
I played a couple of games and switched to some pinball.
Maybe we should have a midweek switch to another game:unsure

SectionZ
22nd April 2009, 08:26 PM
I've had a couple of games. Do you have to play as warrior ?

It maybe a little late now to change games, but I'd have no objection. I guess we should trim down that top 100 and chuck a few others in, as there are a few that are not too relevent or unemulatd or require specific controls etc. in the mix.

wingtipvortex
22nd April 2009, 09:08 PM
I agree, maybe a midweek switch is in order. Tones of classic games that havn't come up yet, what do you think Amy:confused:

DKong
22nd April 2009, 09:14 PM
I've had a couple of games. Do you have to play as warrior ?

It maybe a little late now to change games, but I'd have no objection. I guess we should trim down that top 100 and chuck a few others in, as there are a few that are not too relevent or unemulatd or require specific controls etc. in the mix.

Yes as one player unless you change your MAME config for this file, ie player 4 config to player 1.

No one can really get into this game by themselves unless they are quote

Foot
"Gaunlet!!!!, ****ing stupid game.........some drunk dude with a self love interest liked playing this one, wankers....."

Its a coin sucking game that goes nowhere

No purpose here especially if you want to add health plus you can sit at the first doorway and just kill ghosts for ever.:boring:

Please change the game Amy:089:

We can can call it a hiccup in the MGL and pretend it never happened :)

Amy
22nd April 2009, 11:37 PM
ha ha is it really that horrible....im really curious, I might actually go play it.

Ill get back to you all.

we have played worse than this...seriously i was expecting something along the lines of asteroids crossed with rambo (well i couldnt think of anything worse).

But I do have really pretty buttons!!!! :)

Seeing as three people have asked though I will change the game tomorrow unless anyone objects before I do so.

Amy
23rd April 2009, 09:15 PM
OK guys...game has been changed....see page 1 for details.

*****PLEASE NOTE******
Midweek points will be awarded on Sunday morning 8am Amy time. (NSW)

Hopefully this game might suit you better...I have never heard of it!!!

wingtipvortex
23rd April 2009, 11:12 PM
Thanks and kudos to you Amy, Vanguard is the game, wingtip is my name.....lets go boys and girls!!:laugh:

DKong
24th April 2009, 06:24 PM
Never played this game before, 4 fire buttons makes it interesting.

MonoJoker
24th April 2009, 09:12 PM
Never played this game before, 4 fire buttons makes it interesting.

Except if you have 2 rows of 3 like me - then it makes it confusing beyond belief :laugh:

Cheers
LT.

wingtipvortex
24th April 2009, 09:19 PM
Except if you have 2 rows of 3 like me - then it makes it confusing beyond belief :laugh:

Cheers
LT.
:lol Try it on a keyboard, its weird:o

DKong
24th April 2009, 09:26 PM

Cheers
LT.

I have the same setup, hit TAB reconfigure the buttons ie middle up is up, left is left, right is right and and middle down is down;)

SectionZ
25th April 2009, 09:55 PM
Crazy Game, some good Sound FX

DKong
25th April 2009, 11:20 PM
Crazy Game, some good Sound FX

Good score man:cool:

Amy
26th April 2009, 10:30 AM
SectionZ midweek

SectionZ
26th April 2009, 11:49 AM
Good score man:cool:

Cheers DK, I realized I wasn't fully utilizing the fire power. For example shooting up or down instead of just right on the side scrolling levels ;)

Foot
26th April 2009, 06:59 PM
I remember playing this as a kid. Been away this weekend so I'll try and get a score up soonish

Score: 49100

Can do better, this was on the keyboard and I should have redefined the keys as I kept getting the 'sticky key' message popping up when hitting the shift key :laugh:

DKong
27th April 2009, 07:48 PM
Just did the one more game thing and made 97290. :D

Amy
27th April 2009, 08:16 PM
MGL - T8
Game 8 Results

Game 8 is officially over

Congratulations to those who participated and submitted scores

Results for Game 8: Vanguard

DKong now holds high score of 97,290

1. DKong 97,290
100 points

2. SectionZ 77,750
105 points (80 score, 25 midweek)

3. foot 49,100
50 points

Leaderboard (http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=21740) has been updated

Scoreboard (http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=13631) has been updated

Foot
27th April 2009, 08:33 PM
Nice score DK

The competition was fierce for the top 3 spots this round, we where lucky to get away with any points at all....

SectionZ
27th April 2009, 08:56 PM
Good Score DK, round 3 I notice, that damn Gond guy got me at the end of 2. I had a few more games but didn't improve, just how fast is it on round 3? The scrolling on round 2 is so quick the planes look stationary so what do they go backwards :lol

DKong
27th April 2009, 09:49 PM
Good Score DK, round 3 I notice, that damn Gond guy got me at the end of 2. I had a few more games but didn't improve, just how fast is it on round 3? The scrolling on round 2 is so quick the planes look stationary so what do they go backwards :lol

Cheers
Round 3 is the same as round 1, but with the pace of round 2. I just had to make it up to the big scoring part, (the scramble looking part with all the buildings) thats where the score goes into overdrive, unfortunately my spaceship did as well and crashed:lol

Something weird happened with one of those swirling worm type things at the end of round 2, (when you are going vertical near the boss) I think I ran into it and it went red and 1060 came up:unsure

Nice score DK

The competition was fierce for the top 3 spots this round, we where lucky to get away with any points at all....

:lol

SectionZ
27th April 2009, 10:10 PM
Something weird happened with one of those swirling worm type things at the end of round 2, (when you are going vertical near the boss) I think I ran into it and it went red and 1060 came up:unsure

Oh didn't you realise you can run into them for a bonus up to 3 times :cool: the speech say's cease fire I think & theres some giggling SFX.