PDA

View Full Version : How to wax successfully?

spaceballs
17th April 2009, 12:28 PM
Ok..so i have been reading a fair bit latley about cleaning your playfeild. As i have only just purchased my first pin, TSPP, i want to give it a bit of a clean down.

Tried cleaning under the right hand ramp first and found it to be ok to do. Used Novus 2 on this area. A bit of trial and error but gave it a good enough clean that it seems to have made a difference already. Very nervous to try and remove the lounge area however, but i guess i have to do it some time.

My main question is to then wax the playfeild...should i strip it completly to get some real elbow grease going or is it going to be ok to do it in sections with minimal moving of ramps, bumpers and plastics etc....

Thanx guys.

4_amusement_only
17th April 2009, 02:23 PM
Really depends on the degree to which you want to clean your playfield.
If it is really dirty, then a full strip down would be in order, however if normal
upkeep is required then i suggest just cleaning around items that are fixed.
Remember that around 70-80% of where a ball actually makes contact with,
(ie, not under ramps etc) can be cleaned without removal of playfield items
and if this large percentage is kept clean then dirt is less likely to accumulate in
hard to reach places and such doesn't warrant a time consuming strip of your
playfield.

Use your Novus 2 or Mills wax for your general clean and if you have any Novus 1,
Finish it off with an application of that and results can look impressive. Hope this Helps.

pinmike
17th April 2009, 03:37 PM
wot a great first pin:cool:
the next pin is in for a tough job to match this 1:p

Fish Tales
17th April 2009, 03:59 PM
Prob worth taking off the plastics and ramps and giving the whole thing a good clean. After that its just keep the wax up to the areas the ball actually travels on. Mr Sheen should be good enough to clean her, then a decent paste wax. Get new balls, and replace the rubbers as you clean and wax.

spaceballs
17th April 2009, 05:10 PM
Thanx guys...will go and get some good wax....Maguires Carnuba seems to be the go....one question on the ramps, if i remove em, putting them back is no real issue. ie: don't have to worry about angles of the ramps??

Oh.... Also how often should i wax the playfeild?

Brootal
17th April 2009, 05:16 PM
Try this

YouTube - Different Hair Removal Options : How to Wax Bikini Area

Ballypinball
17th April 2009, 06:25 PM
If you tried that on a Stern game it would RIP the artwork off the playfield:lol

Fish Tales
17th April 2009, 06:29 PM
Thanx guys...will go and get some good wax....Maguires Carnuba seems to be the go....one question on the ramps, if i remove em, putting them back is no real issue. ie: don't have to worry about angles of the ramps??

Oh.... Also how often should i wax the playfeild?

Just do one section of the PF at a time, take photos beforehand if your concerned about how things go back on. Wax every 3 times a year? Depends how often you play it, or how much you enjoy keeping it looking all glossy and shiny. In the wild they get no attention and survive ok lol

Beast
17th April 2009, 09:53 PM
If you tried that on a Stern game it would RIP the artwork off the playfield :lol2:

And even worse on the cabinet :D

DKong
17th April 2009, 11:01 PM
Umm Wax on Wax off :run:

Like others have said depends on how dirty your PF is. If its dirty strip and clean the lot and then wax (a few times while everything is stripped) then you can just do the main part , should last years (lots for home use):D